Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Letter from the Game Director: 5 October 2007

Letter from the Game Director: 5 October 2007

A message today from Game Director Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison going over the new paid points system, new player recruitment, Halloween, and other game developments.

You'll find that letter here.

Please let us know your thoughts in this thread.

I was hungry when I read it so couldn't stop thinking about pizza sry :/
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

loOol

great that's you think to change PvP title etc

and something to enable/disable titles
    Last edited by celedia; Oct 5th, 2007 at 14:49:21.

All I can say is Wow! Wow! Wow!

And please take into consideration on the PvP title changes.... EVERY KILL should count towards something.

Please remove the need to tab through opposing players to find the ideal opponent title so that you have a chance to gain points. It's always been a detriment of PvP that if I'm untitled and level 205 I could kill a level 220 master level opponent 100 times and gain nothing... and then kill someone who has never PvPd and is level 205 just 3 times to gain Freshman.....

We need balance. Balance comes with not forcing players to tab through all their opponents in search of the 1 whom gives them a chance of gaining points.

Not too mention that under the current situation, it is more benefial to spend an entire tower fight aimed shotting one person in your PvP title range until he is eventually overrun and killed rather than killing dozens of random people.

Glad to have the point to dollar ratio info, although i think that even at an intro deal 20$ or worse 20 euro is a to high a number for all the package has to offer i was hoping for 200 points = 1 dollar/euro placing the price at about 10 since i payed 30 for SL back in the day then 20 for alien invasion giving way more than vehicle eye candy.

Now i know that i can purchase as much or as little as i want but in my mind now instead of paying the 10 dollars i was hoping ill most likely only pay enough to pick out my favorite item.

Also wondering, how are players like my self who just recently purchased 1yr play time going to fare with the paid points you said would come with game time purchases?

PVP title system rebuild and duel options get a huge ++ thanks for looking in to this and listening to the playerbase, title huggers will hate it cause they will feel like they are losing something they (most did not) earned. and really hated by the people who farm/sell there titles. But honestly who cares about pissing them off because this is something that has been needed for a loooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutahl View Post
    Also wondering, how are players like my self who just recently purchased 1yr play time going to fare with the paid points you said would come with game time purchases?
    We will be trying to ensure that they get the proportional amount based on the future months from when the system starts. We definitely don't want people to lose out because they have loyally committed to the game!
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

that helps and may boost my purchase of points

Thumbs up

Wanted to ask ... is it the social items when it comes to the pre order items that will be possible to shop or is it also items like the pioneer backpack and so on ... Maybe the "Low Light Targeting Scope" that was removed from the droptable long..... long time ago.

Beside the above question... have to say alot of the fixes to the old things is something i as old player like alot .. because many of them have bugged me alot over the years hehe...

I would like to see some continuing work on those things like the grenade items .. like the hedgehog and other TS made weapons from the erly days get a look over.

As always when it comes to me .. im pushing for the Grafical engine upgrade.. as you flagged not so long ago... Do there exist a timeframe on it? 2008 2009++?
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

- since booster pack(s) won't be so cheap as many wished or hoped for (even with special, time-limited, etc...offer), exactly how well new bikes and boards were tested? And who guarantees players that will pay 28$ (c'mon, exchange trend is moving only in one direction ever since launch of euro back in '01) that they will actually recieve reliable, bug-free, no weak necessary vehicles?

- pre-order bonuses was a reward for those that trusted in FC to deliver what they have promised. Ok, there is precedens of obtaining them prior to this sale out, but since different competitions in and outside game only brought limited amount of them, nobody really made a big fuss over it. But after 17.6., what will those trusty and in most cases long term players have to show for it?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Could you be more specific as to how many purchase points one gets by signing up for a year? 6 months? Do you also get any allowance due to the past, or are these just future months?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

How about info about when is my next pvp title , how much points i have etc... to clear the way
    I play all proffs except Shade :S

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Could you be more specific as to how many purchase points one gets by signing up for a year? 6 months? Do you also get any allowance due to the past, or are these just future months?
    Just going forward from when the system starts, as for the amounts and details those will be released when the system goes live next week.
    Old Timer

Just wanted to say that the new bikes and boards are something that I've been anticipating ever since the initial mention of them. The only thing that I'm anticipating more is the graphics engine update, which I hope is still in the works. Being able to pick up some social items that I missed out on in the past (when I didn't even know about AO), is definitely an added bonus.

Thanks guys!
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Quote Originally Posted by Marlark View Post
    As always when it comes to me .. im pushing for the Grafical engine upgrade.. as you flagged not so long ago... Do there exist a timeframe on it? 2008 2009++?
    Our render coder is hard at work at the conversion but as mentioned before it is a longer term goal. I would imagine it would early 2008 for testing at the very least and (all going well) sometime in the middle of next year where we might see it on the live dimensions.
    Old Timer

So if Euro buyers want to get equal bang for their "buck" - they should exchange their Euros for USD, then buy points?
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/co...submit=Convert
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quick Question:
    You mention that you can transfer points to your characters and then spend them independantly on each character.

So If I buy 10,000 points and then transfer them to all characters. I only have 2 created characters at the moment and each will have 10,000 points.

What happens in a month when I create a new character.... do they get 10,000 points or would I have to buy another 10,000 for that character to be on par???

Yeah I must say i'm pretty disappointed in FC. especially when you take into consideration what I paid for LE, SL etc. On top of that living in the states FC has seen it fit to charge me a VAT**. I was really gung ho about the new bikes, but honestly I think this is a gouge to my wallet, furthermore this is really directed to the more dedicated players like myself and it's kind of a slap in the face.
    I've been patient through constant downtimes, major lag, constant disconnects, promises that were made and then kept in such a way that it did nothing for me. Still playing when many have just canceled thier accounts. But the loyal people, that have stayed through all this aren't getting anything for it. A bit of advice from a business owner FC. Stop taking the attitude that you'll get what you can from those loyal customers, until they leave, because hey, there will always be someone to take thier place, because eventually when there's enough people complaining about the way you do business, the new players stop coming around.

I give this one two thumbs down.

(**And before anyone starts in on how I can get this all fixed let me expain. I have to drive 45 min to get to a place that will send an international fax. ok 5 bucks in gas right there. It costs 8 to send the international fax. that's 13 dollars. all that to get back the 15 that FC charges me every year. it's just not worth it, especially considering that it's THIER billing error, and THEIR billing department should be able to easily look at it to see that it's drawn on a bank in the US. All that does't account for the 2 hours of my time wasted to do this.)
    Some People are like Slinkies.....Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Budurca "Cascanueces" Rave - 220/21 Opifex Fixer
    Lady "Irkalla" Bonita - 150/8 Solitus Enforcer
    Ilove "Kicksgirl" Andrei - 132/2 Solitus Adventurer
    Kickenfs "Damona" Badgirl - 112/4 Opifex Doctor

Azar: LOL Do you take this woman to be your bride? .....Kickenf went linkdead

Quote Originally Posted by Marlark View Post
    It's scheduled for one week after point transfers go into Phatznet... ; )

Seriously, thanks for taking a look at the title system, as someone who will always love playing doc, making teams viable for PvP is a huge, HUGE step!

hey

Damona if you dont like it dont buy. nobody is forcing you too. If you like AO you will stay if you dont you will leave. Its just how it goes with games you cant satisfy everybody. Im looking foward to this expansion. gives me something to look for. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Algaries View Post
    Damona if you dont like it dont buy. nobody is forcing you too. If you like AO you will stay if you dont you will leave. Its just how it goes with games you cant satisfy everybody. Im looking foward to this expansion. gives me something to look for. :-)
    Missed the point. but thanks for your advice, I'll file it with all the other junk mail I recieve.
    Last edited by Damona; Oct 5th, 2007 at 17:01:47. Reason: answered my own question
    Some People are like Slinkies.....Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Budurca "Cascanueces" Rave - 220/21 Opifex Fixer
    Lady "Irkalla" Bonita - 150/8 Solitus Enforcer
    Ilove "Kicksgirl" Andrei - 132/2 Solitus Adventurer
    Kickenfs "Damona" Badgirl - 112/4 Opifex Doctor

Azar: LOL Do you take this woman to be your bride? .....Kickenf went linkdead

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast