Thread: Shadowbreed

Shadowbreed

I was recently talking to an org member about how I could equip/unequip a scope remotely and without outside buffs. He mentioned Shadowbreed, and I noticed that the Opifex Shadowbreed provided 2k perception which is more than enough. But since I am a lowbie and nowhere near 205 I don't know how shadowbreed actually works.

Could someone please explain how shadowbreed works (with reference to the scope)?

Lastly, if Shadowbreed would allow me to equip/unequip my scope would it be too much of a hassle? e.g. I would have to take armor on and off etc etc

team up with a clan soltus and get him to fire his SB, then u get 1k perception and can equip your scope
    RK 3 <- sorry for my english
    Prince " Johnwayne" Kirklin 220/30 Opifex ranged Adventurer
    Zixmeister "Johnywayne" 220/30 Trox Melee Adventurer

Account Status *open* <-transfer inc.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=215314 the Opifex Omni SB?

Gather Light is Neutral Opifex Shadowbreed 2 which can only be uploaded at 210+ and they effects are self-only.

Since OP said he is a lowbie and cannot upload any SB, regardless which faction he is, the only way is what Johnwayne suggested. Team with Clan Solitus and have the SB cast.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Axela View Post
    Gather Light is Neutral Opifex Shadowbreed 2 which can only be uploaded at 205+ and they effects are self-only.
    Fixed. There isn't any level req on SB beyond lvl 205 these days. It was borked earlier and then taken out.

Thanks for the info, that's what I needed to know. I wasn't really thinking about a scope now, I was just making sure I picked the right breed for when I will be able to use SB. Looks my doc is going to be neutral!

Quote Originally Posted by Solostron View Post
    Thanks for the info, that's what I needed to know. I wasn't really thinking about a scope now, I was just making sure I picked the right breed for when I will be able to use SB. Looks my doc is going to be neutral!
    Neutral SB1=Omni SB1
    Neutral SB2=Clan SB1
    Neutral SB3=Omni SB2
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

And Neutral Opifex SB's are by far the weakest of the bunch, I would say.

I wouldn't pick a breed just for the SB to equip a scope - there are lots of other ways to raise perception, the easiest of which has already been mentioned.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Agreed. The Omni Opi SB isn't all that impressive to start with, and going with a certain breed just for something you can use for 30 sec once every 6 hours might be a little limiting.

Take the good advice

Basing Side/Breed decisions based on shadowbreed is a really bad idea.

(btw, Omni Solitus SB3 is awesome )

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Take the good advice

Basing Side/Breed decisions based on shadowbreed is a really bad idea.

(btw, Omni Solitus SB3 is awesome )
    If you're an engineer who wants an easy pvp title, then Omni Soli is the only way to go :P
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I'm not sure if everything said above is crystal clear to you; it all makes sense to me but then I already know how it works. So I'm gonna sum up real quickly and simply:

YOUR breed doesn't matter at all in terms of experiencing the effects of a SB.

Example:
    I am a soli, and used my SB three days ago so an opi MA could get his scope on.

My advice: Roll the breed that will be the most effective DOC (wtf is a doc basing its whole setup on a crit scope for? you're a doc, not a damage dealer), and then when the time comes, ask any Solitus you see to pop his/her SB for you.
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Quote Originally Posted by dellinda View Post
    and then when the time comes, ask any Solitus you see to pop his/her SB for you.
    any *clan* solitus

(weird...why does it put dellinda up when i quote you? change ur name recently? )
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

I didn't read the other posts that thoroughly, but:

You don't have to be teamed to give out the clan solitus SB to another person. However, the range is *very* small, so as long as you're basically very close/on top of the person with the SB, you'll receive the 1k perception.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboy1337 View Post
    I didn't read the other posts that thoroughly, but:

You don't have to be teamed to give out the clan solitus SB to another clanner. you DO have to be teamed to receive this as an omni
    fixed
    Pawsofury - 220/70/16 Adv
    Dont suffer from insanity..enjoy it

1 out of 4 people in this country are mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem ok, Then your the one.

I think I'll hijack this thread a little:

Does the Gather Light SB work for anyone?
    According to description it should buff perception. According to auno, it should buff perception by 2000. Ingame, it does nothing.

I have 218 clan opifex and I thought that I could switch spirit helper and scope without any outside help. Looks like I'll have to find adventurer (or solitus with sb on timer).

Works fine for me.

It doesn't last long, tho. Swap that scope fast.
    Yes, we have no signature today!

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonumCopy View Post
    Works fine for me.
    It doesn't last long, tho. Swap that scope fast.
    I'll try with clean NCU next time and watch for icon.