Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sector 42, November 18th

sector 42, November 18th

good: only took a bit more than 1 hour to assemble
    bad: failed again
    good: was still fun

a little bit of help would be really appreciated means. small tip for the effort maybe? =)

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    good: only took a bit more than 1 hour to assemble
    bad: failed again
    good: was still fun

a little bit of help would be really appreciated means. small tip for the effort maybe? =)
    Well first thing we need is to reliably be able to kill all 3 minibosses, east got wiped today
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

yes true, but i still think taht as soon as one tower gets rebuild ET is calling home and telling on us... not sure.

Also I was quite impressed on how fast we were able to kill the hacker on west without too many adds at all.

Well... So far...

1. At north it's good idea to spam blinds/calms.
    2. Hacker comes after we attack some1. He's not coming till we attack.
    3. Hacker coming from outside of boss area.

Idea:
    1. raidforce proceed as usual till last fence.
    2. we pull running patrollers to between fences.
    3. raidforce stays between fences while pets/ranged kill tower.
    4. Once tower killed - all but 1 soldier rush back.
    5. Soldier AMS and /wave to mini-boss then rush to behind fence.
    noone attack anything INSIDE boss area.
    6. kill boss between fences while killing coming hackers (if any)
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I don't see why you would want to kill the boss between fences, sounds suicidal to me.

I think we're on the right track here, air strike was 30 minutes after west tower was down and I think west was the first tower to go down? Seems to me we have 30 minutes to then kill all bosses, and make sure the tower stays down so that no towers are up 30 minutes after. It sounds reasonable, even if the west boss takes a while to kill we did it in well under 30 minutes.
    Now if we did manage to kill everything and got a final boss that would only leave us about 15 minutes, which doesn't sound like a lot but anything could happen (we might get warped somewhere as people already suggested).
    Minge ?
    It will remain playable until : 2007-10-27 16:08:34

killing the main boss between fence is kinda suicide indeed :P and the idea was probably also getting adds killed by fence but i don't think aliens get killed by their own fences, if they would it would have been pretty cool :P. i have full confidence in kevoupe's raids and i really hope i'm there when all 3 bosses go down... and nothing happens. Fc humor.

You guys are doing really well. Too bad about the wipe. When you guys took out the Proto-Embalmer I thought it was going to be close. But not this time.

You guys are getting really close. I can't wait to watch the next one.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

If that is not a hit, I don't know what is.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    You guys are doing really well. Too bad about the wipe. When you guys took out the Proto-Embalmer I thought it was going to be close. But not this time.

You guys are getting really close. I can't wait to watch the next one.
    hmm .. I'm reading 3 things into what Means said here, by the way he chose his words ...

1) Killing all 3 bosses is necessary.

2) We didn't need to do anything different than what we were going to do during the 3-tower raid, to spawn the artillery commander.

3) We don't need to prevent the signal hacker from rebuiilding the tower while we kill the boss. When we killed the Proto-embalmer, the tower was already rebuilt. This statement wouldn't have been true then --> "When you guys took out the Proto-Embalmer I thought it was going to be close."

Maybe all towers need to die once and stay dead long enough for the Artillery Commander to come see what's going on? Are we sure that the air strike comes 30mins after ANY tower is dead, and does it still come if none of the towers have been rebuilt by then? Each time the towers have been killed, how long has there been between EACH TOWER BEING DESTROYED? i.e. maybe they also need to be killed within a very small amount of time of each other..... so if they're not all killed within 20 seconds or somesuch BOOM!
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Kev had a timer up when west tower went down, it end exactly as i reappear in pandemonium garden

maybe we just got to keep all 3 towers killed and are the 3 bigbugs just major distractions 0o :P. nice post about the dev comments

Perhaps it's exactly as we've been attempting:

1. Kill all 3 towers
    2. 3 mini-bosses spawn
    3. Kill all 3 mini-bosses (during which time Signal Hackers rebuild towers)
    4. Kill all 3 towers again
    5. Big boss thinks, "wtf, my lackeys failed, I better go down there myself."

We really don't know yet since one of the 3 (east, north or west) has failed in our attempts the past few weeks. Until we can rule that out, I don't think we need to have bigger raidforces keeping hacker (and his many adds) killed and preventing the tower rebuild.
    Ryph, Enforcer, Godfather of Underworld
    Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
    Explorer 86% Socializer 66% Achiever 26% Killer 26%

Why do we let the tower get rebuilt?

East would have been ok, except that we had wacky pathing from the Field Marshal and the Signal Hacker. After we took down the tower the first time, the Support general poped as normal and started attacking the raidforce. However, the Field Marshal poped somewhere beyond the fence, ran out to the signal tower spot, and then ran back between the fences. A few seconds later, he and the signal hacker ran out together, and both agg'd us.

Of course, because the signal hacker agg'd, we got tons of adds and ended up wiping. I thought at first that someone must have shot at him (or the Field Marshal) to get them to come from their path between the fence and the tower spot and come to agg us, but I checked the damage logs, and there wasn't a hit from anyone, so they just naturally agg'd. I'm not sure whether the Signal Hacker came along with the Field Marshal because we didn't pull the Field Marshal on his first trip or what, but it was definitely odd.

I think next time, East will just camp near the wall, and deal with the roaming patrollers rather than chance agg'ing the Signal Hacker. Then again, I'm not sure what we can do to get the Field Marshal and not the Signal Hacker.

So does the hacker spawn inside the fenced area? If so is it possible that we need to keep him in that area, prevent him from making it to the towers?
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Seemed to me like the hacker spawns somewhere inside fence area or before it.
    When East got wiped, north and west decided to rush back since we had time, to try to take out east as well. We (North) ended up repeatedly killing SH with adds by the fence until we got overloaded with adds and got wiped ourselves.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

so with that small, but very encouraging (thanks), feedback from means...

U scheduled the next raid yet kev?

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    so with that small, but very encouraging (thanks), feedback from means...

U scheduled the next raid yet kev?
    it's each saturday

Quote Originally Posted by WC_ View Post
    hmm .. I'm reading 3 things into what Means said here, by the way he chose his words ...

1) Killing all 3 bosses is necessary.

2) We didn't need to do anything different than what we were going to do during the 3-tower raid, to spawn the artillery commander.

3) We don't need to prevent the signal hacker from rebuiilding the tower while we kill the boss. When we killed the Proto-embalmer, the tower was already rebuilt. This statement wouldn't have been true then --> "When you guys took out the Proto-Embalmer I thought it was going to be close."
    or the proto embalmer is just a hard mob and we looked capable of finishing the rest of the sector maybe he's just posting and not talking in riddles and hidden messages?
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast