Thread: C++ Runtime Error

C++ Runtime Error

I'm getting a "Visual C++ Runtime Error" when i try to launch the AO client. The target program is "anarchy.exe".

I logged in without problem a few hours ago. I still can log into Testlive without any trouble at all. Of course, i haven't changed anything in my config since last i played AO.

Does anyone know how i can fix it? I suppose anarchy.exe got corrupted one way or another, and i'd like to modify back the testlive client to a regular AO client, in order to avoid a complete reinstall (which, frankly, is a pain in the a** to do)

Thx for your answers!
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Don´t think you can convert the test-client back to live-client. Tried to repair the install with AORepair.exe? Move the anarchy.exe to another folder first.. When that doesn´t help i would just download the client again(Version 17.1.1 is on the fc ftp).
    Derroylo - 220/23 Nano-Technician Equipment

General of Shadow Ops

Need a new Bot? Try out Budabot

Just got a new Vista machine and have the identical problem.

Did anyone else run across this and have any tips?

Thanks

Saw
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Just had this same problem, searched everywhere for how to fix it and apparently derrolyo is the only one on the web who knows how to fix it, so thx bud

yea i got the same error today all of a sudden. but the aocrepair wont work. ..

Cool

I had a similar bug about a year back that every time I'd log on a window client I would get this popping up and the client would crash.

Searched Microsoft forums for info.. but as usual. Microsoft sucks eggs and didn't give me an answer. I just removed the program Microsoft Visual C++ and it works fine.. no problems since.

Even with my college using an older version of Visual C++ there are no more problems. Guess Microsoft has another hole to fix...
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    I had a similar bug about a year back that every time I'd log on a window client I would get this popping up and the client would crash.

Searched Microsoft forums for info.. but as usual. Microsoft sucks eggs and didn't give me an answer. I just removed the program Microsoft Visual C++ and it works fine.. no problems since.

Even with my college using an older version of Visual C++ there are no more problems. Guess Microsoft has another hole to fix...
    +1 for clueless Microsoft bashing.

How is FC making bugs Microsoft's fault?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

If this is happening on Vista computers, don't install AO or any games into the program files directory - it handles things there differently.

Had trouble with both AO and the Sims 2 from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG