Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day and Night, Seasons

Day and Night, Seasons

It would be awsome if we had the option to have the lighting, the sounds in cities and similar things change with the Game time.
    Night comes...
    Street light go on

it doesnt sound like much but it makes the Game more fun

It would also be awwsome if the Environment it self on Rubi-Ka and the music would change in accordance with the date.

So during Autumn things are Quite gloomy and there are leaves on the floor, with the regular Forest music.

During Summer, Its brighter then usual, only slightly just so its noticable, the areas are generally lighter and the music is summer music, dont know how to descibe summer music, not like beach music.

During Spring you get alot more flowers around, regular lighting and lively Music.

During Winter you get snow everywhere, penumbra like music, that kool breathing effect u get in penumbra.

Snow would be difficult to make which is why it might be easyer to leave it out or just make thick circular rain.

Flowers and Leaves wouldnt be hard

The easyest way to make this happen would be to make 4 diffrent Builds of each map
    e.g old athen

OldAthen_Winter
    OldAthen_Autumn
    OldAthen_Spring
    OldAthen_Summer

So then When it is officially the first day of Spring the Servers knows automatically to Lock All the OldAthen maps except OldAthen_Spring, so people cant reenter if they happen to be in the previous one over the change.
    In would say snow would be hard but FC did such a beutifull Job with Penumbra and they have all the nessesary models, Snowed Trees, Ect.

oh and in some maps of rubi-Ka the environment Changes Such as Deserts cause Deserts are areas Near the equator that have some low pressure or something like that. Assuming there is an equator on RK seeing as its livable.

I like the idea. Bump
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

you want to be GMs right ?
    Amordoki 220 nm NT
    Amorforcer 214 trox ENFO
    Amorotti 177 solitus DOC
    Amorexia 150 opi SHADE

Quote Originally Posted by Amordok View Post
    you want to be GMs right ?
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by digidevil4 View Post
    It would be awsome if we had the option to have the lighting, the sounds in cities and similar things change with the Game time.
    Night comes...
    Street light go on
    Like when you turn "day/night change"? Or was it "environment something"? I don't remember.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Like when you turn "day/night change"? Or was it "environment something"? I don't remember.
    Im getting Confused by your posts, all of you explain what u mean by the question

yes I am British.
    :S Sorta

theres already a day/night cycle in the game.

as for seasons... they dont exist on rubika. since theres only been limited terraforming for the areas that are populated.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    theres already a day/night cycle in the game.

as for seasons... they dont exist on rubika. since theres only been limited terraforming for the areas that are populated.
    untrue, there are Deserts and theres forests and swamps so it does have all the feature of a planet with seasons

And the Day/night thing ingame atm is not very exciting, never see Dark Oa, sometimes a bit dimer but not dark, never any street lamps

untrue, there are Deserts and theres forests and swamps so it does have all the feature of a planet with seasons

And the Day/night thing ingame atm is not very exciting, never see Dark Oa, sometimes a bit dimer but not dark, never any street lamps

maybe RK does not wobble? or at least its wobble is so slight as to not cause seasonal change. maybe the wobble is such that the taraformed area is always facing the sun the same way.

there are many RP ways of glossing over this but the fact is your pretty much asking for 4 games, as all the meshes and the music would have to change for the seasons. aint gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpokeydelta View Post
    maybe RK does not wobble? or at least its wobble is so slight as to not cause seasonal change. maybe the wobble is such that the taraformed area is always facing the sun the same way.

there are many RP ways of glossing over this but the fact is your pretty much asking for 4 games, as all the meshes and the music would have to change for the seasons. aint gonna happen.
    CAre to explain what happened to the shadowlands then?

CAre to explain what happened to the shadowlands then?
    read the book AO is based on. it will explain everything for you.

besides the fact, the SL are on a different plain of existance, a different dimension, whatever you wanna call it.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    read the book AO is based on. it will explain everything for you.

besides the fact, the SL are on a different plain of existance, a different dimension, whatever you wanna call it.
    fair enough but im sure it doesnt say anywhere in the book that there cant be seasons, and as much as i want to read the book i cant print that many pages and reading off the comp screen is murder on my eyes

IDK if youtube has a video of it but when you use to make a chr, you could clearly see a ring around RK. The only way to have a ring around a planet is if it doesn't wobble. On top of that the area that we live in is under terraforming control, and Snow isnt energy efficient.

Now, streetlights, like REAL lighting, would be an outstanding idea when the new engine comes out.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post

Now, streetlights, like REAL lighting, would be an outstanding idea when the new engine comes out.
    bamp for that! I'd like that.

Exclamation

I don't get why there shouldn't be snow or something like that,
    as there is also rain on RK,
    and the terraforming techniques should be more advanced now?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctictiger View Post
    I don't get why there shouldn't be snow or something like that,
    as there is also rain on RK,
    and the terraforming techniques should be more advanced now?
    maybe because it's NOT COLD ENOUGH!!!????

Uh, your examples have nothing to do with seasons. They are very much geographical effects and we'd have all of them on Earth even if the turning axis of earth would be perpendicular to the plane on which we move around the Sun.

Anyways, having seasons on RK would be out of scale. Each region would have to be built several times and each update would have to be made on each seasons version. It would thus require much more effort than the possible gain would justify.

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    bamp for that! I'd like that.
    Aye. Dynamic lighting is something we might see in the new engine and could even work with muzzleflashes and things like that.
    Last edited by Tethien; Feb 29th, 2008 at 13:30:44.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Because the planet is a hot one. Rain is easy when it's hot out, snow not so much.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Because the planet is a hot one. Rain is easy when it's hot out, snow not so much.
    wel dun capton obfeus
    Forma 2 tym Fresman
    (farmed of Eseb 1nd tym, of Alynica 2rd tym) 1 tym Rookie (farmed of Ilfbunny) Kurrent Fresman (farmed of Rillie) Vinnie "Obliteratr" Bruno - 220/26/64 Enfozer
    Forma 1 tym Fresman (farmed of Enforcersmok) Killem "Agentfaux" All - 210/10/32 Ajent

Soup on der ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast