Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You ever change to Shield and 1h weapon if.............

Would You ever change to Shield and 1h weapon if.............

The Shield Reflected a decent ammount of dmg (If so how much?)
    THe shield Casted An absorb Perk every once and a while (if so how much absorb would it take?)
    The Shield Increased your chance to evade special attacks (if so what % chance)
    The shield has an awsome Mesh (Define Awsome)
    The shield itself had a special attack (parry, riposte, or something Like "Bash with shield")(If so what would it take?)
    The Shield Had Ac´c(how High would they have to be?)
    The Shield Added to important stats (which and why?)
    The Shield Took down your offensive skills but gave a very Decent Defensive boost(Define what youd be willing to sacrifice and What youd want for it)

OK the idea here is you pick the one or few that you agree with and answer the question in the brackets

Here my idea of A decent End Game shield corrent my if im wrong.

Name: Ofab Keeper Shield[NODROP]
    Description: the orbital fabrication plants of the battle stations, this hammer was forged to the highest specifications.
    Type: Weapon
    Slot: Left Hand
    Equip time: 2s
    Attack time: n/a
    Recharge n/a
    Range: 4M
    Dmg: 100-570 (1000) - Melee AC
    Initiative skill: N/a
    Attack skills: Parry 0%
    Defense skills: Evade Close
    Special attacks: Parry, Riposte, Bash

MODIFIERS:
    On Use Target Modify Reflect projectile damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect melee damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect energy damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect chemical damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect radiation damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect cold damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect fire damage 25 %
    Target Modify Reflect poison damage 25 %
    Target Modify Maximum projectile reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum melee reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum energy reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum chemical reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum radiation reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum cold reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum fire reflect 100
    Target Modify Maximum poison reflect 100
    Target Modify Add All Def 50
    Target Modify Max health 500
    Target Modify 1 Handed Edged 400
    Target Modify Sneak Attack 250
    Target Modify Runspeed - 750(You carry a heavy shield its gonna cost Ya)

REQUIRMENTS:
    To Equip User Expansion sets & Lost Eden and
    User Parry>= 1750 and
    User Riposte >= 1600 and
    User Heavy Weapons >= 1000

Special attacks Expained:

Parry:
    Parry will Automatically Counter the next attack onto the Player
    Stacks with Ward
    (Basically works like a Ward) Duraction: 5 minutes (until u are hit) Recharge: 160s

On Use User Change Absorb hits 1

Riposte:
    Riposte Will Raise A layered Absorb shield. (Keeper Layers) Duraction: 5mins(or until all layers are used) Recharge 5 mins
    On Use Target Change Absorb projectile damage 725
    Target Change Absorb melee damage 725
    Target Change Absorb energy damage 725
    Target Change Absorb chemical damage 725
    Target Change Absorb radiation damage 725
    Target Change Absorb cold damage 725
    Target Change Absorb fire damage 725
    Target Change Absorb poison damage 725

Bash:
    10% change on a 10 Second Stun, 50% change on a 3 second Stun
    The concept of Bashing is that you thrust your shield at the enemy, it the only way a shield can realistically do dmg, no special animation just.. A shield doesnt attack normally and when u use bash it attacks once. Because Bash is not a ingame skill im suggesting it maby uses.
    Attack skills: 50% Brawl, 50% Heavy weapons
    Or it does Set dmg depending on the shield

OK and the apearence, I was thinking:
    Laser Shield, A bit in your hand that Emits a Laser Shield, would match Ofabs Futuristic look
    As in you hold a main part that has spider Legs coming out of it in a shield shape and between them there is energy
    Has to be thick, no paper plz. not to thick but thick so it doesnt look like a flat mesh.
    If it end up being an energy Shield A bit of Animation in the energy would be nice, maby like reflect shield animation

OK IM DONE tell em what you think of my shield if u have any ideas of how to make it better or more realistic please tell me and maby i will change it.
    IM showing FC what a really Sheild is made of.
    This is what i Want i dont know about you lot. But if this shield came ingame i would change to 1he at lvl 220
    I think its a bit Overpowered, but il leave that up to you guys
    Try and be possitive if u think that i need to get rid of something on it say it and if someone agrees or i do i will change it.
    I want FC to see What We as keepers think a REAL keeper shield should Be like.

READ PLEASE:
    IM NOT TRYING TO REVIVE PARRY AND RIPOSTE, if u havent noticed Both the specials are Set, as in they do one set thing and that thing only. The only thing the skills have to be of importants is high enough for the Req, the Specials do set Dmg/absorb/Ward ammount Independant of how high ones skills Are!
    Last edited by digidevil4; Nov 29th, 2007 at 18:46:39.

Quote Originally Posted by digidevil4 View Post
    The Shield Reflected a decent ammount of dmg (If so how much?)
    Dmg Mitigation via reflects is a Soldier defining ability, and to be of decent use, stacked with our already 16-22% I would want 15% minimum, preferably 32% like a permanent DA.

THe shield Casted An absorb Perk every once and a while (if so how much absorb would it take?)
    Enforcer Dmg Mitigation technique.

The Shield Increased your chance to evade special attacks (if so what % chance)
    No way to just evade a special attack unless it was a SA blocker. Engineer mitigation techtnique.

The shield has an awsome Mesh (Define Awsome)
    Knights Templar shield suites the class fine.

The shield itself had a special attack (parry, riposte, or something Like "Bash with shield")(If so what would it take?)
    Parry/Riposte are broken and will not be fixed without a rewrite of AO's CodeBase. If it provided a special attack, it would have be something of a high dmg/low def-check nature.

The Shield Had Ac´c(how High would they have to be?)
    ACs are pointless tbh, the widest weapon spread iirc is 700 which equates to 7k ACs to drive to minimum damage and even without HM perked we generally have 10k+

The Shield Added to important stats (which and why?)
    400 1he, 400 SA as we have no perk support and it's dark blue.

The Shield Took down your offensive skills but gave a very Decent Defensive boost(Define what youd be willing to sacrifice and What youd want for it)
    It would destroy your offensive capabilities just by wearing it. It would have to give insane (read SWS X on your wrist insane) bonuses.

Sorry if you feel that that's to negative but.... Don't know why people want to push for 1he/shield support for anything but RP. We have a better chance of getting a decent 2he SA weapon than getting reworked 1he/1hb IP and Perks.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Dmg Mitigation via reflects is a Soldier defining ability, and to be of decent use, stacked with our already 16-22% I would want 15% minimum, preferably 32% like a permanent DA.

Enforcer Dmg Mitigation technique.

No way to just evade a special attack unless it was a SA blocker. Engineer mitigation techtnique.

Knights Templar shield suites the class fine.

Parry/Riposte are broken and will not be fixed without a rewrite of AO's CodeBase. If it provided a special attack, it would have be something of a high dmg/low def-check nature.

ACs are pointless tbh, the widest weapon spread iirc is 700 which equates to 7k ACs to drive to minimum damage and even without HM perked we generally have 10k+

400 1he, 400 SA as we have no perk support and it's dark blue.

It would destroy your offensive capabilities just by wearing it. It would have to give insane (read SWS X on your wrist insane) bonuses.

Sorry if you feel that that's to negative but.... Don't know why people want to push for 1he/shield support for anything but RP. We have a better chance of getting a decent 2he SA weapon than getting reworked 1he/1hb IP and Perks.
    i am not just pushing for 1he and shield im pushing for variety, atm u make a keeper and u go 1he it would be nice to be able to choose

If you want melee weapon variety, roll an enforcer.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

I agree we should get a massive defense boost with a shield because we would have practically no offense.

Give it a constantly refreshed specials absorb and t would be worth it.
    Dexter Lordplayer Morgan Atrox Keeper - 220/23/70 - Main, Keepers FTW!
    Aimone Playerq Tribute Atrox Enforcer 150/18/42 - Aliumz tanking twink - equipment
    Patrick Pillpopper Bateman Atrox Doctor 60/6/6 - ToTW semi-twink
    Parisienne Meta Walkways Nanomage MP 163/??/9 - Baffs
    Funk Playernt Technician Solitus NT 139/??/5 - Amateur Kiter
    Creamy Fullautolube Goodness Opifex Soldier 174/??/9 - FC luv child

If you want melee weapon variety, roll an enforcer.
    Why should I?, im happy as i am, why should enfos get all the variety? theres no reason enfos should get all the variety, they aint exactly the masters of melee

they aint exactly the masters of melee
    actually they are, same as soldiers are the masters of ranged.

actually they are, same as soldiers are the masters of ranged.
    There isnt a book stating that, and there are other ranged and melee profs that use mroe than one weapon

There isnt a book stating that, and there are other ranged and melee profs that use mroe than one weapon
    Don't need a book to state that digi.

You can look at their IP costs Right here

Just because other professions use more than one weapon, doesnt automatically make them a master. Being able to use a variety of weapons with good buffs/IP cost to back them up, makes you a master.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Bash:
    The concept of Bashing is that you thrust your shield at the enemy, it the only way a shield can realistically do dmg, no special animation just.. A shield doesnt attack normally and when u use bash it attacks once. Because Bash is not a ingame skill im suggesting it maby uses.
    Attack skills: 50% Brawl, 50% Heavy weapons
    Or it does Set dmg depending on the shield
    You forgot 100% chance to stun for 4 seconds!
    blah

Bump for absorb procs that nullifies bio cocoon
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

terrible idea

first off
    150 AAD but -100 to evades? thats pointless, just put on 50 AAD.
    25% reflects? you guys get a reflect perk anyways + cocoon? you dont need any more dmg absorbers.
    wtf is with the damage on that? what you gonna do? stabbity stab with teh shield?
    on the specials... they are never gonna add parry/riposte specials back to game, they were too overpowered.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    terrible idea

first off
    25% reflects? you guys get a reflect perk anyways + cocoon? you dont need any more dmg absorbers.
    wtf is with the damage on that? what you gonna do? stabbity stab with teh shield?
    on the specials... they are never gonna add parry/riposte specials back to game, they were too overpowered.
    I'm sorry but who and what the **** are you?

A keeper? No, so **** off and stop flaming keeper threads. OMG jump all over someone who tries to come up with an idea based off some piece of **** item keepers were given by FC. He never said a damn thing about making parry/riposte as they were before IN FACT he had a DAMN GOOD idea about how to make skills that are nothing BUT an IP sink for certain weapons viable again. WOOOO a reflect perk that lasts for a short period of time and a cocoon that was smacked HEAVILY by the nerf bat due to behaviour not even related to people who have the bio shielding line (low hp + absorbs) and you want to have a bitch and whine?

I am getting ****ing sick and tired of people who have a pop at keepers every time they feel hard done by with their chosen profession. Get over it. If you pay attention REAL hard you'll see that most threads crying for improvements where professions need it are supported HEAVILY by keepers, yet do we get the same support from others? NO. I am SO very sorry if someone who enjoys playing their profession and comes up with some ideas to add to our toolset offends you, but you know what, kiss my arse because this kind of feedback should be welcomed for every single profession. I'm glad I chose a profession that isn't so damn jaded and bitter from various bouts of FC treatment that their kicks come from flaming posts that have absolutely NOTHING to do with them that will quite obviously remain a pipe dream anyway.

Was it a lack of love from mommy and daddy that inspired your post? Is that why you felt the need to piss all over a post written by someone with such an innocent idea? We all know FC will never give us this stuff, but why be so nasty to someone that doesn't know better? Doesn't this game thrive on new players?

Get out. Seriously, get the **** out. You're lucky you don't represent the rest of the MA community or all my (and other's) posts in support of fixing the ridiculous nanos you were given and the evade nerfs you got would vanish.

STFU and find a more worthy thread to troll, this one is clearly there for the hopeful and naive and I am happy to leave it so else new players will end up as jaded and hate filled as you.

While stabbing you with a shield might remain beyond your comprehension, beating you repeatedly with one over the head might have desirable results. Think about that.
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 29th, 2007 at 05:08:16.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Since when did this shield idea "offend" him and since when did 1 line merit 7 paragraphs of unrestrained hatred toward someone who wants to say why the shield is not a good idea?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Since when did this shield idea "offend" him and since when did 1 line merit 7 paragraphs of unrestrained hatred toward someone who wants to say why the shield is not a good idea?
    Ok, if I need to spell it out for -another- non keeper choosing to throw their oar in on a keeper thread...

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper
    terrible idea
    Dumb comment that is worthy only of flame in return, the OP didn't have a "dumb idea" he had an idea based from naiveity such a thing happens with new players, deal with it.
    Spoken like a true "I've never played a keeper past TL2" player.
    Do I -really- need to comment on this? I mean really...OP obviously understands the merit of dual wielding weapons, in an RL aspect smacking someone over the head with a heavy shield WILL do some damage, so therefore why not in game?
    OP made it obvious they weren't talking about the original implementation of the parry/riposte skills merely by the very idea that they offered forth in FACT, even suggested they're fully aware of the broken aspect of parry/riposte and suggested sensible ways that they can be made useful again. We've seen int/psy as an attack skill, we've seen sense as a defense skill, why not parry or riposte as an attack skill?

So I'm defending someone who seems to be new to the game and chose keeper. I'm used to the **** we take from EVERY OTHER PROFESSION and can deal with it, that doesn't mean I won't defend newbies from the same punishment apparently deserving of just "rolling a keeper".
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 29th, 2007 at 05:37:17.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I never said that No4Sniper was 100% correct and that you were completely wrong; being a keeper you'd know more about what the OP wants than other people, just the direction of the tone that it went, sounded like you were twisting up the post and overreacting to someone who wanted to present his view of the OP's idea (even if the view was indeed lacking in some credibility)...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I never said that No4Sniper was 100% correct and that you were completely wrong; being a keeper you'd know more about what the OP wants than other people, just the direction of the tone that it went, sounded like you were twisting up the post and overreacting to someone who wanted to present his view of the OP's idea (even if the view was indeed lacking in some credibility)...
    Still makes it bloody annoying when every profession and their dog come and troll up keeper threads when we don't do the same in return.

I do not negotiate with terrorists, or in this case, forum terrorists aka trolls.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    terrible idea

first off
    Would you sink IP into skills that do nothing, remove your alpha and castrate your damage in gerenal for 1000 more HP?

If we go shield and cant do **** all to anyone we sure as hell want others to do **** all to us, its only fair.
    Last edited by Lordplayer; Nov 29th, 2007 at 14:21:09.
    Dexter Lordplayer Morgan Atrox Keeper - 220/23/70 - Main, Keepers FTW!
    Aimone Playerq Tribute Atrox Enforcer 150/18/42 - Aliumz tanking twink - equipment
    Patrick Pillpopper Bateman Atrox Doctor 60/6/6 - ToTW semi-twink
    Parisienne Meta Walkways Nanomage MP 163/??/9 - Baffs
    Funk Playernt Technician Solitus NT 139/??/5 - Amateur Kiter
    Creamy Fullautolube Goodness Opifex Soldier 174/??/9 - FC luv child

tbh 80% reflects while wielding the shield would be more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    tbh 80% reflects while wielding the shield would be more realistic
    With 1200 AAD. Mmmhmm.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast