Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NT Wishlist

NT Wishlist

Updated 2/20/07
    As Sevent recently pointed out, our wish/concern list is kinda old and dusty... so I redid the one we had

Older/Alternate wishlists can be found Here, Here, Here, and Here

Our old wishlist prioritization poll can be found
    Here

Wishes

Top Wishes (Most asked for)

Dramatic reduction in the lockout of the Nanobot Shielding Nano Being locked out of an important part of your toolset for 30 mins is way too long in an mmo. Lower it or provide ways for dedicated people to lower the recharge.

Exchange the Nano Dot associated with the Shielding nanos to a single nano hit A single hit of a large magnitude (30k?) would make these far more functional in the ways that we use them

Auto Nuke feature: Lag, Casting animation and timing all contribute to NTs failing to realize their damage potential. Please provide an 'upload' feature for the cyberdeck, or a 're-cast last nuke' to allow for auto-nuking. Casting another nano interrupts this activity.

Working Range Debuff: NTs have a line of nano range increasers as Range used to be a core advantage of the NT toolset, unfortunately for game engine reasons range was capped at 40m. One way to restore this part of the toolset would be to improve/adjust the Range Debuff nanoline, dropping mobs/dynas/players range below the 40m cap, therefore restoring the lost range advantage.

Extermination Symbiants: Please add: Ocular: Nano Init, Intelligence (both are essential NT skills/abilities). Chest+Waist+Leg: Stamina (MC Trickle down). Leg: Stamina, +HealDelta. Feet: +Healdelta. Ear: +XP%

New PVM Endgame Nukes: NT's have hit a long dry spell for new nukes at the endgame and in fact for most levels of the game. Please add some new ones.

Exchange the +400 nanoinit proc for a 1 second stun proc that will execute with the same 10% chance.: 1 second is not too long to kill someone who's stunned, especially not by us. 1 second is long enough to run away from melee range. 400 init for a couple seconds when we're under attack is mostly useless. At most levels you can now have so much init that you'll be able to pretty much cap the nano you have, and if you don't will you really notice, while being hammered on, that now you have 400 extra init so you can go fulldeff for a few seconds before dying? 1 second stun would be much more useful imo. It would also help break alpha kills from some shade or MA who pops up behind us. Alternately: Add this as a self-buff with the same kind of stat.

Secondary Wishes (Asked for, just not as often)

Reduce recharge on all buffs to 1s

Cyberdeck Equip time decreased to 1s or all weapons having a 30s equip time

NR Nuke Range increased to 40m

Removal of Fumbles

Better Layers: Extending our current layered protection line to keep up with where the game is currently.

Healing: Some form of a self heal beyond the perk heals and the genome heals that only Solitus can access

Concealment Buff: In most games invisibility is important part of mage's toolset- in AO we get that using conceal. Though with dark blue conceal skill we could really use some buffs for that.

Separate defensive and offensive lines of the new shield nanos: So using one won’t lock the other.

Stun Protection: One of the easiest ways to kill an nt, would be nice to have some way to guard against it.

New graphics on nukes: The old shaky blue lightning squad is getting a bit old. Some new graphics would be appreciated.

More Damage/ Damage options/builds: Give us more ways to up our damage if we choose to build our characters that way.

Remove the level lock on SL nukes: This is an old but still a valid request, would also bring some viability to nanomages.

Remove the 30 minute lock on the offensive shield: We shouldn't be limited to only using our toolset once per 30 minutes

Mirror Image type nano: A way to distract opponents, this can include many things that we could "Matter Create" to cause havoc or distract opponents.

Auto refreshing Layers: Every 5 seconds or so, would be useful so we don't have to interrupt offense for defense.

Nano Damage Aura or Team buff: As an additional way to up our damage and help out others.

Invisibility: Something that completely skips concealment as a way for us to conceal ourselves, should be a part of the NT toolset.

Lag Compensation for Nanos: Possibly reducing recharge when you cast nanos within a couple seconds of each other, or a nano init buff when you are chain casting.

Move Cyberdeck to the wristslot: Make this a way for us to keep it equipped and still be able to use a weapon or buffing item as well.

Evil Demon Wings (bat-like). Clan+Solitus+NT only (Wings of Satenia)

Holy Angel Wings (all feathery and stuff). OMNI+Solitus+NT only (Wings of Delerium)

Concerns

Poor damage when using Cyberdeck nukes. NTs are currently far from top damage dealers when using cyberdeck nukes. The only time cyberdeck NTs approach competitive damage are when they are on RK or are able to use the 220 nuke. Damage improves a bit at 215+ when they have more Damage types to choose from in order to exploit the AC holes in SL MOBs and because they are starting to get enough Nano init to make the 'deck nukes better damage than RB+Weapon. Important Note: NTs have lost a large part of their defensive capabilities in SL and even the 220 nuke falls far short of making up for that deficiency, especially as it is also OD’d in some scenarios (by lower level professions with far stronger defensive/healing ability) even though it is approx. 40% better than our other nukes.

Minimum damage using Nukes. Most professions have new weapons with high minimum damage to make up for the high ACs in SL, while NT nukes are designed for both RK AND SL. Additionally, in the majority of situations NTs are unable to exploit AC weaknesses in SL due to a narrow selection of damage types on the nukes (e.g. no spec 4 chem nuke until 215, no spec 4 Fire nuke until 216, no spec 4 Projectile nuke). Because of this the vast majority of NT nukes still hit for minimum damage and this is one reason 'deck nukes perform poorly. One option might be to increase the availability of damage types/change existing damage types, another to reduce the effectiveness of ACs on nukes.

Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes.The reason the 220 nuke is a lot better than the other spec 4 nukes is largely down to the lower cast time. The nukes seem to have been designed without the reduced effectiveness of nano init past 1200 and this means they scale very poorly, e.g. the 201 nuke requires 2250 nano to hit 2/1 at Full Aggro, a figure even 220s need outside buffs to reach. The 219 nuke requires 2850 nano init to speed-cap, the 220 nuke 1950. It seems from this that the 220 nuke was designed as a Fulldef nuke and the others as FullAggro nukes, but the speeds needed to reach the speed caps are far from being achievable even when a Nano Init heavy set-up is used (which results in gimped ACs and loss of other boosts).At 2100 nano init (self-buffed Nano Init @ 220): http://www.ramorak.com/sl/nukes.asp?...p;mc=2050& ni=2100&deck=8&ac=35000&end=1.18&a ggdef=100&sec=30 At 2850 Nano init (Nano Init required to speed-cap all nukes): http://www.ramorak.com/sl/nukes.asp?...p;mc=2050& ni=2850&deck=8&ac=35000&end=1.18&a ggdef=100&sec=30 At 2850 nano init the nukes scale nicely in performance.Suggestion: Large nano init boost on Cyberdeck (+1000 for Izzy's), or reduce cast times on the spec 4 'deck nukes by approx. 2s. This would allow us to hit the intended 2/1 cast time.

Damage vs. casting Support nanos (and loss of nano procs). Any time an NT casts a support nano (i.e. anything other than a Nuke) their damage drops dramatically, this is one reason NTs have such a hard time soloing, we can either layer/blind or we can nuke. With the cyberdeck we are the only profession that cannot deal damage while casting their nanos and whereas RK nukes had added procs (e.g. detaunts, stuns, debuffs) cyberdeck nukes do not making this even more of an issue at a time when we have a much reduced toolset. Please add more DD perk specials (to the Enhance Nano Damage line?), provide support abilities via Perk specials and add procs on to the cyberdeck nukes.

Nullity Sphere does not prevent reflect damage. We understand this is to prevent feedback loops but with the increased amount of reflect shields in use this has become a serious issue. Please change it so that Nullity prevents reflect damage.

Nullity Sphere death-trap Shield Ripper needs to be fixed for nullity. Being rooted and taking damage against certain outdoor boss mobs makes it a deathtrap for NTs using it. Please address this.

Perk specials landing rate Perk specials seem to be affected by the target's add all def modifier as well as their nano resist. This makes landing our perk specials twice as difficult in pvp on professions who have (relavitely) low NR but are able to achieve very high all def.

AI DOTs drop on strange mobs, lowest DOT useable at low TL4 drops on Hezak the Immortal, ql300 raidboss.

Recently Granted

Extension of the PNH line: With the new nano drain nanos, we could use some more and better ways to regenerate our nano.

Additional Nano Init options/items: There aren't a ton of things in the game that add to nano init at a significant enough level for us to be able to speed cap a lot of our nukes, especially at full def which is what we would like to be fighting at.
    Last edited by Steveo; Feb 20th, 2007 at 21:46:25.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Reserved
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Evil Demon Wings (bat-like). Clan+Solitus+NT only (Wings of Satenia)
    i soooooooo hope they will add this,im going to roll an NT if they do

Cheers Steveo,
    Must have taken a while to compile all that =)
    Looking good is nine tenths of the fight.

Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes.The reason the 220 nuke is a lot better than the other spec 4 nukes is largely down to the lower cast time. The nukes seem to have been designed without the reduced effectiveness of nano init past 1200 and this means they scale very poorly, e.g. the 201 nuke requires 2250 nano to hit 2/1 at Full Aggro, a figure even 220s need outside buffs to reach.
    Nanoc. init. is not the issue. Mine is 2275 without buffs running at level 213, I doubt a 220 has trouble getting 25 less.

(Not to mention I have seriously outdated symbs)

Quote Originally Posted by wopsy View Post
    Cheers Steveo,
    Must have taken a while to compile all that =)
    Thanks, ya it took a while but our old one was kinda crazy and outdated

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Nanoc. init. is not the issue. Mine is 2275 without buffs running at level 213, I doubt a 220 has trouble getting 25 less.

(Not to mention I have seriously outdated symbs)
    I think what the person who originally wrote that was talking about was capping them at full def. I would have to crunch some numbers to figure out how/if the lower ones can be full def capped with the current amount of init buffs in the game.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

I think what the person who originally wrote that was talking about was capping them at full def. I would have to crunch some numbers to figure out how/if the lower ones can be full def capped with the current amount of init buffs in the game.
    I think the main speed issue is lag compensation...Funcom appears to not take into account that even on a good day, there can be an extra 0.5 seconds added to each casting. That's not counting all those lag spikes where you do nothing for 10-15 seconds, then suddenly either the team or the mob they were fighting is dead.

Outside of that, the main issue in PVM is level-locked nanos for NT vs. non-locked weapons for everyone else. Anyone can twink on a high-ql weapon and leave it equipped--(how many non-agents still have caterwaul equipped for PVP?), where nanos are
    1. level locked
    2. cyberdeck type locked(and usually in a way that makes no sense, like the QL 75 nano that requires a lvl 75 NT, but has a deck requirement that means only an NT lvl 100 or higher can cast it, when the nano is useless to anyone over lvl 80)
    3. nanos are effectively unequipped when buffs wear off. if weapons and nanos had the same OE rules, we'd have a much more level playing field.

We can't cap our 220 nuke at full def (forget about capping any other SL nukes full def), while all the other professions can 1/1 their weapons... (self buff I mean)

WTB items that add ano init, like updated eye symb, with nano init inside...

ps : sorry if you don't understand, I'm so drunk atm
    Nerf "Goupille" Me
    RK2 Clan NT 220/27
    Veteran of Phoenix
    Setup : pvm / pvp

Docs need to be full agg too starting from 205, because the SL heals have insane cast time too. And still, even if they get critted/hit a lot, they are kinda hard to kill.
    The question is: will fulldef help us, or should we look for another kind of defensive toolset?
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Full def helps a lot
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

I'd still like to see Save or Die nanos considered... ;D

And before anyone shoots it down with, "that's broken", it *can* be balanced without rendering it useless, depending on how it would be implimented.

If you still feel the need to try to shoot it down, I'll copypasta my further explaination in the following post I make, if necesary.

[Yes, I *DID* say copypasta desu~]
    Mope, mope, mope...
    In the enchanted forreeesssst!

Quote Originally Posted by Goupille View Post
    We can't cap our 220 nuke at full def (forget about capping any other SL nukes full def), while all the other professions can 1/1 their weapons... (self buff I mean)
    no they can't.

Docs, for example, need full agg for their nanos as well.

MAs can't 1/1 full def without gimping their MA skill. They can get awfully close though (1.03/1 or so).
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Goupille View Post
    no they can't.

Docs, for example, need full agg for their nanos as well.

MAs can't 1/1 full def without gimping their MA skill. They can get awfully close though (1.03/1 or so).

the things i'd like to see are the exterm symbs being fixed, well really i'd just like them to go over all the symbs again. some of them are extremely stupidly done.

auto nuking would be good as well, or even just a way to queue the next spell(or more) cast to eliminate lag.

Nukes did a lot of things pre-sl. You could down grade your damage slightly to use crown, or you could risk pulling agro to get a stun off with EC. now it's just pure damage, and not very good damage at that. With the current skill set NTs either need to be -the- DD class or they need to be given more support options.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

you can cap ui at full def you only need 3k nano init witch is doable (if the equip to do so is good is another question:P)

For wishlist(dont know if this was mention befor but im to lazy to search:P):

1. Depend nuke dmg to MC(or other casting requiered skill) like the weapon skill(and ar) depends the weapon dmg, this would leave the level lock on the sl nukes but would make twinking mc/beeing nm useful.

2. Integrate synergy effeckts on dmg for a nt by teaming with other profs. This means teaming for a nt with a soldier, keeper or adv means nothing for him cause add dmg dont works on nukes, so for a nt teaming means nothing for his/her dmg (we are the only prof who has this effekt. I see two things how this could be obtain: Add a direct nano dmg on the add dmg buffs (at least on those with a very level req where the nt is used to equip a cd) or make add dmg cause more dmg on nukes.

3. Make dots depends on add direct nano dmg or remove the bracets behind them.

Some of these were granted in LE so I will move those out after all the fixes are applied over the next several weeks, seems to me that as we move forward we really could use a new pvm nuke at the top end, maybe something that won't lock us out of our toolset for a time period

But we'll see how things shake out and what our list will look like and talk it over, might be neat if we could set out what are the top requests on this list (I'm assuming auto nuke will have that spot)
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Additional Nano Init options/items: There aren't a ton of things in the game that add to nano init at a significant enough level for us to be able to speed cap a lot of our nukes, especially at full def which is what we would like to be fighting at.

New Nukes: NT's have hit a long dry spell for new nukes at the endgame and in fact for most levels of the game. Please add some new ones.
    Done!

Edit: didn't read last post...see you getting round to it.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

My wish list

A big advantage this game has over others is the symbiant- implant idea , which plays critical role in twinking ur chr so he can use devastating attacks or weapons . Items always handy but items exist in every other game .
    If u go to PW on cyborg camp and kil a few u will notice some atrox requirement implants drop , they exist long time in game and its a shame they are not so good , at least as FC was hoping for players , would be nice to twink them a bit and make them usefull for every lvl . Of course FC can do the same for every breed , a breed specific implant .
    Now to make it more interesting , make profession specific implants , quest based with slots or not but with each quest step to have the upgrade on hand so u have the choice to install the upgrade or not or proceed to next quest step and grab the upgrade u want and install it , something like that . I see endless possibilities in this for every profesion and unique combinations for each player. Of course it doesnt have to be always a quest , make ai mission bosses more interesting in loot or generals in city raids , so plp dont lose their interest to them. Adding an expansion in game means we have to make still the old part of the game interesting for all.
    About cyberdeck , i dont think FC wil never allow Deck to change slot . Will be to much trouble with deck and items in hand and big advantage for nts ( hehe i cant believe this i "talk" for nt and advantage after so many years ) . Make cyberdeck get more than one upgrades and still ofc have the dissasembler tool to follow it so each player make unique combinations . Perk lines was the start for unique players lets build in this part .
    Make sector 42 useable again , with ai missions now in game i dont need to go there again , even if i need the belt or any upgrade i can always farm points in raidbots and take them . Its to hard for a guild raid and big trouble to call for help. Make alien bosses in sector 42 drop upgrades for .. dunno ..anything .. Just make it playable again , plz .
    Another idea i have , we got subway for low lvls very good very usefull , totw also for low players( +for high ones ), ot mine also for low players and cyborg barracks in gtc .
    I always wanted a high lvl cyborg barrack similar to OT mine dungeon , borgs that can take down a high lvl team easy , make it challenging . Good thing with borgs is that not only their bosses kick ass to but each one of them . Ofc we laugh at them atm but remember the mort times after medusas nerf in efp where we were al camping mort for kiling borgs , how good it was . Then came Broken shores time omg .. Anyway , there is a place for such a dungeon alrdy in game, i suggest cyborgs in AVALON , the hill close to camelot there are some mission appartments in that area . Bad thing is we havent seen anything from cyborgs in game than the 2 guns for soldiers , a katana for low players and his upgrade . Did i miss anything ? WTB more items plz and armor from them , specially armor i am sure every1 drool at their pads everytime we are close to them .
    Dustbrigade mobs , we got Kronilis and other generals in PW but these plp dont have a base somewhere , well in rpg terms there must be a base somewhere , make one like the omni bases in avalon and efp .
    Delete stupid mobs wondering inside the islands in DAV , NOONE wil go inside to the center for any reason , it might lag less when the war comes up .
    Mirror image for nt hehe , well the mother of all rpgs is never wrong , in 9 lvl of spells and about 200 spells at least , exist a few to deliver bad ass dmg but are more than enough to evaporate a big amount of mobs either u play in pen and paper or NWN , rest are for protection and problem solving issues , funcom done the opposite gave us so many direct dmg nanos and few defenses with drawbacks . I would love to have MI nano like in game . A nice addition to our nanolines , for all professions, to trick player observation ,make nanos like that , make perception play critical role rather than boosting all ips to concealment to gank some1 .

Sorry for posting some ideas not meant for nt profession , i believe when the world upgrades , chrs get a twinking also .
    Freshman Tamara "Nozelin" Kozar

Ok, so I'm looking at this thing, and I will probably be taking it apart and putting it back together in the next couple days here... I want to kind of prioritize it so that the dev's know what our top wishes are at a given time, so I will try to do that but if you have any suggestions or you don't like the way I do it, either post here and call me an idiot or send me a tell and we can talk about it.

I think it will look something similar to this

Top Wishes
    1. NS3 (1:30 duration)(No recharge)
    2. Izgimmers Quadruple
    3. Nano Formula: Remove profession:Adventurer

Second tier (Still important but not as much)
    1. NT only yalm
    2. NT only nightclub
    3. NT only pie

Obviously those aren't serious but just to make it a little more easy to read and interpret. Because everyone's ideas are important but we don't nessecarily want to put all our weight behind all ideas equally.

Edit: Added some ideas to get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Steveo; Jan 24th, 2007 at 03:25:31.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Top Wishes (Most asked for)

Better Layers: Extending our current layered protection line to keep up with where the game is currently.
    This one kinda pointless now (with 17.1 inc), they could give us 4x or more bigger absorbs, and it would be useless.

Pre 17.1 (ignoring reflects)

Example 7000hp NT.

13000 AS.

6500 After pvp dmg nerf.

40% dmg cap kicks in

40% capped hit is 2800.

725 is absorbed, player hit for 2075 damage.

- - - - - - - -

After 17.1.

Example: 7000hp NT.

13000 AS

725 absorbed

12025 damage left, 6012 after pvp dmg nerf (rounded down half 1 point))

40% dmg cap kicks in

Player is hit for 40% cap 2800 damage.

Useless unless our layers are made big enough to absorb nearly an entire special attack like AS, example 8k absorb:

Gives AS 2.5k (only 300 less than 40% cap *easier numbers for the example*) dmg to us after absorbs knock some out and the 5k left is reduced by half for pvp dmg.

I highly doubt we gonna get a spammable version of bio cocoon, and anything less than 8k will still make us take more damage per AS than pre LE,

Considering any monkey can use and cap AS easily nowdays (except us), this makes casting layers pointless altogether.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

You're completely right from a pvp perspective Nano, but I'm also thinking about our pvm abilities which recieved very little attention in this expansion.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast