Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 42 3-tower raid after Omni/nuet beast today Sat 11.

42 3-tower raid after Omni/nuet beast today Sat 11.

Beast raid conflicts with our scehduled 42 3-tower raid, so I'm rescheduling the 42 raid 90 mins later, right after the omni/nuet beast. I haven't talked to Kev yet, but we'll be short people if we don't delay it for 90 mins.

So posting new time for 20:30 UTC

Saturday November 11
    http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fi...0&min=30&sec=0

Joint omni/nuet/clan raid. We are going to spawn the big 42 boss, and make AO folklore. No dimension has succeeded yet.

Everyone previously invited to these raids, and those experienced in 42, please be in bot before that time. 80+ individual invites just isn't possible, so don't expect a personal invite.

This is NOT an AXP raid. Don't come expecting much. No whiners please!

PLEASE! No tower attacks between 19:00 and 24:00 UTC, on any side! PLEASE!

L215+ with exceptions made.
    Last edited by WC_; Nov 11th, 2006 at 16:29:32.

North force was wiped by adds on boss.

Not sure if it related, but - SH was involved to battle by some mongo/taunt (99% sure it can't be avoided):
    Signal Hacker was attacked with nanobots from <mongoed tank> for 1 points of energy damage.
    - happend several times

in short time after that - someone used SB causing:
    Signal Hacker was attacked with nanobots from <random raid member> for 1000 points of chemical damage.
    <random alien> was attacked with nanobots from <random raid member> for 1000 points of chemical damage.
    x10+ (according to my DD Log)
    - actually nobody attack/hit SH (at least before I'm died)

99.99% sure - we had mongoed hacker many times in previous raids, but it don't result massive adds/raidforce wipe

so
    - massive adds spawned only after SH got some significant damage
    - its almost impossible to avoid attacking SH, but we shall keep it as low as possible (ideally limit it to taunts only)
    - don't use (at least some) SBs - it helps in killing several particular aliens, but may cause entire raid to be much harder or even impossible...
    Last edited by candle645_; Nov 12th, 2006 at 01:50:56.

think most ppl coming to that raid knew when to sb or not

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    Not sure if it related, but - SH was involved ...
    Yeah, instead of rebuilding tower it was busy with us.

Not sure if it related, but - SH was involved to battle by some mongo/taunt (99% sure it can't be avoided):
    Signal Hacker was attacked with nanobots from <mongoed tank> for 1 points of energy damage.
    - happend several times
    Not avoidable? I don't understand. You fight the boss away from the tower, and away from the path he takes getting to the tower. The signal hacker should never be in mongo range of the tank at any point? Perhaps I don't understand. Explain more please.

99.99% sure - we had mongoed hacker many times in previous raids, but it don't result massive adds/raidforce wipe

so
    - massive adds spawned only after SH got some significant damage
    - its almost impossible to avoid attacking SH, but we shall keep it as low as possible (ideally limit it to taunts only)
    I am unclear on the 'adds' rule for signal hackers. Is the number of adds we get when the signal hacker is attacked ...

1) fixed
    2) based on number of toons within a certain proximity range of the hacker, like the tower adds are?
    3) based on the number of people that damage it?
    4) based on the number of times it is hit, regardless of people? i.e Does each individual mongo generate 1 additional add?

Does a mongo 1-point damage hit, generate 1 add, or no adds? No adds would be if a certain amount of damage has to occur in a hit to generate an add.

When we attack the signal hacker, by accident or design, our tactics at that point should be dictated by which of those 'adds' rules applies the the signal hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    ... I think the airstrike imight be triggered as soon as one tower is rebuild. Best guess would be to get a tank to keep hacker from rebuilding tower, we did this once by accident. Just nobody should attack it to prevent spawns.
    I fear that this might be the answer. If so, this will be a very difficult thing, to handle both the boss and the signal hacker at the same time. Particularly west raid force, which is quite stressed handling the boss adds and cacoons alone.

The reason this sounds plausable, is the hint Means provided previously, when talking about the airstrike ...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ... If the airstrike comes you have already failed...it just clears up the mess.
    I have taken this to mean, that if we get an airstrike, we have done something wrong. Airstrike then resets the playfield for next attempt.

If a rebuilt tower signals an airstrike to occur (we failed raid condition flag), then we'd HAVE to keep the signal hackers busy while we're fighting the bosses.

It might be that handling the signal hackers is easy, while doing the bosses. If the rule is "number of adds dependant on number of people that hit the hacker", then an enforcer can just go intercept the hacker before he rebuilds, and drag him a bit away from the other enforcers, which would just generate 1 add. We wouldn't kill him, just keep him busy attacking the drag-enforcer.

If we don't know the hacker 'add' rule yet, we really need to experiment once to find it out. I think others have done this already, though. So I'm hoping someone can just post the rule here.

Guys, please next time train minibosses to cave... And leave 1 team inside of tower area to deal with hackers. Something telling me adds are counted based on number of ppl in tower area.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I went on my first Sector42 raid on my Doc. I was on North team.

It appeared to me that the adds were popping 2-4 at a time every 20 secs or so, they just built up and built up in number. Why I dont know ofc but still, the way it looked.... a couple spawned every few seconds until it was just too many.

Our second tank wasn't mongoing. I was tanking several adds (due to my heals I guess bior/aura/bio rejuv) and when our primary tank died (cray*** sorry forgot your nick) I got more adds and general on me.

Everytime we failed, it was 2nd tank fault imho...
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Guys, please next time train minibosses to cave... And leave 1 team inside of tower area to deal with hackers. Something telling me adds are counted based on number of ppl in tower area.

We tried this before, but it is very hard to do. Between the fence, adds and getting cocooned - good luck.

The one big difference I noticed in yesterday's raid was that usually there is a hologram box on east side before the first of the two fences, and this time there was no box, but there were a pair of biological transceivers. I got the nano from both, and it was identical, so I have no idea what the second one was there for. This is sort of like the second transceiver that shows up near the second fence on east after you defeat the boss, but I died during the fence crossing, so I wasn't able to check it.

I have no idea what the purpose is of the second transceiver. At this point, I'm leaning towards a really cruel red herring, or a simple bug.

I was at north group and we had a hologram box, I even managed to grab a screenshot this time!
    Minge ?
    It will remain playable until : 2007-10-27 16:08:34

Quote Originally Posted by Minge View Post
    I was at north group and we had a hologram box, I even managed to grab a screenshot this time!
    Honestly.. I think that's just recylced scenery

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

There's a biologic transceiver inside it
    Experienced Kazbah - 220 Keeper - <3

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

Quote Originally Posted by Minge View Post
    Box means nothing..we'll get rid of it when we can.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Box means nothing..we'll get rid of it when we can.
    Means, can you confirm whether the second transceiver, about a meter from the first, is also meaningless or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    Means, can you confirm whether the second transceiver, about a meter from the first, is also meaningless or a bug?
    I think there's always a second transciever (based on other pfs).... remember in 13 there is one on both sides of the fence... thus, it would make sense that there is one here at the end of the fence... probably just a way to go back if wanted/needed.

Personally, i wouldn't read much into it.

I'm still a firm believer that we need to kill all three towers at approximately the same time and keep the SH busy so they are not rebuilt. I remember someone linking to database items referencing the towers being down (too lazy to find link) and i have a feeling that if the timing is right we may avoid the mini-boss spawns all-together in favor of the big, artillary boss. This would make much more sense in terms of 'anti-zerg' as 1-2 teams going to each tower is feasible assuming there is no big boss to deal with since adds are based on the number of people there. This would also give a good reason for the second transceiver so we can get back to the big area where the boss likely spawns
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    I think there's always a second transciever (based on other pfs).... remember in 13 there is one on both sides of the fence... thus, it would make sense that there is one here at the end of the fence... probably just a way to go back if wanted/needed.
    Just to clarify, when we kill east, we see 4 transceivers. Two near the first fence, both on the same side towards the big central area, and two near the second fence, both on the side where the tower is and the generals spawn. I can't really imagine a reason to have all four, unless it's some form of bug, or something to do with spawning the final boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    All the transceivers should place the same nano on you. There should only be one...but as they do the same thing we figured it didn't matter if there were more than one to use. More convenient with groups of people. Meaningless I would think...but you will need to use them to get through the fences.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Thank you Means.

I think the towers being rebuildt might signal "everything is in order" so it prevent the cavalery to come in so high numbers.
    We're better off killing them with a dead miniboss.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    Thank you Means.

I think the towers being rebuildt might signal "everything is in order" so it prevent the cavalery to come in so high numbers.
    We're better off killing them with a dead miniboss.
    UNLESS (as in this is completely unconfirmed) killing the generals is part of the signal for the airstrike. IF that is the case, then we would need to do this without killing them...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast