Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: in game Notepad!

in game Notepad!

Maybe it's just me but has anyone else had to write something down and had to open up notepad to do so. Now you could be in window mode and this would be a fairly easy task but the game absolutely hogs CPU making it a slow and grueling process. Those that are fullscreen have to minimize *wait __ wait *... type go back hope you remembered right. ect.

Wouldn't it be just convenient to have a notepad in game? Copy something off an item paste in the games notepad. Or perhaps you want to loan someone something and want to write their name down. Maybe cords or just simple reminders. I know that a in game notepad would be very useful to me, if you think this would help you as well feel free to bump!

That could be VERY usefull...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Considering the complexity of the game a notebook would be nice, they have it in eve online and i use it to note places of interest, people to look out for and such.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Bump especially if the reference thingy works in it too.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

HUGE BUMP!

Would be also nice if notes were stored on server, not locally. And if you could exchange them with other players (like guides and all stuff)
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post
    HUGE BUMP!

Would be also nice if notes were stored on server, not locally. And if you could exchange them with other players (like guides and all stuff)
    now youre just getting complicated, dont discourage them :P

Would be handy. I for one always play with some real life paper and pencil handy to scrible down notes, have made a personal help file list some 60 different files long plus printed various charts out. Being able to do some of that in-game would make life easier.

it's not just you! I've been dying for a way to write myself sticky notes in game forever!

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

A bump from the Sefus for this wonderful idea coming right up.

okbumpalready
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

its kind of ingame atm but its not what i would like it to be. it dont save what you have typed ect..... you can make you a new window and type /text blah blah blah i used this for tuin rep list when it was fun to do instead of the heck noob inf missions we have nowdays
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Bump for this idea.

Whenever i do my twink plans, i have to alt tab in and out to look at stats, available items and such. An ingame notepad that would allow me to write everything down is nice.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

If this would let me create/edit scripts in-game, too, I'd kill for it. Especially if it automatically saved the script file without a file type extension so I don't have to go in and manually remove the .txt. Alt-tabbing over to notepad to troubleshoot a script is tedious.
    Feurix 220/22 Enforcer :: Naphalus 131/16 Engineer :: Geruka xxx/xx Soldier

General of Asgard.

[Team] Galdethi: "Feurix is tanking? ok sure *runs to save* yeah ill brt!"

Oooh! More bumpage for this one.. great when you need a song title written down, or just remembered that you gotta call granny later...

In the mean time, chatoicshade's way works if you log the window, then drag a shortcut to the window log.txt somewhere easy to find ^^

GREAT Idea!

Very useful...
    and easy to do too.

I would prefer an option to store everything (Notepad and Prefs) on server, since otherwise playing on several different PCs is troublesone.

Please make it instanced per toon, not one for the whole account.

For style, you could add a 'Notebook' or 'PDA' item, which you have to use to open the notepad on screen.
    (You could even add an animation of taking something out an scribbling or typing... 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinal View Post
    GREAT Idea!

Very useful...
    and easy to do too.

I would prefer an option to store everything (Notepad and Prefs) on server, since otherwise playing on several different PCs is troublesone.

Please make it instanced per toon, not one for the whole account.

For style, you could add a 'Notebook' or 'PDA' item, which you have to use to open the notepad on screen.
    (You could even add an animation of taking something out an scribbling or typing... 8-)
    storing it on the server would just crated bigger database (laggy) and bugs were you would get other ppls pda's. but the main reason for not storing it on the server is lag issues
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

yeah just place it some where obvious and people can make their own backups. how hard could be adding an in game notepad?

Thumbs up

what an awsome idea !! ..

Come on FC, think about it, give us some light weight text based API to play with and i think you would see some amazing return on ingame content .. if the concern is exploits, just lock it off and only allow it to just that, edit and display text files and maybe DB based images .. i think this idea needs to be thought about seriously ..

you want an example FC ..

this game is set in the future ... so where is the AO in game internet ? lol ..

give us an ingame text editor and a lame light weight API (or just group up some commands that already exist) and let the community build it all .. would be a nice addition to the new GFX upgrade ;P
    AO first .. Reality second .. Get your priorities straight fewl !!

bump
    make the notes easy accessible from windows too plz
    [size=-2]
    Engesis TL 7 Engineer
    Engisis LVL 150 MA
    Yours TL 5 Adventurer

Petition to get QL 300 towers in game

17.9 please

* a new Notebook - simple a little notebook with pages, where you can write down some reminders

*bamb*

Toss in an in-game calculator as well and I'm in.
    Yes.
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast