Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doc LE Helm

Doc LE Helm

This is a copy of an old thread that I made in LE discussion. I wanna see how doctors feel about this...
    ---
    Is it just me, or is the Special Edition Ofab Doctor Helmet the only helmet that does not have the Penultimate skin? Is this intended or a bug? Every over Special Edition Helmet has the Penultimate skin I believe.

The Penultimate Docter helmet is cooler looking than the Special Edition version.
    ---
    I still want this changed but sometimes requests fall on deaf ears. Oh well lets see that doctors think.

-Update- Now with more pictures!!!
    Original Doc SE helm: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...b/scrn0131.png
    The Penultimate skin: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...b/scrn0125.png

Why were doctors the only ones who did not get the right SE skin for their helmet?
    Last edited by elfroobo; May 21st, 2007 at 19:55:52. Reason: Added pics!

havent seen the penultimate helmet, but i'd bump for any change to that horrible looking helmet

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Bah, I thought I had a screenshot of it. The best example I can show is using aomainframe links and comparing the helmet icons.

Normal helmet:
    http://www.aomainframe.info/equipcon...et=Ofab+Doctor
    Penultimate Helmet:
    http://www.aomainframe.info/equipcon...te+Ofab+Doctor

Its annoying how docs are the only ones without the final skin. This has to be a bug.

P.S. The docter helmets look like they are so sad.

tbh i think the helmet as it is looks better then the pentulate even uglier helmet but they are both ugly make it look like omni med battle armor
    Hacked

Bump for graphic change

And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Olabil View Post
    Bump for graphic change
    Ditto!
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

bump and change the stam req to 1045 so we can hotswamp like the other profs!

Quote Originally Posted by TsOrb View Post

bump for req change.. wouldnt mind change on design either, but lowering requirements should take them 2 seconds.

who`s idea was it to put 1100 stamina req on it anyways as if its a common good amoungst docs =P have to twink into it.. sure i got alot of stamina, but 1100 o.O

Requirements are fine, they match our chosen. Im just glad its not harder to get on

Bump for gfx change

And many other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Olabil View Post
    Requirements are fine, they match our chosen. Im just glad its not harder to get on

Bump for gfx change
    not hard - but cant hotswamp the ugly thing! :-p

nearly all other other profs got 1045 req. Why not docs x,x

Quote Originally Posted by TsOrb View Post
    nearly all other other profs got 1045 req. Why not docs x,x
    Weird, what's the deal with Enforcers, Keepers, Soldiers and Docs? All four classes have stamina as the primary ability needed and they're the only classes that need 1100 and not 1045.

Please dont go there... It was not difficult to get 1100 stamina at all. I got it on at 212 with no towers, no phats. Only thing I had to do other than reperk and tip for buffs was find a FRIEND to borrow a Pillpack.. Given a bottomless bank, and towers it could be on at 210 I believe.

I must be reading too much into this and since I only play neut toons I haven't really noticed that tier armors are set up similarly but:

Advy, agility and strength
    Agent, agility and sense
    Crat, intel and psychic
    Enfo, stamina and strength
    Engy, intel and psychic
    Fixer, agility and sense
    Keeper, stamina and strength
    MA, agility and strength
    MP, intel and psychic
    NT, intel and psychic
    Shade, agility and sense
    Soldier, stamina and strength
    Trader, intel and psychic

And doc?

stamina and psychic...

On the whole these requirements almost seem to be class defining. Every class that needs stamina also needs strength and every class that needs intel also needs psychic... except docs. I sort of understand how stamina defines docs except our "stamina" comes by way of healing. It's something we do, not something we are.

Not that it matters because I just need behe to put it back on but it's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by elfroobo View Post
    P.S. The docter helmets look like they are so sad.
    that's an emo face and i think Avon said he modeled for it .
    Turant

"For 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, my colleagues and I are killing monsters," said a 14-year-old gamer who works here in this makeshift factory and goes by the online code name Xyboc. "I make about $250 a month, which is pretty good compared with the other jobs I've had. And I can play games all day."

The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternavita View Post
    And doc?

stamina and psychic...

On the whole these requirements almost seem to be class defining. Every class that needs stamina also needs strength and every class that needs intel also needs psychic... except docs. I sort of understand how stamina defines docs except our "stamina" comes by way of healing. It's something we do, not something we are.

Not that it matters because I just need behe to put it back on but it's odd.
    One of the small things I like about my nanomage doc. Equipping tier3 shoulders and ql300 ofab is like falling out of bed.

Retired Doc Professional
    this whole discussion of stamina makes my little opi ears bleed just a little bit. specially with all these new things that add to agi/sense whatever, almost makes me wish i went soli.

but its fun to be different i guess.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I love the way our tier/ofab require sta/psy
    our symbs require agi/sense
    our ofab helm buffs int
    and the only good tier piece buffs str

Quote Originally Posted by Turant View Post
    that's an emo face and i think Avon said he modeled for it .
    roflmao
    yeah I wonder why some profs got other reqs than others 1100vs1045
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    I love the way our tier/ofab require sta/psy
    our symbs require agi/sense
    our ofab helm buffs int
    and the only good tier piece buffs str
    LOL
    Now there's something to think about

Bump for the mesh change! I know several docs that don't use the SE version solely because of the looks, I think if it had the penultimate look it'd be alot more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by TsOrb
    Atm I use just 3 items: star, pill pac, and merlin chest to hotswap pads and new ring. Have freak strength trained too but that 20 should be easy to find elsewhere. So I wouldn't say it's a big problem :]

Problem for opi's and people that use evade leg implants, but sacrifices must be made to benefit in other area's. AO isn't about having your cake _and_ eating it
    Bam! "DannyDoc" YourHealed - Omni Soli Doc (220/27/70) - PvM Setups: HP/Defense Dmg/Offense
    General of Corporate Justice - RK1

<3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast