Thread: Newland Council Press Release: The end of a threat

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Newland Council Press Release: The end of a threat

The end of a threat
    January 15, 29481 - [Atlantean]

Newland Council - At 01:00 Galactic Mean Time (GMT) on January 15, a company of Neutral citizens were transported to the supposed location of the Nanomage Legion’s headquarters to end the threat this terrorist organization posed to the City of Newland.

Using information gleaned from previous attacks on the city by the Legion and a homing device, the Newland City Council was able to pinpoint the location of the group's current base of operations in the Outzone. Using this information, some transport beacons, and the assistance of two members of a local mercenary group, the force was able to teleport directly into the base.

Upon entering the base the force met with fierce resistance from members of the terrorist organization as well as crazed wildlife trapped there as experimental subjects. The members of the Legion all refused surrender and instead fought the assault force to the death. After taking control of an auxiliary computer room, the force moved into the inner sanctum where they faced down the leader of the organization, the Imperator, also known as Volcatius. In an effort similar to what they faced before, the guardians refused to surrender and fought the Neutrals to their deaths. During the battle a Kyr'Ozch of the Master Sergeant Class was released and promptly dispatched by the Neutral force well skilled in combat with the aliens.

In the last moments of the battle the Cyberdeck of the Imperator was damaged by gun fire and he was unmasked as Nofsinger. General Hekkat arrested Nofsinger to bring him back to Newland City for questioning, but the former leader refused to be take by “lesser beings” and swallowed a pill containing a nanobot-contagion before the attack. This contagion critically weakened Nofsinger before medical technicians at the scene could intervene, leading to his death before the team left the compound.

With the forces dispatched, the leaders of the team removed the Data Cores pertaining to the Legion’s activities and research from the computers to be brought back to Newland for examination. The physical remains of the experiments suggest that the Legion was heavily researching the Xeno-Biology of the Kyr'Ozch.

After setting demolition charges and activating a previously unknown self-destruct mechanism, the team left the complex using the Legion’s transporters. The destruction of the facility was later confirmed using aerial reconnaissance drones.

Zephrem King, Mayor of Newland City was later quoted saying, “This is a proud day for Neutrals, we have single handedly rid the planet of one of its evils.”

Unfortunately, none of the Omni-Tek children who had been reported missing, were found in the compound. The Newland City Council gives its condolences to the parents of the missing children.

The assault team was led by the Minister of Defense, Vincent “Boltgun” Delage; Minister of Science, Shamps “Renjori” Beefhart; and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Angel “Berael” Wolf, using the tactical objectives provided by General Hekkat of the Newland City Militia

Unfortunately, none of the Omni-Tek children who had been reported missing, were found in the compound. The Newland City Council gives its condolences to the parents of the missing children.
    And to think we made an effort to rescue Clan children...

Still good news, now if only we can get rid of the Dusters

All the children are in the hands of Omni-tek and have not been released. This has been confirmed by multple OT personell with access to the board room.

And i can assure you despite the public reports this was NOT done single handedly as neutrals.

((

January 15, 29481 - [Atlantean]
    It was done by neutrals alone on RK1.

The Rimor report, and events, are slightly different as noted Here

))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

. . . . .

May you all face the consequences of your actions against the nanomage people...
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

OMG i thougth neuts r neuts ,now there nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_ View Post
    May you all face the consequences of your actions against the nanomage people...
    Consequences being Newland citizens able to sleep now ?
    I'm pleased to see that neutrals are reliable to defend themselves, many answered the call and that included all human breeds. May you like it or not.

Let this be a word of warning to anyone who think about sending us death threats. We're capable and equipped, anyone thinking that we can be wiped off the planet or bossed around will get what it is to fight neutrals.
    You tought that you could attack and take what you want without any fear of getting slapped back ? If you were thinking that look at what happenned to The Legion. And that's not because I have guns and anger, it's because I'm not alone.

PS: If you still think that, please start weird experience on aliens and stuff. It makes us look even better.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Congratulations. Now if you could go after NLF with the same enthusiasm, we would be glad to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Zephrem King, Mayor of Newland City was later quoted saying, “This is a proud day for Neutrals, we have single handedly rid the planet of one of its evils.”
    This is hardly true. The Legion has been under considerable pressure from Omni-Tek forces for several months. They were bound to slip up someday.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

This was a great victory for the Neutrals.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    This is hardly true. The Legion has been under considerable pressure from Omni-Tek forces for several months. They were bound to slip up someday.
    In a certain far off planet there existed a lush and flourishing jungle full of many different kinds of animals. In this jungle, no animal was more powerful then the mighty lion. Great and proud, the lion had flourished as the king of the jungle and ruled over all other animals, if not directly, then through fear of their mighty retribution. No one doubted the lion's power, but many had wonder if it truly had a double share of wisdom to match its mighty strength. Of these animals the jackle was the most clever and had hid from the lion for a long time, through tactics and evasion. Due to the definace of the jackle, the lion often sought them out to punish them and make their rule over all animals in the jungle complete.

One day though, a new animal came to the jungle: the malicious and serpentine viper. The viper was unlike many of the other animals in the jungle, and they knew not where it drew its great and deadly power for it being so small, so unlike the great and mighty lion or the quick and clever jackle. The viper came swifty and struck at many animals, including the lion and the jackle.

The jackle, prideful for its play with the noble lion, was taken by surprise by the viper and was bitten on his leg. The jackle would not let this enemy stand, so it went to the small hole the viper built its home in and start to dig to pry the viper out so he could crush it. When the Jackle dug though, the viper would come out and strike. Once and Twice the jackle was struck by the viper but never a third time as the jackle was clever and learned the trick of the viper and could jump away from its burrow. This helped the jackle dig no deeper though and the jackle moved away to watch the hole and wait for the viper to come out again.

The lion watched the jackle and laughed at his clever play, but at his ultimate failure to catch and kill the viper. The lion could not allow the viper to be so rebelious though, for two rebels was far too many, and those beasts of the forest were used to the games of the jackle and thus largely blind to them. The lion then approuched the viper's den and started to dig as well. Once again the viper lashed out and struck the lion. The lion, in his pride and power hardly noticed the attacks, so the viper dug still deeper into the ground. As great as the lion was, the lion could not understand how the viper still evaded his wrath.

One more animal of the jungle watched this scene, the little mongoose. The mongoose was not a powerful and noble animal, nor an exceptionaly clever animal, but he did have courage. The mongoose was also struck by the viper and its wounds stung, and he could hear the cries of the other animals that had been struck by the viper. After seeing the lion and jackle fail to catch the viper, the mongoose was unsure how he would be able to face the might viper. He felt he must try though, that or be struck again and again till his death. So the mongoose approuched the den of the viper.

"Little mongoose," said the lion, "you are not as powerful as I, the ruler of this jungle, and yet you seek to face the villinous viper?"

"I do," replied the mongoose, "the only other choice is death. If the Viper is allowed to continue to strike. I am not as powerful as you, oh great lion, nor am I able to take his bite so casualy."

The lion laughed at this and turned back to the hole of the viper, "try as you will then, I give you my leave as lord of this forest."

The jackle grinned, saying to the mongoose, "little mongoose, how can you hope to face the viper when you are so small and not nearly as clever as I am. You will no be able to avoid the strike of the viper and you will surely die."

"I must," replied the mongoose, "for I would rather die by my own actions then by those of the viper."

The jackle nodded, understanding the words of the mongoose, "try as you must then, but I will wait for the viper to make a false move, and then he will be mine."

The mongoose left the lion and the jackle and went down into the den of the viper. The size of the hole, that was so daunting for the lion and the jackle was just right for the little mongoose and he soon chased down the viper to his burrow. The viper tried to burrow away from the mongoose but he was pursued more quickly then he could dig.

Summoning his courage the mongoose pursued the viper and sought his blood for the damage he inflicted. The viper struck the mongoose once and twice, but not before the mongoose wraped his teeth around the head of the viper.

"Leave this jungle," the mongoose said to the viper, "and I will spare your life. You are an animal like me so you may live as you will, but I will not allow you to kill me."

The viper laughed, "little mongoose, you are so much less then the mighty lion or the clever jackle, and even they cannot best me. I will never surrender to you and your lesser power. I will rule this jungle."

With that the viper struggled to break the mongoose once again, but the mongoose seized the moment and tore off the head of the viper, and the viper died. The mongoose was hurt but took the head back to the surface to show the lion and the jackle, to show them the threat of the viper was over and life could continue on.

When the mongoose showed the head to the lion and the jackle though, they looked on him with disdain.

"You may have killed the viper," the jackle said calmly while laying in the heat of the day, "but I would have never suffered as you did at his bite because I am clever."

The lion also nodded solemly beside the hole he had dug in the ground while pursuing the viper, saying, "I had been pursuing the viper all day, this surely must have tired him. It was only a matter of time till he died."
    Last edited by Berael; Jan 19th, 2007 at 03:02:37.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

((Heh, that was great. The lion was the hero! ))

Yea thank you Omni Tek, your serie of failures against them sure helped.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Very nicely done, and a heartfelt thanks for removing the latest bunch of loonies from our planet. Congratulations, Neutrals.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Yea thank you Omni Tek, your serie of failures against them sure helped.
    Thank you. Perhaps in this favourable light and good feelings amongst us all, we can call for a joint effort against the terrorism? Your nearest Omni-Pol representative is close to Borealis.
    Last edited by Virta; Jan 20th, 2007 at 00:45:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    Thank you. Perhaps in this favourable light and good feelings amongst us all, we can call for a joint effort against the terrorism? Your nearest Omni-Pol representative is close to Borealis.
    Joint effort against what is moving against all of us, be it invading aliens, murderous fools or a rising population of rollerat, is something I'd like to discuss further.
    But for now that my nearest Omni Pol rep is in Borealis... That is something that bother me. But let's keep that story for another day, I'll end up being jobless if we do everything at once.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Not sure thats a bad thing, mew.

If you put yourself out of a job (ie all the fights are over) you can sit back and drink those little mewmew drinks with the umbrellas.

But then we wouldn't get to see your smiling face anymore, and that would make us sad.

Isn't it always nice there is no survivors? and its the survivors who write the history how they saw it? It's curious isn't it? He killed himself so as not to be taken...fair enough. So what about the rest of them? anyone even try to take them alive? capture, hold them?

Or were the heroes going for nothing more than a killing spree, and as such lowering themselves to levels of there pray. No longer the victims yet now just tools for a violent nature themselves.

In such, who are the evil ones? Those who do not try to find a better way, or those who lower there own values to others they see as evil?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

As was reported, and as I saw first hand, the Nanomage Legion members refused to surrender when ordered to and instead declaired they would fight to the death for their immortal lord... who turned out to be not so immortal.

If you don't believe a mew, then check the old news files and people who were at the assaults on newland. This behavior is totaly consistent with the behavior reported in the past for all the Legion's flunkies.

I would have killed them all painfully, burn their base and display their heads. But no, you neutrals have a strange effect on me.

Even when their lord were at our mercy, nobody killed him. Anyone could jump on him and finish him but instead everyone let Hekkat arrest him so we could bring back to the Newland prison.
    He died when we were bringing him back. Much to my disapointment, I don't believe another group would be able to take prisoners when they are free to kill.

Really Nyadach, if we're evil we somehow ended amongst the less evil ones. Toog seems to have a strict sense of ethics, to my standards, but I'll trust him as long as it works.
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S