Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor FPS went horribly down

Outdoor FPS went horribly down

Anywhere player cities is really hard to move. Also, building (regular buildings, not player city ones) take a long time to load for me. I'll be doing a mish, and wait in front of the building for 4-5 seconds before it appears.

Generally, lag is way up with this patch for me. Makes the games almost unplayable. When flying outdoors, I have anywhere form 4-7 fps
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

I am going to make a wild guess: NVidia card?

So far, it seems that ATI users are spared the terrible drop in framerates (I tried mine in a city today, and while the framerate was only 13 FPS, it's been like that before patch as well). My NVidia card fried during 16.4 development and had to swap it, but first thing Monday I'm going to install one and see where this comes from.

If anyone can confirm or disprove my su****ion, do so in this thread, please. And remember we're talking about BIG drops in framerate here!

One work PC on which I've seen it happen: AMD x64 dual-core, XP Professional X64, NVidia 7600, Driver version 91.31

Also outdoor fps down here everywhere, 6-7 fps always, before it was atleast 15 fps outdoor

ATI graphic card....
    Ornaola - MA - 220/28/70 "teh main" - Equip <3
    Ornael - Soldier - 220/20 "twinky" - Equip
    Kitaniya - Doc - 220/22 "cute doc" - Equip
    Astonon - Enf - 208/17 "enfo" - Equip
    Ornaila - Crat - 217/16 Busty Beauty <3 - reroll
    Ornaenta - NT - 170/12 ''nuky nuky''

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Never had FPS problems before this patch. Now i got two.

Massive drop of FPS in areas with lots of trees, ie: pen, ely, some places on RK. Some FPS drop in Alien Cities.

And what's most annoying is that i never had to use "Mouse lag fix" because my cursor always responded perfectly before this patch. Now, it leaves trails in the above areas and lags no matter what i do.

AMD x64, NVidia card.
    [#] Supa 'Novalis' Pheared - 220.21 - Atrox Enforcer
    [#] No 'Pulverizer' Mercy - 220.25 - Opifex Agent
    [#] Pain 'Demonify' Machine - 220.21 - Atrox Keeper

I'm having the same problem. Intel 3 GHZ, 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, Driver version 32464 XP Pro SP2

Hopefully my new mainboard, video card etc will be in this week and will solve the problem.

I got a ati x800, 2g of ram, p4 3.2ghz and since the new patch i have been getting 40-60 FPS in bor, and 90-100 FPS in missions.. i like the new patch

NVidia 7600GS, no differences between 16.3.x and 16.4.x, my guess it's something else

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    If anyone can confirm or disprove my su****ion, do so in this thread, please. And remember we're talking about BIG drops in framerate here!
    Before patch i had 90-100 FPS in most areas, except when at wars or really crowded raids (but that wasnt a problem). Now i have unde 50 FPS all the time, and as i've said above, zones with lots of trees take me under 10 FPS. Plus, can't target or select anything anymore with the mouse in lots of areas.

Nothing changed in my computer, hardware or software.
    [#] Supa 'Novalis' Pheared - 220.21 - Atrox Enforcer
    [#] No 'Pulverizer' Mercy - 220.25 - Opifex Agent
    [#] Pain 'Demonify' Machine - 220.21 - Atrox Keeper

also nvidia 7600gs here, immense difference between 16.3 and 16.4, in the negative way. I'm now getting short pauses every 1-2 seconds, as if one or two frames were skipped.
    Not to mention that traveling now is quite a hassle as the whompas aren't visible/loaded yet when you arrive there.. worst is in omni-ent. Getting out of the Rome whompa or grid in the south, running towards the 20k whompa north.. you bounce against the (still invisible/not loaded) spiked pillars, aiming where the whompa should be.. and starting to zone before the whompa itself appears.
    Marcos "Sisyphos" Bacarella - lvl 220 Enforcer 2HB *slam* *hack*
    Prof. Steven "Techleet" Falken - lvl 220 Engineer *solder* *screw* *BOOM*
    and the cuddly leet family -=(DNW miss yoo!)=-
    Through the ranks of the Unbeliever we shall move, creating a river of blood as we go.

OMG O.o

Horrible! No need to say anything more.

A64, nVidia 6800GT.

P.S.

Oh, yeah...

"Your next scheduled billing is:

Anarchy Online 3-months recurring - EUR 35.85 (2006-11-05 12:46:43)"

Please, gimme a reason to extend this to next 3 months. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix plx, *BEFORE* 2006-11-05. kthnxbai
    Last edited by Klod; Oct 28th, 2006 at 16:54:27. Reason: Just wanted to add...

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    So far, it seems that ATI users are spared the terrible drop in framerates (I tried mine in a city today, and while the framerate was only 13 FPS, it's been like that before patch as well). My NVidia card fried during 16.4 development and had to swap it, but first thing Monday I'm going to install one and see where this comes from.
    It doesn't mean you shouldn't try to figure out why does AI cities chop the framerate so thoroughly - sometimes even when they're not visible as they're behind other geometry like buildings, hills, etc., or simply out of viewdistance - while you're at it.
    Actually, it's not even the whole city, just some parts/features of it, when it comes into view, there goes the framerate from 40-70 to 15-20 for me; I can look at certain parts of cities without the framerate drop, but if I turn a bit further, wham, it goes down. I've tried many times to identify exactly which building is causing this, but it was not conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoleet View Post
    also nvidia 7600gs here, immense difference between 16.3 and 16.4, in the negative way. I'm now getting short pauses every 1-2 seconds, as if one or two frames were skipped.
    Ah, it's good to see that I'm not the only one with this afterall. Posted about it here: Periodic graphics pauses but no one seemed to pick that one up.
    I'm using an ATi 9600 Pro tho.

To mr.dev:

ATI users get spared? *snicker* , erhm nope? Try to run through player cities with a radeon 9600xt (wich should be more than enough to run AO at full settings). My fps goes from 40 to 1-10(random) when looking at player cities, even if i run far away from them i get fps drops (when looking in their direction). It doesnt matter how far, or how close i am cause i still get the fps drop. To me, it seems like my client is trying to render every fricken player city in that specific direction regardless of distance.
    Rerolled old toon:
    Catosan - TL6 Adventurer - MeleeMonkey
    Shixxer - TL3 Fixer - In training
    Marthechan - TL2 Bureaucrat - In training
    Facepool - TL1 Enforcer - In training

Hanging around since: 2001-12-30 15:33:24

I am not retreating - I am advancing in another direction.

I'm having bad problems after last patch with my GF 7600gt ... (A64)

I used to have about 30-40fps in org-cities .... today 6-15

also everywhere in the landscape, but even in OA, NL and all SL areas I visited...

It's really annoying, because I paid some money for this graphic card just to avoid these lags in AO and it worked well till last patch

I can run almost every new game on my pc without having any problems, but after last patch I nearly can't do an ai raid in 5-years-old game, because it's not possible to control my mouse with 5 fps

that's just pain

wts all uphs for comming back to 16.3.

/hust
    Last edited by hust; Oct 27th, 2006 at 22:16:11.

Seeing a heavy loss in framerate. Did a pande raid and started off fine, usual 20 fps I get in pande. Once we got to the first zod it dropped around 1 fps... and stayed that way after falling off and zoning. Had to relog to fix it. This is with a 256 MB 6600.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Seeing a heavy loss in framerate. Did a pande raid and started off fine, usual 20 fps I get in pande. Once we got to the first zod it dropped around 1 fps... and stayed that way after falling off and zoning. Had to relog to fix it. This is with a 256 MB 6600.
    Heh I heard when omninet were spammed (Trying to do East @ Pande again) that was realy funny :O atleast I didnt went to there, cuz I know the lag was HORRIBLE

----------------------------------------------------

NVidia GeForce 6200 256mb
    AMD Sempron 3200+ (2 Ghz)
    1 GB DDR Ram

I was always having atleast 40fps, in raids (pande raid) was like 20fps but that was Ok, and now... was killing pumpkin-heads, and just I turn to the side in any area where city is, I was always having like 3-4fps >.< in any sl garden was like 40fps, now ~10...

Bor was like 35-40fps, now 20-25...

This patch totaly sucks, and I HOPE that FC is trying to fix that huge terrible misstake O.o
    Last edited by simonas; Oct 27th, 2006 at 22:09:10.

I use ATI graphics and my FPS have been halved pretty much anywhere now.

Angry NV 6600 GT also not working

Also unplayable on
    Nvidia 6600 GT
    +latest drivers(91.47)
    +latest directx (file date 22 Sep 2006)
    even with all details/effects off

Running across ao hill is great now. But doing ai raids in player cities is now a turn based thing more or less on both my computers. 3.2 ghz p4, 9800 proo, 2 gig ram, raptor and audigy zs.

Most bugs and poor performance can be avoided but having the mouspointer lag insanely like it does now makes the whole game unplayable.

Fix soon plz.

I too have noticed a major drop in my fps in player cities. I found that if I turn down my view distance from 80% to 10%, my fps goes back to normal. The only catch is that now I can only see whats within arm reach basically and no farther, which is really annoying. Basically I have been running my city raids looking just at my mini map and basically ignoring the actual game screen itself. Its kinda like playing a text game. When we zone on the ship, this problem goes away. About 9/12 people at my last raid had this problem. Will update this post with my less than stellar computer specs when I get home from work. Weee for 'fixes'.

Edit:
    My pitiful specs:

1.6 Ghz pentium M
    1 Gb ram
    Mobility Radeon 9000
    Last edited by middrums; Oct 28th, 2006 at 07:30:44.

nvidia card here as well. i only noticed the drop as soon as the halloween 'fog' appeared. before that it was fine.
    Russm-Chlorobi-Russaneer-Russypoo-Ivanmcnauty-Secksmachine-Annoyedpocky-Plooshka

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast