Thread: Miy's armor buffs list

Miy's armor buffs list

I did a breakdown of the new Miy's armors arranged by slot to compare the different buffs they offer. I thought maybe someone else might like to see it too:

All Miy's armors give AC (of course) and HP.

Boots:

melee=str, duck, run
    nano=str, SensImp, dodge
    scary=str, sta, duck, run, snare resist
    range=str, range energy, duck
    tank=str, sta, riposte, parry, duck, root resist

Gloves:

melee=agi, sen, piercing, bow, evade
    nano=sen, MatCrea, evade
    scary=sen, evade, concealment
    range=agi, sen, shotgun, evade
    tank=sen, 2h edge, evade

Helmet:

melee=int, ncu, calm resist
    nano=int, psy, BioMet, ncu
    scary=int, ncu, crit decrease
    range=int, assault rifle, ncu
    tank=int, ncu, calm resist

Legs:

melee=agi, sen, Martial Arts, ncu
    nano=agi, PsyMod, ncu
    scary=agi, sen, ncu, root resist
    range=agi, rifle, ncu
    tank=agi, grenade, heavy wpn, ncu

Sleeve:

melee=psy, 1h edge, 1h blunt, dodge
    nano=int, psy, MatMet, dodge
    scary=int, psy, perception, dodge
    range=psy, pistol, smg, dodge
    tank=psy, melee energy, dodge

Body:

melee=sta, melee init, phys init, ncu, max nano
    nano=sta, SpaceTime, nano init, ncu, max nano, -nano cost
    scary=sta, ncu, max nano, calm resist
    range=str, sta, bow, range init, ncu, max nano
    tank=str, sta, 2h blunt, ncu, max nano, -nano cost

Notes: in some cases you may want to mix the armor types rather than having all pieces from the range set, for example. Agents, for instance may want range legs for the rifle buff and scary gloves for the concealment. Also, only the nano set has buffs to nano skills.

Likely set for my 1he adventurer would be: melee body, scary legs, melee sleeves, nano helmet, melee gloves, nano boots.
    Last edited by Griddo; Aug 31st, 2007 at 18:05:36.
    Perk Planner: A great look at perks to help you choose for your character!
    Clicksaver: Roll missions to find items you need!
    MishBuddy: An alternative mission roller with some nice features.
    AO Pet Scripter A pet script maker for naming pets (in color)/making custom scripts.
    Atlas of Rubi-Ka: Must-have in-game planet map!
    IP planner: plan how to spend those valuable improvement points, and see how breed affects your profession.
    AO Crafter: OMG! This thing rocks!! Know what you need for tradeskills before bugging the engi or trader!! Or if you are the engi...
    Shadowlands Atlas: see where mobs/dungeons are and their levels.

bump for a good post
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratink View Post
    bump for a good post
    Why thank you
    AO Pet Scripter A pet script maker for naming pets (in color)/making custom scripts.
    IP planner: plan how to spend those valuable improvement points, and see how breed affects your profession.
    AO Crafter: OMG! This thing rocks!! Know what you need for tradeskills before bugging the engi or trader!! Or if you are the engi...

Nice work, thanks for the info!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Nice post. Thank you.

What is everyone's view on how useful this armor is?

Did some quick comparing to (Storm) Carb and Apocalypse as other typical froob armors and was not impressed with Miya's.

My initial read is that it's more useful as buffing armor then for everyday action.

Your thoughts?
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

For most, its more useful for buffing armor.

That, to me and probably most others, is much much more important and useful than for everyday use.

added to faves tyvm:0
    Warfaring 220/24 semi-retired through lack of need trox enf General of Avatars Reloaded
    Deathbycider 220/19 soli adv
    ninjawarf 138/8 opi ma
    warfengine 84/2 soli engy
    dwarfaring 44/2 trox agent
    lebensraum 60/2 trox sol
    shilbilly 190/9 nano mp Ci and cm whore
    pumpfaring 40/2 trox trader
    screwfly 32 opi shade
    septicsid 25 soli doc
    mastawarfa 25 nm nt
    Always expanding the empire!

Aofroobs.com has a pretty good thread on the Miy's armor:

Miy's Armor Hunting: Share your notes!

It has the above information along with some good hunting spots, and some various comments on it.
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Quote Originally Posted by IT_Ninja View Post
    Aofroobs.com has a pretty good thread on the Miy's armor:

Miy's Armor Hunting: Share your notes!

It has the above information along with some good hunting spots, and some various comments on it.
    I had actually read that thread before I made this one. I made my list because I wanted it arranged by slot to better choose which type I want in each slot.

Sawbones2 brought up comparisons to other armors, so here's a few using the equip configurator from AOMainframe:

Miy's Tank Armor Set
    Miy's Melee Armor Set
    Miy's Ranged Armor Set
    Miy's Scary Armor Set
    Miy's Nano Armor Set
    Azure Set (Did someone say )
    CAS Symbiotic
    OT Steel-Ribbed for non-Clan
    Apocalypse Leather for non-Omni
    Omni Carbonum for Omni only
    Clan Carbonum for Clan only

Don't forget you can mix the Miy's for different buffs, especially if you're going to use it for combat. Notice the Scary has concealment, but not Rifle.

Sample mixed Miy's armor for agent :: since the buffs are not spread out among the set, but rather in 1 or 2 pieces, we can mix them and get the full rifle and concealment buffs that Miy's offers.

On that note, you could use just the Miy's pieces you want to mix with another set:

OT Steel Ribbed with Miy's Scary Gloves and Miy's Ranged Legs improves the OT Steel Ribbed set niceley.

I wouldn't add anthing from Miy's to Gloomfall, however, except Miy's Ranged legs temporarily if I needed 5 more rifle skill to equip something, or some Miy's Nano pieces to cast a buff I can't do otherwise.

Just throwing out some ideas there.

For most its prolly twinking armor but for some its essential armor..I think it will be great for everyday use in terms of pet proffs like MP's and Engies

just my 2 cents.

For lowbie nano armor hit up the savage medusas (the naked ones) in DAV they range from lvl 60-90 and drop the nano armor in that range accordingly. Droprate is better in mishes as it may be 5 mishes b4 u actually roll the right types of mobs

The usefulness of any armor should be based according to your needs, what you have access to, and what you can afford to get.

My expansion Doc just upgraded to the Nano chest armor from the elysian protector's cuiras because the nano add on the Miy's far outweighed the extra 1% nano cost reduction. At this point and his level, its really the best choice for what he needs to be a good doc.

My expansion NT just upgraded to the nano chest and nano gloves from exterminator unit armor because it gives nano, nano ini, and cost reduction and a higher amount of MC skill on the gloves. I'm not willing to spend the added cost to get notum saturated metaplast or even low level arithmetic to up his skills, so the miy's armor is a very big boon.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Thanks for the info, Griddo.
    I'd started a similar data gathering exercise myself in a spreadheet, but it got ugly. I'd tried to put ql and bonus info in too.

I like the armout for poor toons. It also looks good (which is a strong selection point for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxr View Post

Thanks for the info, Griddo.
    I'd started a similar data gathering exercise myself in a spreadheet, but it got ugly. I'd tried to put ql and bonus info in too.

I like the armout for poor toons. It also looks good (which is a strong selection point for me).

Yes Bump for a new fr00b armor that is both very practicle and stylish. I always thought Nano/Barter armor was sexy this is sweet and the miys nano armor matches my lvl 60 mps nano robe from steps quite nicely.