Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social utility slot

Social utility slot

This was brought up in ONE of the multiple threads about the social tab and pvp/inspect, blah blah. But to begin with it's tangential to that topic, and for another thing I can't even remember where it was.

Please give us at least one social utility slot on the social tab for our angels/devils/parrots/lights/lightbars/halos/whatevers. Not only do we need the light, it's just nice to have!

On a personal level, when my kids look over my shoulder at my toons, they always look for my angel floating over my right shoulder. I always get an "Aw, but mom!" when a toon has reached the point I have to sacrifice the angel for a utility item. People used to look for me on my main in-game for it, too! "How'd you find me in the crowd?" "Advie cloak, pistols, angel on your shoulder."

OK, OK, it's silly, but it's nice to have those little personal touches, and it's kind of a bummer when they come up on the chopping block for utility reasons...the whole point of the social tab to begin with. So please! Util slot too!

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Nice idea.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

%500 Agreed. A huge bump.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Let light bars actually function in it, too. Would be insanely helpful in dark rooms.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I just assumed they would have Util/Hud slots in the social tab. If their not then thats really important

I mean there is a bunch of cool torch/wen wen/ decoration util items that are never used on high lvl mains due to the fact that they just waste a spot.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Giving up my floating pumpkin was the hardest thing I ever did in this game... I still haven't got over it =(

bump!
    220 Keeper
    United (ex-Legion, gone but never forgotten)

Currently on Sporeggar Horde with the Goon Squad!!

this gets an ultrabump

Great idea
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

not sure about others but I got the impression that the social tab was a copy of the clothing tab... perhaps if we are lucky it can be placed in a neck slot and made to work?

BUMP for ambient light source not taking away from ability. Don't want to gouge out my eyes to wear contact lenses etc. "OH! +100 perception... but now I cant see because it's so dark."
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

I've made suggestions like that before, mostly about the light thing. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=517358 It would be really nice to have a light slot in the new social clothing tab because some parts of this game really are way to dark. And it's not like any of these items add to any stats anyways.
    Betos 220/23 Solitus Engineer
    Kalenth 212/12 Solitus Doctor

http://world-of-dungeons.net/?link_eb_51408

I get around it somewhat by using Night Vision Goggles a lot. VERY helpful in mission buildings. It would appear that in the future, no-one needs to actually be able to see where they're going, for some reason that isnt explained to us.

Also, its bloody dark in the SL too. However, instead of the NVG working well in low light, you have to wait until its at its darkest if you dont want to go blind immediatly. Dont even think about using them in Penumbra...

So yes, having a slot thats independant of the rest of the setup thats purely for use with a light source gets a massive thumbs up from me. If I can throw the NVG in there instead, even better.

Or maybe you know, just put some more lights up on the walls?
    Typical, you wait ages for a bugfix, then none come along at once.

bump, and maybe allow light sources to work while morphed, even if the floating ball isn't visible...my adventurer is flying blind! hrm for some reason i seem to remember wolf form giving night vision...maybe i'm just confused

bump, but not for light when morphed ;p

Hehe super bump to this, I dont think having good lighting should gimp your setup. This has always bothered me.. Good idea and I hope they already plan to do this. (Since utils are the same tab as weapons it wouldnt surprise me)

bump fr the dudette people refer me to as as an alt
    j00 r0xx0r, sayonora!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phyxal33t!!!!
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1484/phyxleetao8.jpg

I'm a cynic by nature, especially my online self. Now one can say gamers and the personalities they display online are no different to the real, but that's not really the point of this thread. But in what was going to be an explanation to my position, I recall a quote (from another forum, but the person who wrote it wasn't all that clever, so he probably stole it himself, as I'm about to do too).

"[Forum] is a magnifying glass, not a funhouse mirror."

Anyway. Back on topic. So I'm a cynic. When I read that social tab, I immediately assumed, one sleeve (maybe two, just for the sake of balanced appearance), boots, gloves, chest, legs, helm, back. And nothing else.

But this tab will fit in the same EQ window as everything else, yes? Which means there's potential for up to 15 spaces used in this screen.

So here's what would be ideal. A semi functional social window.

Social: Boots, Legs, Gloves, Sleeves, Body, Helmet, Back. No function beyond appearance.

Social: Utils 1-3 (as a single slot, that is to say a 'utils' that isn't numbered, and will accept any gear locked for utils 1-3 with a visible mesh. Or any Utils 1-3 at all, really. But of course anything locked for utils 1-3 could fit, but what would be the point of one that doesn't have a visible mesh.)

Semi-Social: Ring1, Ring2, Hud1, Hud3.

Ring 1 and Ring 2 being able to accept any old ring you feel like. But the only functions that work while equipped in a social tag would be the zone protections. That is to say you could wear a HHaB and not get the buffs, and/or an inferno ring.

As for Hud1, a worn key for the purposes of warps or just keeping it handy without losing it in a sea of bags, again, without the NCU and/or treatment etc benefit. As for a hud3, no scopes. But perhaps allowing the semi-functional equipping of the newer Battlestation Hud3's, and the new Dust Brigade Hud3's.

Now I realise I've come across before as a huge advocate for forcing innovation and choice through a series of hard trade offs - namely I really like the idea of being forced out of my scope for a global research advantage. But since the game went through 17 odd series of revision with just scopes, and now we're getting several choices, seems like we could use a semi functional expansion on hud3. Perhaps with some sort of restriction or trade off.

I've been out of the game for six months, so I'm quite 'out of the loop' as it were. Perhaps allowing the Battlestation huds equipped socially but they only have half-power (ie, 50% overequipped, shaded in red), or if the Dust brigade huds do anything except enable a nano, those extra effects be cancelled while worn socially.

I don't really draft my ideas, I just pour them out and see what the response is. So. Sorry for derailing. Perhaps someone will find this position interesting, or at least disagree with it loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    I
    As for Hud1, a worn key for the purposes of warps.
    THAT would be nice. I can't hotswap my garden keys on my main anymore, and have sacrificied my ability to use my Shadowlands recall for another Hud item. Hud/Util is too crowded. I'm guessing that goes too far into functional to allow it, though.

As for ring protection...nice idea, but just getting too far away from the "social only" tab and starting to put actual armor buffs there. So, IMO, no.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

10 fingers plx
    220/23 Agent // 220/19 Doc // 174/23 Shade // 170/22 Keeper// 165/21 NT // 160/14 Advy

BM of Komodo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast