Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miy's armour drop rates - not working as intended?

Miy's armour drop rates - not working as intended?

Been farming this stuff for alts, and have noticed the drop rates vary wildly - which is intended. What perhaps isn't is that drills maintain a 1/50 drop rate at the moment. I'll break it down.

Medusa - common mob - drop rate 75% ish (or 'like candy') - nano only.
    Medusas are available in hordes in two places, and drop like crazy. The server lag is likely caused by the sheer amount of nano armour drops. Its also available in nicely high QLs all the way up to 250+.

Borgs - common mob - drop rate 3 % ish (or 'most farmed RK mob, should be low') - all types. Borgs drop everything, but its rare - but as they're the proto-hecks, I've no problem with this. Players are going to be killing them anyhow the armour is just a rare added bonus. Qls they drop is also high - meaning yes, 220's ahoy, whinging lowbies trying to level off them whilst 220's multi-kill everything just for the small chance of high ql drops.

Avians - rare mob (one camp) - drop rate 50% ish (or 'pretty good as they only drop one type') - scary only. Avians are the perfect balance - drop only one type, and the drop rate is ok. e.g. spend the time to search them out, spend some time farming them and you're likely to find the armour you want, if not in a high QL, as mobs are only 160.

Aquuans - ultra-rare mob - nobody knows (or 'not available in the wild really') - ?? Aquuans - don't exist over 90ish, and even then they seem impossible to find. I've even been poking swamp mobs in a vain attempt to see if they're related - they're not.

Drills - rare mob (three small camps) - 5% ish (or 'totally borked') - tank, melee, ranged, nano. Drills - three tiny camps, and they have a terrible drop rate. They also drop nano, which is just insulting when medusas are putting it out like they were on the game. Also only one 210 mob out there, who appears to have forgotten that loot tables were updated - I'm not convinced the DAV island mobs have had their tables updated, I might be wrong: but after camping them four times for no drops, I gave it up.

Questions / suggestions:

Why did drills 'luck out' and get such a wide drop table when they're a) rare b) not available in ultra high qls? Why are they even dropping nano armour?

Why didn't RK get some new spawns of the mobs which just aren't available in the wild? There's plenty of areas totally empty that might have liked some high (200-250) level mobs. Only medusa (210ish) and borgs (200) drop high qls... and they're the most common mobs!?! >.<

If the intention was to have certain mobs only dropping one type (avians, medusa) at a high drop rate, whilst having all dropping from one mob (borgs) at a low level, why did the medium spread get a drop rate nearly as low as borgs?

I'd love it if someone took a look at the drill drops (and took nano out of there already) and sprinkled some high level avians, aquuans (hell, any aquuans) around, and then fixed the DAV drills. Actually, I'd love to see the kinds of numbers for the last three that you get for borgs / medusa, but hey.

p.s.

Top suggestion - I'm pretty sure people would love it if RK missions didn't hard-cap the mob spread by level (e.g. aquuans stop at 140ish, drills at 180, medusa by 190 etc - after that you only get mechdog mobs). If you could tweak the mish spread on chaos to include high level monster mobs (not just the five mentioned) I'm sure this would make a lot of people happy.
    Last edited by Pip; Aug 28th, 2007 at 21:40:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post

Drills - rare mob (three small camps) - 5% ish (or 'totally borked') - tank, melee, ranged, nano. Drills - three tiny camps, and they have a terrible drop rate. They also drop nano, which is just insulting when medusas are putting it out like they were on the game. Also only one 210 mob out there, who appears to have forgotten that loot tables were updated - I'm not convinced the DAV island mobs have had their tables updated, I might be wrong: but after camping them four times for no drops, I gave it up.
    Ive rolled some 220 missions with 7-8 high level Drills (called Pain Lords for those who dont know) after killing 50+ of these i am reasonably convinced they they dont drop any of the new armor types, wether or not this is intentional i would love to know
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I've found borgs in PW drop more like 20-30% of the time...
    Member of Angels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

None of the drop rates for the Miy armor are above 25% (I know, I entered them myself! and yes, I have double checked before admitting to that one ) and they drop from variable mobs just to spread out the drops amongst multiple mob types.

The drop rates (as in the % chance) is consistent between all the different mob types, any variation is simply down to the vagries of the random roll. The Drills have the same drop rates as the other mob types (they just have a wider spread of items that can drop).

The pain lords do have a chance of dropping the items.

All these mobs types are available in missions, and if you roll the right missions its fairly easy to get them. That's how we decided which mobs to use, we went through a few hundred missions and picked out the mob types that were easy to get based on certain settings and did it that way. Their relative populations in the wild was not the primary driver in which mob types we chose.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

wow, thx for definitive info Sil, gonna go back to those Pain lords again :-)

Any word on Nano assistant btw? afaik its not dropping :-(

I think the mob's rank(?) play a roll too. Borgs, for instance, in PW dropped the armor like crazy. However, when I went to the Borgs in Greater Tir, or got borgs in a lowbie mission, only the ones with military ranks dropped Miy's. the others (Cyborg Engies, ect) did not.

At around 80-100 Aqquans dropped Miy's about 1/5th of the time. Same for the level 180-200 Medusas out in the wild.
    Point Blank

Head south of Hollow Island, right on the zone border if you want to find drills in the wild, had plenty of drops around ql140-180 there.

Briie - 220/20/62 Fixer
    Rictuss - 78 Shade
    Balrog - 49 Enforcer [stuck in a corner of ToTW]
    Yamroll - MA [in training]
    Vandemar - Gimp NT [because everyone else has one]

Quote Originally Posted by Briie View Post
    Head south of Hollow Island, right on the zone border if you want to find drills in the wild, had plenty of drops around ql140-180 there.
    Been there, done that. Was farming those to get the 1/50 drop rate figures - I needed a certain piece of armour, had given up on DAV / ship crash long before.

Anyhow - ty Sil for the answer. Somehow, I prefer hunting mobs in the wild to rolling them. Ok - if none of the drop rates are 'over 25%' this leads me to believe that the medusa / avians have a much larger chance than drills. Please, please, please consider removing nano armour from their drop table - its just not needed.

Unless, over 100 mobs, I lucked out and got 2 drops - this doesn't seem feasible:/

p.s. Aquuan / avian / drill high level mobs would be cool. Its also an easy content maker - areas with those in, leading to a small instance with a larger mob in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    p.s. Aquuan / avian / drill high level mobs would be cool. Its also an easy content maker - areas with those in, leading to a small instance with a larger mob in it!
    Werd. Love to see some instances that featured Xenomorphs, and mutants. (Please no mech dogs... )
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    All these mobs types are available in missions, and if you roll the right missions its fairly easy to get them. That's how we decided which mobs to use, we went through a few hundred missions and picked out the mob types that were easy to get based on certain settings and did it that way. Their relative populations in the wild was not the primary driver in which mob types we chose.
    All of these mobs are available only in missions under 200. Only 200+ mobs I've seen so far was medusas (max level 226), rolled in QL236 missions (I rolled hundreds of missions). This IMHO means, that this mobs have some level range and it's impossible to get a higher level mob. Is it possible to extend level range for this mobs up to 250?
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

I don't think anyone mentioned Mantis' in this thread, so I will.
    I've had a few sessions killing Mantis' in the wild and found the rate to be between 1:10 and 1:20 which is fine. All Miy types are dropped and the ql ranges approx 50 levels either side of the mob level. I've had as low as 99 and as high as 220 from mobs in the 150-190 range.

Did you do this with high level missions (ql 250)?

I've tried various settings, and rolled missions to various locations, and it's nearly always mech dogs.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Did you do this with high level missions (ql 250)?

I've tried various settings, and rolled missions to various locations, and it's nearly always mech dogs.
    monsters becomes almost 100% dogs when mission is above QL200, if you roll QL200 or lower on full chaos there is a good chance that you get something else.

Best is to roll team missions on full chaos, everything else to the left, you will then get atleast 1 floor with monsters or some filled with borgs medusas mantis or whatever, I would suggest as 220 to roll QL198 missions, and you should get a fair chance of something.

and aquuans can appear in QL200 missions, had that several times, the only thing I havent seen is the drill mobs, but I know its just bad luck on the rolls.
    Last edited by Lunaspell; Aug 29th, 2007 at 10:16:31.
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

None of the drop rates for the Miy armor are above 25% (I know, I entered them myself! and yes, I have double checked before admitting to that one )
    aheemmm

sorry I just had to

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    monsters becomes almost 100% dogs when mission is above QL200, if you roll QL200 or lower on full chaos there is a good chance that you get something else.

Best is to roll team missions on full chaos, everything else to the left, you will then get atleast 1 floor with monsters or some filled with borgs medusas mantis or whatever, I would suggest as 220 to roll QL198 missions, and you should get a fair chance of something.

and aquuans can appear in QL200 missions, had that several times, the only thing I havent seen is the drill mobs, but I know its just bad luck on the rolls.
    I know this, I'm wondering if Sil does, or are we limited to ~level 200 mobs intentionally?
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    wow, thx for definitive info Sil, gonna go back to those Pain lords again :-)

Any word on Nano assistant btw? afaik its not dropping :-(
    I found one, but low QL
    Igoros, Adventurer
    Igoroc, Enforcer
    Igorus, Keeper
    Igorac, Doctor
    Igoras, Fixer
    Igoris, Soldier
    President of Phoenix

There isn't really no harm in that, QL300 SL weapons and armors are very rare to, if you feel lucky you can roll QL250 team missions and get a Monster boss, had a lvl 250 medusa once, unfortuenally it only dropped a QL274 sleeve

maybe they have planned something new for human mobs to, lots og QL200+ armors in DB that is useless that could be made acceptable with a little effort, or new/old weapon drops in higher QL's could be an option to.

And you dont really need any of those new armors above QL200 do you, would have made more sense if they dropped like the death squad armor at max QL200

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by igoros View Post
    I found one, but low QL
    I found 3, highest in a chest QL232 from a QL200 mission, the 2 others where QL156 and 183 dropped from some mobs I forgot what was, aquuan I think

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by igoros View Post
    I found one, but low QL
    You found +heal HuD and not the damage one?

Which mob dropped it and where? a lot of ppl would love to know :-)

I think it was the damage one (i don't remember very well) and it was from one borg in avalon (level 80-100)
    The fact is that i thought it was a common drop so i delete it
    Igoros, Adventurer
    Igoroc, Enforcer
    Igorus, Keeper
    Igorac, Doctor
    Igoras, Fixer
    Igoris, Soldier
    President of Phoenix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast