Thread: How to single group Uruqhart the absorber

How to single group Uruqhart the absorber

My org made 24 attempts using the old methods posted (won him on the 25th try, first time we tried this strat) on this guy before I finally came up with the way to win this encounter with a single group (3 people playing 2 characters each). This mob actually really easy to kill with 1 group.

What is needed:
    1 doc
    1 trader
    1 tank who can hold agro thru the stuns (I tanked him in tree form on my adv)
    3 people to do dmg

It really helps if each person is doing a different dmg type, no extra weapons are needed.

First let me explain what I learned about this mob and his buff called adopt damage. When he spawns he instantly casts Adopt Damage Trigger. This in turn will reset his damage tracking to 1 then when it terminates it triggers his actual damage tracking buff, Adopt Damage. This buff tracks each damage type until it does 6% of his total health then he resets that damage type tracking to 1 and puts up his reflect and DS.

What is interesting about adopt damage is when it terminates it recasts the adopt damage trigger which resets all of his damage tracking.

The key to single grouping this is the doc nano Epsilon Purge. This nano removes 5 buffs from each school which take 35 ncu or less. Adopt damage, Adopt damage trigger, and each of the reflect buffs are 1 ncu each. The down side to Epsilon purge is the 200% NR check which is where the trader comes in. When the boss spawns the trader sticks their NR debuffs (minimum is the set that removes 6400 NR from the mob) and keeps them up at all times. The doc then just heals and every 30 to 60 seconds sticks a purge on the boss and he will never trigger his reflects which wipe agro.

How my team set up and did it:
    I morphed to a tree so Uruqhart could not stun me and spawned him with bio cocoon up. While cocoon was up everyone held back and let me build some agro since it was not going to be wiped off. Once I started needing heals the trader cast their NR debuffs and maintained them. Every 60 seconds or less the doc would announce they were casting purge so I could do self heals until their recharge was done. Each person had a lock-out macro to announce if they locked out a dmg type. If that happen everyone would back off and let me get agro again while the doc cast purge. Once purge landed everyone would go back into doing damage.
    Last edited by Keldon; Sep 8th, 2007 at 12:16:31. Reason: add in the win on 25th try, first with this strat
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Thats brilliant
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

and its getting nerfed in the next patch. EP won't be working any more.

hmm, yes i looked at the patch notes posted 2 days after i post this strat and the nerf is already in.

I guess if you plan to do this event using this strat do it fast.

As for myself and AO, one of the attractions i had to this game was the fact that if the players figured out something about a mob typically it didnt get nerfed. Here they are nerfing something that every MP, crat, and NT has to do to get their top nanos while people are still solo'ing dreadloch camps which are suppose to be hard raids also.

Consider me done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%