Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA on level 7 doc "IronCircle"

GTA on level 7 doc "IronCircle"

Ok, I’m not sure if this is all that noteworthy or impressive, but I’ll post it just for fun anyway, in case anyone finds any of these ideas helpful.

I recently sold my soul for a pair of Polychromatic Pillows and figured I’d try to break my previous record for how low I could get GTA on a little twink. I already have a lvl 10 Trader with GTA and figured I’d try to do it at lvl 9. When I was choosing which profession to twink, I settled on Atrox Doctor as I also wanted to try to get Cure For Baldness on at a low level. I was quite pleased to discover that Cure for Baldness adds a fair bit of Stamina and Treatment. With that new information, I ran some numbers for level 8 and upgraded the plan to attempting a lvl 8 GTA twink. I had him almost ready to start camping for GTA and then discovered LE personal research, and another bit of Stamina from that. I then started all over again and this time aimed for GTA at level 7. This little guy- IronCircle, is the final result of that .

Final setup- http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=71126.

Here are some videos/screenshots of him. The video is pretty blurry, but gets slightly better in the second half. Sorry- couldn’t get it much clearer. I do alright at twinking, but not so good with video editing . You can kinda read the text if you go to full screen mode .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_Ay4qfq0EQ

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...=scrn0563b.jpg

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=scrn0629.jpg

http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...=scrn0577b.jpg

That last picture is with my lvl 10 trader in the background.

All said and done he has 1028 health and 546 max nano self (with the little doctor health buffs he can cast). He ended up getting pretty crazy with implants. He has a few 93s and several others down to mid 70s for the agility based imps. I managed to get GTA on hitting Strength exactly and having one extra point of Stamina- (with one more point of leeway each if I had to twink on another 40ish Nova Dillon Sleeve instead of the QL11 I had on). He has a 4x belt and 126 ncu, temple shoulder pads, Ofab Shark Mk4 (not going to go Full Auto- would put the gun OE and too many conflicts with nano skills- but he is implanted for Fling Shot if I get a Carbine in the right level).

To get enough strength/stamina for GTA he needed: QL80 to QL90ish implants, Touch of the Gripper, Solid-Steel Hydraulic Legwear (Nodda Greg quest), Cure For Baldness, 5 pieces of 35ish Nova Dillon Armor (minus one which was QL11), a couple of filigree rings, Behemoth, IC, Attribute boosts, and Polychromatic Pillows.

As for doing it at lvl 6- that might be possible. You’d lose three points each of str/stam and I don’t know how much you can make up with a city/tower/org contract/whatever benefit at this level.

People most often ask about Cure for Baldness and how I got it on at this level. Mostly got tips from this thread.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...e+for+baldness

With all this he didn’t even have to spend any IP on pharmatech. And I do have to say- a Trox in a bunny suit is a sight you won’t forget .

As for how useful he is- he wouldn’t be much use at towers, even level 10ish ones. He hits ok on mobs with bursts up to 300ish, but doesn’t do enough damage to OD any HoTs whatsoever, and his heals aren’t much use in a world of HnQ.

I haven’t pvped a whole lot, but the only one he’s lost to is my own lvl 10 pump trader. That wasn’t even close. Even with an init debuff on my trader the doc got drained down to his lowest heal and started hitting for 12s. My trader basically ignored the init debuff (TIM scope and viral compiler) without much effect and kept on draining/shooting as usual and it was over pretty quick. So, I think his biggest/only real competition in a self buffed duel will be traders. (but that’s pretty much the story for most pvp at this level )

The single best thing this guy is good at is provoking conversation. I’ve had all kinds of reactions to this guy walking around Rome/Borealis. The most common reaction, if I may paraphrase, is “Holy XXXX”. There have been variations on that such as “Holy flying xxxxtwisters” and “Holy muther xxxxxx”.

I’ve had the complete opposite as well such as

[XXX]: You think it’s possible to twink GTA on a lvl 5
    To:[XXX]: No, but I just got it on a lvl 7 doc .
    [XXX]: I’d have to see to believe it
    To:[XXX]: NP, he’s out by the shuttle with yellow cushions… just farming armor
    [XXX]: In a mish atm, will look ina min
    [XXX]: That’s a Trox though. I’m talking about Solitus.
    [XXX]: I might make a lvl 7 doc twink
    [XXX]: Atrox- so I can have GTA

He’s obviously not impressed….

Here’s a conversation in the temple while on a lvl 60 twink alt helping out a friend with some loot. He starts this off while talking to another couple guys camping GTA.

My Teammate: not to mention this guy has a fricken lvl 7 doc with gta >.> <.<
    XXXX: lol gta at low lvls aint hard if u know wut ur doin
    Me: lvl 7 isn't easy
    XXXX: its not easy but not too hard
    Me: haha, ok, you let me know if you see another one around.

Yea, it’s easy- can’t turn around these days without tripping over another lvl 7 wearing GTA ...

Here’s my personal favourite quote- after hanging out in Borealis a bit, a lvl 5 doc and I did a quick pvp to 25%. After chatting a bit he says-

xxxxx: if i was as twinked as u id be pretty good

Hard to argue with that…

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Here’s my personal favourite quote- after hanging out in Borealis a bit, a lvl 5 doc and I did a quick pvp to 25%. After chatting a bit he says-

xxxxx: if i was as twinked as u id be pretty good

Hard to argue with that…
    Sweet quote, lol

And gj on the gta

i still can't believe you twinked that much

edit: i don't know whether to be sad or happy you posted what i said tho
    Last edited by twinkcrat; May 26th, 2007 at 23:14:43.
    my sig r kewlr den yurz lawl ktxhbai

grats man, i'd imagine it be pretty hard

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Very nice

I think I'd have looked into this for the NCU though:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=156694&ql=75
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quite impressive

Post your doc in the picture thread, he is looking much better than some of the 220's around :-)

Gz. I would probably have just given up and leveled trying to put GTA on a level 7.
    Very nice, again!
    Lex Talionis
    Love Antikrysler Larp
    220 Doccie
    setup kekeke

Slinky Klieo Twinny
    217 opisex hatechild

First to solo Mononokehime and Berinda at the same time! Hard solo, but so worth it!
    R.I.P. Breyers.
    You are loved and you will never be forgotten.

I hate low lvl twinking but thats crazy.
    gratz!
    Zenevan2 - 220/30/70 agent

Retired Doc Professional
    I wanna say 2 things to this:

first of all, grats. its definately an accomplishment.

but i never understood the hype over GTA. its got barely better AC's than an exarch robe, with losing root/snare resist, and gaining a whole heck of a lot of camping time. am i missing something? or is it just obligatory that all tl 2/3 twinks look phat over actually using gear thats more useful?

that being said, if you can get it on sub-21 (exarch level cap) and intend on a stationary twink at that level, then, well, go get em
    Last edited by Mmba; May 29th, 2007 at 05:35:21.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Took a while before I figured it is "level 7 doc with GTA" and not "title level 7 doc with GTA" ... no wonder this didn't make too much sense to me at first ...

Grats!

One of the fantastic aspects of AO, the insane twinking and the sense of achievement you get at the end of the ordeal. Congratulations on your feat!

Dredd, Ironcircle is an awesome piece of work.
    Now, WTB info on your lvl 1 Doc Doctorsmooth!

I was wondering how the hell a level 7 doc got GTA on. Spent about an hour playing with stats until I just gave up and assumed you got touch of marius.

Nice work.
    Leisel "Kelama" Feive -- Unit Member of Omni-Pol -- Equip

Making stuff up since 1959

Thanks for all the comments guys (and girls ). I'll look into that Enhanced NCU- still learning something new every day . As for DoctorSmooth the level 1 doctor, I just posted a way-too-long blurb about that on this thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=496417

Congratz to both Ironcircle and DoctorSmooth.

You're pretty crazy.
    But that's the spirit of AO
    "Hey, you sass that hoopy Ulayah? There's a frood who really knows where her towel is."

i'm interested in procedure for your computer lit at that lv..and how you got hte totw pads on...i'm planning on a twink for fun too
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I don't understand why you would twink so much for GTA, yet you got low level implants in at the end of the twinking. At level 1 you can get 50-60 imps in and you settled with 76 at level 7, i bet with the twinking you put into getting the GTA in at that level you could have made a better twink.

I know you probally just got it on for show but I bet it isn't very good as a twink since it'd be around 50% effective.

but fair play if you love your GTA I could think of some better things to try and get on hehe

Quote Originally Posted by def View Post
    I don't understand why you would twink so much for GTA, yet you got low level implants in at the end of the twinking. At level 1 you can get 50-60 imps in and you settled with 76 at level 7, i bet with the twinking you put into getting the GTA in at that level you could have made a better twink.

I know you probally just got it on for show but I bet it isn't very good as a twink since it'd be around 50% effective.

but fair play if you love your GTA I could think of some better things to try and get on hehe
    The treatment requirement for 76s is about 366, i'd imagine he'd have a hell of a time going higher than that especially as a trox
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Pff, you fail to understand that it's whats cool, not what's best that matters

I don't understand why you would twink so much for GTA, yet you got low level implants in at the end of the twinking.

Only the Agility based imps are in the 70s range. The Stamina based ones are up to QL93. I wouldn't call that low for level 7 . And for the record, GTA at 50% is pretty good at this level. Not much else you can wear that gives 260 ACs and 20 health this low. He's definitely not set up for optimized pvp. He can hold his own, but like Ober says- it's mostly about what's cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast