Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make Ofab armor/ weapons Level

Make Ofab armor/ weapons Level

A lot of people are complaining Ofab armor and weapons cost to much VPs and they are pretty much worthless untill ql 300. It _is_ also easier to farm AI armors, and the huge advantage is you can always sell the armor and upgrade to higher QLs.

Now, how about if the armor/weapons could level up?
    So, lets say when you start a new toon, you farm a little VPs and buy your full ql 25 outfit, then as you progress (of corse would be doing AI missions since there not that bad) you would be able to right-click the armor and for the cost of the next ql (ql50) it would cost you the amount needed for the ql 50 minus what you already spent on the ql 25. Even maybe go that far as to have it increase by grades of 1 ql instead of 25.

This would make the armor much more atractive, but still you need to put a lot of effort into it, and it doesn't seem like a waste buying lower QL.

Or, you could sell the armor back into the terminals and get ~75-100% VPs back.

Bumping upgrading for a cost of VPs

I support this great idea.

Sounds good to me too. Bump for that.

Sounds like a good idea, the uselessness of the lower QL's after you buy the higher ones is putting me off from buying the lower ones at all, Bump for this.

Bump for the best idea for Ofab stuff yet
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

This is the only way I can see any sense in buying low level Ofab stuff, so bumb for this idea.

At most, the only reason I'd buy some intermediar level of gear for any of my toons would be for some buffing reason, and that can almost certainly be equaled or bettered by AI armour you can farm/buy/borrow.

If not, it seems like a huge waste spending VP on anything but the end qls of the items you need.

Yes i agree on this one aswell.For a leveling character it isnt worth getting both Ofab armor and weapons but collect untill you can aquire a ql 300 version and on top of that try and get the type upgrades aswell.

Would be a good idea to let atleast the armor level like a Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet for agents. Only you spend VPs to upgrade it in quality and not the credits.

Since Ofab armor is a mix of Tier and Alien armor but imo more Tier alike, make it levelable at a cost

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Bumping upgrading for a cost of VPs
    Bumpo

P.S. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

It ll never happen its done on purpose keep u grinding and busy.If u were to get lvling armor u would have no need do ai mishes except for axp and tokens.Once u got armor that lvls people would start ask questions "is this all le has to offer".

Quote Originally Posted by cybermaya View Post
    It ll never happen its done on purpose keep u grinding and busy.If u were to get lvling armor u would have no need do ai mishes except for axp and tokens.Once u got armor that lvls people would start ask questions "is this all le has to offer".
    It would encourage grinding, actually. If you are intending to level a character to 220, why the heck would you want to grind for QL25, QL75, QL150, QL200 etc armor sets that you will outlevel anyways and have 0 value after that, when you could just grind up to 220, and get the QL300 set without wasting any VPs.
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

If fc would of added more items to collect vps for it would probaly be different. Now if u were to collect vps for armor that lvls u would simply run out of uses for vps and would end up with 999999 eventually with nothing left spend them on.

I definitly support selling back ofab armor to shop for, say 80% of cost.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

The suggestion is that the upgrade would still cost the same amount of vp's minus the cost of the previous ql jump. So you would still need to farm a lot of vp's each time you wanted to upgrade the armor (more and more for each jump).

So if you have ql25 (eg. cost 50) armor and wanted to upgrade it to ql50, and ql50 cost 300, then you would need 250 vp's available to upgrade it which would be spent once it's upgraded. (costs are hypothetical, not ingame to check exactly).

it's actually a very good idea as it lessens the overall cost of Ofab over time but still keeping the grind.

If fc would of added more items to collect vps for it would probaly be different. Now if u were to collect vps for armor that lvls u would simply run out of uses for vps and would end up with 999999 eventually with nothing left spend them on.
    Well for a full set of ql 300 you still need to grind for about 1/2 year if your really that keen, and for more casual people over a year. Now show me someone in their right mind that would buy ql 150, then 175,200,225,250,275,300. That would need over THREE years of grind. As if... people will just still do city raids for AI armor or get the money needed to buy it. Its still much easier to do that, since you can sell it at what you bought it for. No wasted time, and upgrade for only maybe under hunder mill in the end.
    Also not to mention the fact that, say you buy your 150 armor, you will probably be level 210 before you can afford the 200, but by that time you will want ql 250+, so you will just wait for ql 300...

You must factor in that going from ai1-ai30 takes an insane amount of axp and would take enormous amount of ai mishes u would end up with good amount of vps in process.The problem is though fc wants us busy and doubtful pieces of armor will ever drop to lvl where normal person can farm enough vps get them in reasonable amount of time.The prices are most likely set based on formula of how many mishes you would need get be ai30 and since that takes an eternity fc would assume youll have an insane amount of vps to pay the insane inflated prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfnight View Post
    A lot of people are complaining Ofab armor and weapons cost to much VPs and they are pretty much worthless untill ql 300. It _is_ also easier to farm AI armors, and the huge advantage is you can always sell the armor and upgrade to higher QLs.

Now, how about if the armor/weapons could level up?
    So, lets say when you start a new toon, you farm a little VPs and buy your full ql 25 outfit, then as you progress (of corse would be doing AI missions since there not that bad) you would be able to right-click the armor and for the cost of the next ql (ql50) it would cost you the amount needed for the ql 50 minus what you already spent on the ql 25. Even maybe go that far as to have it increase by grades of 1 ql instead of 25.

This would make the armor much more atractive, but still you need to put a lot of effort into it, and it doesn't seem like a waste buying lower QL.

Or, you could sell the armor back into the terminals and get ~75-100% VPs back.
    Bump for an idea I really like !!!!

Not to mention the fact, that if you no longer feel like playing your toon that has a full set, you can't do anything, all the effort you put in is wasted. If you have your AI armor, you can pass it on to your other toons, or you can just park your toon, not delete him, but can pass the armor on for the time being. This is what I do between a few toons. Lower carb, pred and AI armor gets passed around to who i'll be leveling this week/month.

Easiest thing u to do is ignore the armor and pretend it dosnt exist.Since most of ofab stuff is ocrap its not worth getting it begin with.Still if you really want some u could always do BS 24/7 like fc wants us too..

Thats how I think most of the armour pieces will end up. Ignored except that there might be a few from each set that will possibly be used in there ql 300 forms, and maybe a few other things for twinks at various levels(occasionally it's better than AI armour). But I can't see this armour being used for general playing/leveling. Just not worth the trouble.

However, it seems like a shame that FC have added all of this for nothing, so something like that might actually make it usefull...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast