Thread: professional quests. profession-related rewards.

professional quests. profession-related rewards.

rk quest rings are nice

hope you got my idea
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

HUGE bump for this.

I've been thinking about this myself, and I think it's a great idea - one that is long overdue imo.

The latest series of quests are great, but they have all been profession-generic in terms of content (even if the rewards are prof specific). While I can appreciate the simplicity of that from a design perspective, I'd really like to see a set of 'fixer grid style' quests that develop the background & role of each profession separately, as they fit into the world of rubi ka.

I understand that, if done right, this would be a huge undertaking in terms of content volume (basically I'm thinking something like the new DB/Peacekeeper Constad quest, but x 15; one for each profession), but I think the benefit, with regard to the player's sense of immersion when identifying with their profession, would be well worth it.

More specifically, I would like to see, at the very least, two new npc representatives for each & every prof, that the player would meet with several times during their particular quest line. During these encounters, the player would learn much more about 'what's going on in the world of [insert prof here].

The rewards should be worthwhile ofc (see my sig for my ma reward suggestion ), but I'm primarily interested in the storyline used to better link each profession with Rubi-Ka.
    Last edited by Vlain; Mar 31st, 2008 at 02:18:05.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

If they really wanted to do this idea justice, they could incorporate it into the next paid-for booster pack (like LE), and use it as an opportunity to expand/advance the larger story of RK, SL, & the aliens.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

Yes
    Quest for NTs = kite 50 Dustbrigade Soldiers
    I mine for notum

...Black Sunday...
    [Pakema]: omni did much for block our better ppl
    [Pakema]: i havnt may
    [Pakema]: all say
    [Pakema]: You have entered dishonorable and will be penalized
    [Pakema]: Bad that some players have got perma bath

Heh, here's an idea:

Make the final encounter a solo encounter where the final boss is some kind of master-turned-bad within the player's profession, and have each boss backed up by a couple of cronies who's profession represents the nemesis professions as outlined by our pvp nanos.

For example, enforcer's have a nemesis nano against ma's, thus the final boss for the martial artist quest would be an evil master martial artist, with a couple of enforcer cronies that the MA has to solo.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by Vlain; Mar 31st, 2008 at 00:44:55.

~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Picsel View Post
    Yes
    Quest for NTs = kite 50 Dustbrigade Soldiers
    lol

Anyway, it will be nice actually to get q auest that u can do SOLO, after this all team stuff. Sometime we get tired of eachother.

Bump! But less love for lubchilds plxxor!
    Master #1 "Stabbah" Shadeh
    220/30/70 Atrox Shade
    #1 Vindicator Trox Shade!
    Stabbah looted Kyr'Ozch Invasion Plan from Remains of Artillery Commander.

If you can tab 'em, gank 'em!

Bump, but make rewards like a certain amount of victory points + prof specific item, like a nanodeck booster which adds prof-specific buffs to the rather useless nanodecks.

I noticed that, apart from the people who could grind for weeks on BS at launch of LE, none of my toons can get enough victory points (unless through months of grinding) for the hugely expensive 300 rings and such.

Would like to see solo-parts in those quests though. I hate 100% teambased quests: my fixer still needs to do the informant part, but almost impossible to find teams.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

I think the whole darn thing should be one giant solo quest tbh - would be a nice change of pace.

It's hard to take the time to really read & appreciate the story dialogue if you have a team badgering you to 'hurry it up'.
    Last edited by Vlain; Apr 1st, 2008 at 18:47:09.

~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    It's hard to take the time to really read & appreciate the story dialogue if you have a team badgering you to 'hurry it up'.
    Soo true.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.