Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WTB alternative to battlestation

WTB alternative to battlestation

can you make some other way then battle station to get that kind of vp. its really gotten boring cause of 1 side always spawn camping so others leave, and for the lower lvls that need the vp for armor to just get creamed by 220/30/70 title farmers in BS. i am sure i am not the only one that feels this way. and alien missions take to long to gather the 12k+ for 1 piece of armor or weapon, especially when you need a full set and weapons.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

LE in a nutshell:
    if you're Melee or PvM, lol sux to be you.
    if you're both, you need to reroll a different profession.

This is the direction AO has taken, no thanks to that f***tard Silliron.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

just to make my point, i am playing a 210 shade on battle station atm. i have not perked 1 person yet because i die before i get to them, everyone perks me past dof+limber so evades are useless. the stupid absorb that fc gave sahdes is **** and it beaks in 1, maybe 2 seconds, and recharge is 10 mins (laugh). cant do **** to help my side because i dont have enough ar in a turret to hit the keepers and advys that ninja points with coon running. so please FC give me a alternative to getting large ammount of vp.

just finished a round, score 500 - 0, guess who has the title farmers and won........ gimme a ****ing alt fc
    Last edited by Cdogg421; Nov 15th, 2007 at 06:12:51.

Ah well your playing possibly the worst pvp proff at the min lvl what do you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    LE in a nutshell:
    if you're Melee or PvM, lol sux to be you.
    if you're both, you need to reroll a different profession.

Maybe I'm not at that point yet, but I have a blast on my 168 trox MA (yes that means I'm melee and PVM)

We'll see about what happens at 210+ but as for now I'm having a lotta fun
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Not that i think ur right or wrong, but whats the point of cursing @ Sil?
    Aint gonna make things better u know (plus u might log in with Michael Jackson-looking toon someday )
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdogg421 View Post
    can you make some other way then battle station to get that kind of vp. its really gotten boring cause of 1 side always spawn camping so others leave, and for the lower lvls that need the vp for armor to just get creamed by 220/30/70 title farmers in BS. i am sure i am not the only one that feels this way. and alien missions take to long to gather the 12k+ for 1 piece of armor or weapon, especially when you need a full set and weapons.
    Shade + BS = tough times
    On the other hand, if you were on the other side...you'd have a pantload of VP about now.
    So right now, you've got a lose/lose situation...where you might have a win/win.

Spawn campers are scum, though, so I'm with you there.
    Gurudee : 220/20 Doc - General of Pantheon. Eater of Waffulz.
    Cannon "Madblasta" Fodder : 220/24 Soldier - Pewpewpew!
    Ughh "Madmongo" Breakstuffs : 220/20 Enf - GOMANGO!
    Madvocate : 150/15 Crat - In your toolshed. Charming your daughter.

Our two ways of getting VP are BSs and the missions for VP clumps. With BSs you're fairly set as they're always active and you get a fair bit, one side can dominate often for stretches but even if you loose you can get a modest amount. Although it's still forced PvP and those on the bottom of the level range and non-combat profs can get stomped by those on the upper range which isn't fun. On top of that except for the last couple and the title level five one most tend to be dead last I checked which only leaves missions for VP which doesn't work well past the very early levels.

Missions could be good if the VP given by the clumps scaled up with the level of the mobs better but as they don't it can take a real long time to get VP that way. Considering a char of any level can enter a mission generated by a char of any level though that makes sense. If the VP clumps scaled up better a lowbie could go in a high level mission, sit back a safe distance and loot corpses for tons of VP with no risk. Also because it works that way and the QL requirement of upgrade clumps is only about 15%+ of the item to upgrade (meaning a QL 45 clump can upgrade a QL 300 item) we have 220s doing lvl 45-60 missions for their clumps and drop rates can suck.

What could make things with missions better to an extent is if the missions were level locked based on the roller. That is the mission would only let those in that are in the team range or possibly a smaller level range of the one that rolled the mission. This would prevent lowbies from entering high level missions and vice versa. The effect of that could then be a better scaling of VP rewards from clumps and each boss could drop at least one upgrade clump 100% of the time with high level ones possibly dropping two or more at times. This would provide a reason to do missions other than those at the lowest level possible, an effective alternative to BSs for non-PvP players and those in level ranges with no active BS.
    Last edited by PhoenixOfAges; Nov 15th, 2007 at 08:06:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Koizumi View Post
    i think ur right, cursing @ Sil
    (plus u might log in with Michael Jackson-looking toon someday )
    I hope it's the young Michael and not that alien-replacement Michael...
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

I agree, when lost eden was first being developed we saw images of outside battles with mechs and whatnot, that is the sort of thing i thought lost eden would be implementing not 1 place other than borealis and towers to pvp where you can just warp out of by using /afk. Had i known that is what LE was based on I wouldnt of bought it.......
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Usually when you lose that badly there is no queue on your side and quite a lot of leechers in the opposite faction' queue.
    So - get few friends for BS, play as a team and steamroll leechers. Usually takes 2-3 rounds to turn sides if you're working hard.

It goes this way:
    1. Hardcore team shows on X side.
    2. X side start to win with 500:100 or 500:0
    3. People of X side spread the word of "wow, come get good VPs, we're winning"
    4. People of Y side leaving BS due to too low reward
    5. Next round there is shortage of Y side players, so those hardcore players of side X are in queue far from reaching BS, while BS is full of leechers drooling over chance to get VP for free.
    6. Result - if you show up as a team - whole team got transported to BS insta and you pwn leechers so hard it hurts.

P.S.: short version for leechers - join BS and wait for some team to show up and do your work for you while moving your mouse each 1-2 minutes to avoid kicking for /afk.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

the basic problem is those guys that like pvp will usual have the top gear or they are a proffesion that can do without, Many of those doesnt even need VPs, they are standing in the way of VP for those that can actual put those VP to good use.
    Thats the real problem, either make those VP Account wide so you can get when with a char that actual have a chance there, or massivly update those Alien Missions so we get VP for Completing the missions. As it is now doing missions for VP are simple not a viable option.

Please leave BS as it is (although some new maps & gameplay modes would be nice), since it serves it's purpose well as a place to pvp with relatively equal numbers and a worthwhile reward (as was the intent with the pvp expansion).

Please don't offer another alternative place to find VP's as it will make it even harder to get enough people for BS than it is now.

Spawncamping really should be addressed though.
    Last edited by Vlain; Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:29:12.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    Please leave BS as it is (although some new maps would be nice), since it serves it's purpose well as a place to pvp with relatively equal numbers and a worthwhile reward (as was the intent with the pvp expansion).
    I agree

Please don't offer another alternative place to find VP's as it will make it even harder to get enough people for BS than it is now.
    If there were a viable alternative I personally could not care less with regard to what happened to BS and if what you say would hold true, it's just a testament as to how much BS sux, that FC misjudged what people wants/likes and that most people don't like it.
    If it does not hold true, then noone have lost anything, and those that loathes PvP/BS have obtained something that they've wished for, for a long time.
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:32:06.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I just think offering another means of VP would completely cheapen the whole point of the BS to begin with...it would be like petitioning for a non-pvp mob to drop tara loot because some people don't like tara.

The BS is intended to be the primary source of VP, & FC has already catered to the non-pvp types by offering a scaled down amount of VP in alien mish...but ofc these two options are not enough for some people who want everything carebear-ified.

Maybe next we can get lead bots to drop as rk mish rewards so everyone can have a full set of ai armor on every toon at every level because hey...not everyone likes aliens.
    Last edited by Vlain; Nov 15th, 2007 at 11:42:31.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

I just think offering another means of VP would completely cheapen the whole point of the BS to begin with...it would be like petitioning for a non-pvp mob to drop tara loot because some people don't like tara.

The BS is intended to be the primary source of VP, & FC has already catered to the non-pvp types by offering a scaled down amount of VP in alien mish...but ofc these two options are not enough for some people who want everything carebear-ified.

Maybe next we can get lead bots to drop as rk mish rewards so everyone can have a full set of ai armor on every toon at every level because hey...not everyone likes aliens.
    They could make any alternative very hard for my sake, just as long as it would make it worth it with regard to time/reward, which is not the case with LE mishes.
    That should kinda take care of the carebear argument if I'm not much mistaken.
    Gotta admit I don't find the last part worth a reply.

If you had suggested a way for PvP'ers to obtain bots by PvP'ing in alien filled areas or something like that, then I could see some resemblence to what we're discussing and I would probably even agree with that and support that, for the same reasons I support what this thread is dealing with...
    Viable options for people with differing interests.
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 15th, 2007 at 12:04:52.

Please leave BS as it is (although some new maps & gameplay modes would be nice), since it serves it's purpose well as a place to pvp with relatively equal numbers and a worthwhile reward (as was the intent with the pvp expansion).

Maybe because there are few pvp players than Pvm, and those are being forced to be canonfooder for those that thinks its fun to kill people that are basicly unable to put a dent into them.

im not trying to get rid of bs or get ppl to stop playing on it. i just want some place to go to get my vp for my armor and weapons so i have some proper gear to go up with. personally i love to pvp on BS and its why i make so many tl 7 toons. some sort of mission with a 1 or 2k vp reward would be great, but le missions are just to little vp, would take days to farm 18k.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    Maybe because there are few pvp players than Pvm, and those are being forced to be canonfooder for those that thinks its fun to kill people that are basicly unable to put a dent into them.
    ...or maybe its because the limited player population is already spread out far to thin between towers, pand, apf, alappa, albtraum, pen/inf mish, dust brigade, ai mish, dreadlochs, extremely long quest lines, & ofc BS

VP is intended as a reward for being good at pvp in the pvp expansion. If you suck at pvp maybe you don't deserve ofab.
    Last edited by Vlain; Nov 15th, 2007 at 12:25:51.

~Lewis Carroll

VP is intended as a reward for being good at pvp in the pvp expansion. If you suck at pvp maybe you don't deserve ofab.
    O.o
    VP is just nodrop credz... It is in no way a reward for being good at PvP... Only thing that slightly resembles what you're saying is titles, which is worthless because it can just be farmed, and therefore tells me nothing about anyones skill at PvP, unless I've seen them earn the title.

As said VP is just nodrop credz, that can be earned in only 2 ways.
    1. Most effectively by visiting BS, where you can go more or less afk and get your VP anyway. Your personal skill at PvP as an individual on board BS, has little effect on the amount of VP you get.
    2. Le missions.... Non effective... More effective to go to BS and just make sure you don't go auto afk, than doing LE mishes. How's that for great game mechanics and options for players?

If you suck at PvP it may be because you have little or no interest in it... "Don't deserve Ofab" Excuse me, but I really find that a lame comment... Ofab have uses outside PvP ya know, just as all other armor have uses outside PvM.... duh
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 15th, 2007 at 12:37:23.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast