Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Make ofab armor/weapons leveling: good idea?

Make ofab armor/weapons leveling: good idea?

Im noticing as Im leveling up a new agent that with the time it takes to earn VPs and the high cost of weapons and armor, and the fact that they have no resale value means that unless you're a twink for a specific level, it's kinda ql300 or dont bother.
    I remember someone suggested being able to sell back ofab items for VP, but I had another idea.
    Why not make them leveling items, where you need to spend VP to level the item?
    It can still cost the same amount of VP to get a ql300 item, but it would actually give me a reason to earn some victory points below title 7.
    As it stands, it would probably take me about 4 times as long to earn the VP for one single piece of armor than it will take for me to out level it.

Just an idea.

I don't like the idea of Leveling items. Otherwise there would only be QL25 Ofabs since thats all anyone would buy (since they could level it up to 300 if there was no cap.)

I'm in Favor of reselling. Make Victory Point purchases refundable (perhaps 50% since you will get use out of it) and Vet. Points 100% Refundable since they're hard to get, cost RL moneys, and are social in nature.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Resell or levelable, whatever it takes to make the OFAB armor usefull to non-twinks at lower levels. Why spend VP to low QL armor that you'll outgrow in a week, and can't get anything back for the work in getting those said VPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers
    I don't like the idea of Leveling items. Otherwise there would only be QL25 Ofabs since thats all anyone would buy (since they could level it up to 300 if there was no cap.)
    Think you kinda missed the "Why not make them leveling items, where you need to spend VP to level the item?"-part, if the upgrade cost was a bit higher than the actual QL300 armor, no-one would level it up from QL25 to QL300 if it would cost more than buying QL300 right away.
    Last edited by Janat; Jan 8th, 2007 at 09:41:50.
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Janat View Post
    Think you kinda missed the "Why not make them leveling items, where you need to spend VP to level the item?"-part, if the upgrade cost was a bit higher than the actual QL300 armor, no-one would level it up from QL25 to QL300 if it would cost more than buying QL300 right away.
    Did Glance over that.. Thumbs up on that Idea because it gives *every* mission / BS run a puspose.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hmm, what does this do...

Thumbs up

Best idea on this I've seen so far.

Yes to leveling ofabs with a VP cost.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Bump for good idea
    Before you go asking, "Who the hell are you?"

I'm an agent! I'd be pretty annoyed if you knew who I was!

I had this idea too, and just have to bump this! :P

It works with the Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet for agents, withdrawing credits everytime you upgrade it, so why not make the armors withdraw VP's when you rightclick the ofab?

Just looking at, for example, an ofab body armor, costing 12000 VP at ql300.
    That would mean 40 VP to increase the ql by one, could work quite well. But would the upgrade cost increase when you add Bio-clumps to the armor? Either way, adding a bio clump shouldnt remove the leveling ability of the armor imho.
    General of Ascension
    Daria "Willoisa" Zyrustine 220/20/52

Good idea! When you want to level it you go farm a few Vp's and gain some ai levels at the same time. Spreads the annoying grind a bit. Now it's level to 220 -> farm 18k vp's for gun. Then it would be: level to 50: grind 2k vp's, level to 100 : farm 2k vp's-> NICE!!

It's a great idea, I think it should level to the ql you can buy it from the store, then once it's there you need to spend vps to level it past that point and so forth.

I think its a good idea also. I do believe that in the long run, it should definitaly cost more to start at a lower QL and upgrade to QL XXX then to just get XXX. This way there is also essentially an 'extra cost' for getting 'more than one set' even though you are really just leveling them.

Decent idea, but I imagine I'll still wait until I can get QL 300 on to bother farming VPs...and who knows, maybe between now and then I'll come across a few billion creds and just get some AI Armor!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Pay as you go ofab? That is an awesome idea.

KDawg, get a job at FC.

thumbs up for any idea like this!
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Great idea Bump

great idea, nice to be able to use the new weapons at lower levels, without having to farm all the vp points to get the QL300. then when you want the better one, get some more vps and upgrade it.

I hope the devs are watching...

Thumbs up

Yes, the analogy to the balaclava is good and the idea is great! Perhaps the cost of leveling the armor could be ever so slightly bigger than just buying the highest ql (I had some sort of reasoning for this but it escapes me right now).

As things currently stand, there's no way I'm getting any OFAB gear until I can get the ql300s on. This suggestion would actually bring the new content to my reach and make the urge to grind pen/inf mishes go away and let me enjoy a slow leveling process more.

gratz on an awesome idea..... sucks that i wanna get ofab gear for 3 of my toons but is only worth it atm to get stuff for 1........ FC please note this uber idea and pause for consideration.
    Bladeknight - 220 Trox Keeper (Main and Chief Farmer) ~~ Whitepaladin - 171 Trox Meta-Physicist (Very Old Toon, Reborn)
    Bladescrat - 220 NanoMage Bureaucrat (Farming Assist) ~~ Silvafang - 150 Solitus Adventurer (Sec 10 Wannabe)
    Bladesdoc - 220 Solitus Doctor (Raid Helper) ~~ Forsake - 133 Opi Agent (FP Buff Monkey)
    Bladeskiller - 202 Solitus Engineer (TS Monkey)

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    and you wear girl pants.

I guess you don't understand that most, probably 80%+ also have tl7's. go back to slamming your GTH button and strokin your fakepeen while playing "wheel of fortune pvp"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast