Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online 2 or Grafism Improvement PETITION

Lightbulb Anarchy Online 2 or Grafism Improvement PETITION

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/anarchyonline2

Game Grafism Improvements or AO 2 petition, help the cause !

Leite / Hwguy / Lordofpain / Queen

beg?
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Stop spamming please, you've already flooded auno.

They already have stated many times that they won't do an engine upgrade not to force people with lower end systems (that run AO fine) have to upgrade only to be able to keep playing.
    FC is releasing AoC in october (hopefully) and have alredy disclosed info on the next MMO they are working on, "The Secret World", so i think that AO 2 would take quite a while before entering real development , in the case they plan on doing it.

gamers don't eaven know AO 1 exists...and you want funcom to fo work on AO 2?
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Luiza.. you are such an addict.. you of all people shouldnt be bashing AO.. You know if Funcom announced "Anarchy Online II" with some fancy graphics and possibly some real space action (please lol) you would get excited. It wouldnt be easy though, they would have to change most of the game for it to be worthy of being a popular MMORPG.

Just because AO isnt WoW (probably the only game that every 'gamer' knows of) doesnt mean that it doesnt deserve a sequel. Its a good game, with some flaws like any other game out there. Its still the best sci-fi MMO out there, and I think AO2 would be very successful.

As for FC saying they dont want AO2 because of system requirements.. give me a break. We arent talking about an expansion here, but a new game. Look at Everquest and Everquest II. Keep the old AO servers up as long as they are making a profit, and attract new and old players who have up to date computers to the new version.

Of course this will never happen, because for some reason the best games die off when the graphics get old, and the crap games make new versions. Not enough counter-culture games out there. Lets only have WW2/Sci-Fi/Special Ops FPS games, and (oh god please no) more Fantasy MMOs.. Funny thing is, my favorite FPS game is Fantasy and I would love to see some WW2/Sci-Fi/Special Ops style MMOs

Sigh

I would very much like there to be an AO 2. But this time dont completely screw up the launch and put more people on it.

AO could still be a game of some note if the launch hadn't relegated it to mini-dev team status forever.

AO 2? I haven't even beaten the first one yet :-/. AO 2 would probably just mean more people rushing to power lvl & why would I want to do all that stuff over again? If I leave AO, it would be to do something different, not to do the same junk over ;p. Look at sequels for other games... don't think any did all that well. So if they make AO 2, think I'll just spend the initial 30-40 dollars on another game. Updating graphics though isn't a half bad idea. Changing the game around, fix age old bugs would be nice, & more rp events would be nice. The superman equipment now days I think will eventually totally kill the game if they keep giving us more & more uber stuff. Well, my rant is done ^^.
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

lol sif im giving funcom anymore of my money after AO.

AoC looks fairly crap too imo (no i dont care what you think so dont start haivng a go bout it) and it doesnt even look like the grasp an "Age of Empires" feel to it which was like the only good caveman game.

It'd be quite niave to think that funcom will change their attitudes to terrible customer support in AoC but who knows.

Have a look at Huxley (in development) if your interested in Sci fi MMO's. has a Gears of War look to it so might have potential but oh well who knows, could be absolutely crap.
    Facadefx 220 Adventurer
    Cratfx 220 Bureaucrat
    Candypantsfx 220 Keeper

Oh, a petition!!! This will REALLY show 'em you mean business, LOL!!
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Luiza.. you are such an addict.. you of all people shouldnt be bashing AO.. You know if Funcom announced "Anarchy Online II" with some fancy graphics and possibly some real space action (please lol) you would get excited. It wouldnt be easy though, they would have to change most of the game for it to be worthy of being a popular MMORPG.

Just because AO isnt WoW (probably the only game that every 'gamer' knows of) doesnt mean that it doesnt deserve a sequel. Its a good game, with some flaws like any other game out there. Its still the best sci-fi MMO out there, and I think AO2 would be very successful.

As for FC saying they dont want AO2 because of system requirements.. give me a break. We arent talking about an expansion here, but a new game. Look at Everquest and Everquest II. Keep the old AO servers up as long as they are making a profit, and attract new and old players who have up to date computers to the new version.

Of course this will never happen, because for some reason the best games die off when the graphics get old, and the crap games make new versions. Not enough counter-culture games out there. Lets only have WW2/Sci-Fi/Special Ops FPS games, and (oh god please no) more Fantasy MMOs.. Funny thing is, my favorite FPS game is Fantasy and I would love to see some WW2/Sci-Fi/Special Ops style MMOs
    There will never be a sequel to AO (at least not one barely as complex as AO) due to the sole fact that mindless waltdisney-shiny-colored-games attract a much wider player base. O and AO has one of the best, if not the best constumer service out there
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Twader View Post
    There will never be a sequel to AO (at least not one barely as complex as AO) due to the sole fact that mindless waltdisney-shiny-colored-games attract a much wider player base. O and AO has one of the best, if not the best constumer service out there
    I've wondered a lot why this is? The only two games that seem to demand that you do math and sacrifice to gain are AO and EVE. None of them very big. The big ones are the point and click games with infinite retrys. Are people that spoiled that they can't deal with choices having consequences?

As for the customer service I agree. Having dealt with quite a few other games I have to say AO is top 3 (maybe even 1). Responses are fast and generally helpful. Sometimes the ARK can't do it but GMs are generally fast to respnd as well. ARKs even feel enough support from FC to dare try unconventional fixes when something new comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
    I've wondered a lot why this is? The only two games that seem to demand that you do math and sacrifice to gain are AO and EVE. None of them very big. The big ones are the point and click games with infinite retrys. Are people that spoiled that they can't deal with choices having consequences?

As for the customer service I agree. Having dealt with quite a few other games I have to say AO is top 3 (maybe even 1). Responses are fast and generally helpful. Sometimes the ARK can't do it but GMs are generally fast to respnd as well. ARKs even feel enough support from FC to dare try unconventional fixes when something new comes up.
    I tried quite a few mmo's too and i was never treated better support-wise than i am in AO

The kids and noobs are the reason ofc. Since they completely outnumber AO-minded ppl, those are the group any mmo company will aim their games for, and i think if u grow up with mindless mmo's like WoW you'll never bother with more sophisticated games like AO, never. And that's why we're a dying breeed. Or as in the popular term:
    THE END IS NIGH
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

I've suggested this before, but here goes again.

Brand new dimension with the same old stuff, except we are all level 1 and penniless. A grand race to be the first to ding 200, buy a city, reach inferno, slay the beast, etc.

Should not cost much from the FC point of view, and should generate a bit of excitement in the game world. Gamers seem to love a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmrabe View Post
    FUNCOM doesn't know S!!T about lazy and apathetic!

I'll SHOW YOU lazy and apathetic...

Tomorrow... if I feel like it.

didnt they improve the engine a bit in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by TwEeK View Post
    didnt they improve the engine a bit in the summer?
    yea, they said they'd give the engine an overhaul, but i never noticed the difference, but i remember the patch being huge o0
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post

I hope you are not implying that i said FC don't want AO2 out of system reqs, cause if you read my post again you'll notice that i refered to a new engine for the current game. AO2 would be a posibility, but not a near one, they have to finish AoC get it up and running, then finish TSW, get it up and running and then they canthink on releasing another MMO. I wouldn't think they would start any real work for another MMO until AoC is out.

Teek:The improvements they did to the engine are within the engine capabilities, so mostly would be optimizations and fixes to the already existing code, within their parameters, what Silirrion stated FC to be against is an upgrade or boost that would increase the system reqs greatly, making the game unable to be run in several systems that currently are used to run AO.
    Last edited by Ithnag; May 30th, 2007 at 20:36:35.

lol grafism
    Minge ?
    It will remain playable until : 2007-10-27 16:08:34

Quote Originally Posted by Twader View Post
    yea, they said they'd give the engine an overhaul, but i never noticed the difference, but i remember the patch being huge o0
    actually i noticed i zoned like 50x as fast dont happen anymore though but i think its my comp being crappy now

Quote Originally Posted by Macharim View Post
    I've wondered a lot why this is? The only two games that seem to demand that you do math and sacrifice to gain are AO and EVE. None of them very big.
    As much as people like to say that they want a challange, they really don't. Games where intellegence and creativity set you apart from the crowd will never excell above games where the top ranked players are the ones who have the most time to work on the ass groove in their computer chairs.
    Last edited by Aratink; May 30th, 2007 at 22:16:00.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast