Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Expansion Idea.

New Expansion Idea.

I'm not sure how many froobs don't upgrade because they can't afford or want to pay 14.95 or because they just don't like sl/ai.

So what I was thinking was mabye make a version that is the classic version (froob version) with just perks and instead of 14.95 charge 4.95.

Might be a stupid idea I'm not sure but i'd thought i'd throw it out there..... and if it's been suggested before I'm sorry.
    I agree

a better idea:

cancel froob program.

force everyone to have all expansions :-D

This would pretty much crush the Rubi-Ka economy.

even better idea: stick all of the froobs on a totally separate server far away from the paid players.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

See my previous post, same answer.

List all people who want to get rid of froobs, delete their present characters, give them exclusive access to a froob-free server without allowing them to return.

An old 386 machine should be sufficient for that server...

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post
    List all people who want to get rid of froobs, delete their present characters, give them exclusive access to a froob-free server without allowing them to return.

with a 14.4kbps dial-up data/fax modem.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

LOL!!

I like that idea...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Also i was thinking you wouldn't have to buy the expansion.

Basically froob likes the game but for some reason doesn't want to make the leap from froob to full account and paying the full 14.95 sl/ai/le.

They could choose to just pay 4.95 to turn thier froob account into bascially a froob with sl perks they would be seeing there toons be stronger then they where as froobs with the perks and could choose to keep playing and paying the lower fee or they could choose to fully upgrade.

Some people might not be sure of going from froob to paid account so maybe having an intermediate option would be easier for some or maybe some would prefer to stay on rk and have perks or some new rk content at a free.

Like maybe there could then be some new zones/content on rk for only the basic account with perks could enter/use.. and it might not make sense but the way i see it is the froobs would be playing free and have thier stuff to do and people with sl and up have alot of stuff they get like better xp and items and on and on well this other type would be paying more then froobs since they pay nothing and less then people with sl/ai/le and wouldn't have the better xp or be able to level past 200 but they could get new ways of leveling faster then froobs on rk but still slower then the people in sl and have perks.

It might seem like why would anyone pay 4.95 for what im talking about when they can just get all the expansions and i thought of that too but there might be people who don't like sl an ai and would be whilling to pay something for more then what a froob gets but not all the rest of the things you get with all the expansions.
    I agree

Not to be an ass..but why do people want to play a game for free (or virtually so)? Is this fair to teh game company..who writes teh software..sets up the hardware, and keeps patchign fix's? how do ye expect them to keep this sort of thing up..and add new fontent..fix problems., if there is less revenue brought in.

The OP is asking essentially to play the game for near free (or 5 bucks a month) and get full access to Shadowlands perks (which woudl entail..by effory..gaining shadowlands access.and in all probability level 220 access..since the difficulty of making a seperation between accounts would be...difficult).

If you think about it..it would be very hard to make a ...fr00b account ONLY have access toperks..and ONLY still have a 200 cap. that be a new structure for account types..and in all probablities..break a few things.

Again..why all the free or reducded crap? the rest of us pay full price for this game..why not you?
    The Free Account part of this game is supposed to give you a taste fo teh game..let you look around..and encourage you to start paying (i.e. buy the damn thing). Hell your even getting off CHEAPER than most of us 5 year vets..who had to toss down 30 bucks..for each expansion (whereas you can buy the whole ball of wax now for...30 bucks or so).

Personally.I think FC dropped the ball when they introduced Fr00b accounts. they should have level locked them to 50 or so...so they would indeed fill theri intentions, give a persona taste of the game.
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

I never buy a game before i can see and feal it. I waited to be level 130 to buy AO, my friend waited level around 180, other friend level 156,.... Fr00bs bring money to AO, not all of them but most of them will upgrade sooner or later.

LoL... dang a whole server?

Viva Froobs!!!!
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post
    The OP is asking essentially to play the game for near free (or 5 bucks a month) and get full access to Shadowlands perks (which woudl entail..by effory..gaining shadowlands access.and in all probability level 220 access..since the difficulty of making a seperation between accounts would be...difficult).
    If these player did not have access to the shadowlands, the only possible way of getting to 220 would be off aliens. I don't think there is much danger of that happening, and if there is, then make it so aliens don't give sk.

Why not give them a taste to allow them 3 free perks, up to level 30, to be spent at will on Shadowlands perks. It would be a tiny edge to them as it is, and it would make Shadowlands and Alien Invasion more yummy to buy.

Also don't forget, Funcom already gave Notum Wars to the froobs free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tani View Post
    Also don't forget, Funcom already gave Notum Wars to the froobs free of charge.
    only good thing about NW is colored yalms

I didn't play in a while due to a malfunct computer, but doesn't NW also give access to buffing towers?

Not to be an ass..but why do people want to play a game for free (or virtually so)? Is this fair to teh game company..who writes teh software..sets up the hardware, and keeps patchign fix's? how do ye expect them to keep this sort of thing up..and add new fontent..fix problems., if there is less revenue brought in.
    Maybe some people are tight on cash and the more something cost the more they have to consider if it's worth it.

The OP is asking essentially to play the game for near free (or 5 bucks a month) and get full access to Shadowlands perks (which woudl entail..by effory..gaining shadowlands access.and in all probability level 220 access..since the difficulty of making a seperation between accounts would be...difficult)..
    I'm not sure of what you meant there.

If you think about it..it would be very hard to make a ...fr00b account ONLY have access toperks..and ONLY still have a 200 cap. that be a new structure for account types..and in all probablities..break a few things.
    I did think about it and i doubt it would be hard to just give access to perk options.
    Considering all that has been done since the creation of the game i really doubt the dev's couldn't do it with ease, Because what i was suggestion was an upgrade to classic that was like a mini expansion at a lower cost with alot less features but more then a froob gets.
    So if it is "hard" is sure as heck isn't as hard as it was to create sl/ai/le.

Again..why all the free or reducded crap? the rest of us pay full price for this game..why not you?
    For your info i have been paying 14.95 for the past 2 years minus the 6 months i paid 9.95 a month for paying 6 months in advanced

I wasn't aware that all suggestion made had to be ones we personally want.
    I thought maybe there where some people out there who would be more likely to pay more for less to learn more about the game before getting all expansions or that have tried all expansion and would prefer classic with some benefits of what sl brought to the game like perks since i've heard so many people say shadow lands ruined the game i figure they weren't talking about perks but all the other stuff sl brought.

The Free Account part of this game is supposed to give you a taste fo teh game..let you look around..and encourage you to start paying (i.e. buy the damn thing)).
    Some people might want a intermediate upgrade at a lower cost to learn more about the game before deciding to get everything or some might have already seen everything and prefer playing as a froob but would just like some stuff like perks and whatever.

Personally.I think FC dropped the ball when they introduced Fr00b accounts. they should have level locked them to 50 or so...so they would indeed fill theri intentions, give a persona taste of the game.
    Well i'm pretty sure froobs have helped the game.. i thought that since froobs have to deal with billboards and their ads Fc was getting money from an advertising company. And even if froobs weren't/aren't helping i don't see how they hurt the game. If it wasn't for the froobs rk would feel even more desolate then it already does to me atleast.
    Last edited by juggalotus; Jun 15th, 2007 at 03:32:08.
    I agree

heh

Its called a taste of expansions, just like that 7 day thing :P they dont need it, mst froobs i know are rich and powerful because they dont powerlevel, they do it slowly because they go through dynas and stufflike that. They dont want it. Make them pay 2 dollars to post on the forums.

If it helps keep funcom from selling ingame credits then I am definately all for this.

I'll say it again. At this point, cancelling the froob way of playing would pretty much destroy Anarchy Online as we know it, after all, they farm alot of items most twinks are too lazy to farm, and make components used for rare and expensive items that most rich people are feeling too important for to make themselves (note that I did not say all, just most-)

I think a little more content should become available as some expansions get out of fashion, like happened with Notum Wars. Not now, but maybe in a good few years or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast