Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Catalog of Suggestions

Updated Catalog of Suggestions

This thread is intended to collect and organize some of the most popular or innovative suggestions that have been posted throughout the history of the Game Suggestions forum. This version is a complete rewrite of the original thread, but the goals are much the same. If you've got an idea, check here and see if someone else has had a similar idea, and you can comment or improve upon theirs, or see the feedback that others have had. I also hope that this list can be a valuable resource to Funcom when evaluating which projects they want to pursue, and ideas the players have had about those projects. I'm also hoping that having this list will encourage players to propose new and original solutions, rather than just complaining about problems they see.

One major change from previous versions of this thread is that I'm going to try to capture some of the long running non-profession specific bugs that we've seen in AO. I think Funcom's performance in the last few patches shows that they're committed to fixing the bugs in the system in addition to giving us awesome new content. I'm not going to try to have an exhaustive list of the bugs, but keep a top 10 or 15 listed here. This is a bit experimental, so I may pull it out if it's not working. As always, you shouldn't treat forum posts as an alternative to bug reports, if you think you've found a new bug you should mail to bugs@anarchy-online.com.

The last thing I've added with this rewrite is a final section titled "Great Intern Projects!". I'm a software engineer, and at least here in the US, we have a long and glorious tradition of bringing in college students over the summer for internships. This year I hosted an intern and had a fair bit of trouble coming up with an interesting end-to-end project that would let my intern touch the full stack of components in the system, but still be limited enough to be doable over a 3 month period. I've tried to capture a list of a few of the suggestions that I think (given my obviously limited knowledge of the game code) would make great intern projects.

As always, profession specific issues should be addressed in those professions' forums. Also feel free to e-mail ideas to feedback@anarchy-online.com.

Thanks, and enjoy!
    Arrien

Funcom's record: (changes prior to 17.7 have moved to a post below the current suggestions)

18.0 incorporations: Legacy of the Xan booster

17.10 incorporations:

17.9 incorporations:

17.8 incorporations:
    Last edited by Arrien; Feb 27th, 2009 at 17:46:37. Reason: Updating for the 18.0 booster pack

PvP specific ideas:

UI Changes!

Game mechanics changes:
    Last edited by Arrien; Feb 27th, 2009 at 17:46:21. Reason: Incorporating 18.0 suggestions

Aliens!

Dust Brigades!
    • Existing quest ideas/issues
    • Existing instances
    • Ideas for future DB content

Old School RK!

Shadowlands!
    Last edited by Arrien; Jul 11th, 2008 at 14:30:39. Reason: Major rewrite post 17.9

Really old, annoying bugs: (work in progress)
    • Pen patterns have same loot table spot as fragments of the source
    • City advantages code randomly disabled: Make city advantages code always ON
    • Player sometimes has to zone after trading an item
    • Team invites can result in broken teams
    • Teams don't end up in the same Inner Sanctum instance

Great intern projects!
    Last edited by Arrien; Feb 27th, 2009 at 17:43:42. Reason: Major rewrite post 17.9

Funcom's record:

16.* patch series and before:

17.0* series (Lost Eden):

17.1 incorporations:

17.2 incorporations:

17.3 incorporations:

17.4 incorporations:

17.5 incorporations:

17.6 incorporations:

17.7 incorporations:
    • Mid-level quests for level 60-120 characters
    • Revitalize Shop Fodder Weapons
    • Ammo buyable in 50k stacks
    • New shoulderpad display options
    • Expansions to various nano lines
    Last edited by Arrien; Jul 10th, 2008 at 22:39:07. Reason: Major rewrite of the game suggestions thread

Nice work.

stiggy maybe? :P
    Last edited by Famine; Feb 6th, 2007 at 05:43:51.

WTB sticky.. good work
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

updated w/ 17.2 inclusions.

That's a lot of stuff!
    and a great list.

Funcom, Hire this guy!!
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Nice work Arrien

bump for sticky.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

updated again.

2 years ago the "Catalogue of Suggestions" was last updated.

R.I.P.

add "nerf nt" in general in there, i.e. someone under ams shouldnt die in 1 hit from a god damn nt
    /surferbum
    /misterman

Stickied.

Please remember that these catalogs are updated by the players who started them not the ARKs so if the original poster stops posting updates it will not be updated.

Original Catalog can be found Here
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Feb 2nd, 2007 at 16:26:26. Reason: Added link to old thread
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Thanks Bekrowe

and keep up the good work Arrien

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Very nice Arri....

Could you put my suggestion to add Brawl to the Underground Doctor LE-perkline in there please?

And all the useless suggestions I made, like giant squid that roam around Ado :P
    I made a reference to a fictional extra-terrestrial hive-mind race of beings collectively called Grthulox, and you need an indication that I'm not being completely serious?

[Infferno]: btw u are girl in rl or something ? To [Infferno]: nope To [Infferno]: 21 yo m [Infferno]: oki :> To [Infferno]: why? To [Infferno]: you wants cyb0rz? [Infferno]: stfu lol

Get to know the real Healyhatman at Healy's MySpace! Leave a comment!
    See the Healy the Atheist at The Enlightenment of the Healy - my Atheist Blog.

Excellent work arrien

And a good ole 'w00t' for bekrowe makin it a sticky
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

added bow buffs to the list of suggestions incorporated in 17.1.

Please let me know if there are other additions to 17.1 that I need to reflect in this post.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast