Thread: Wish List Update: Shadowlands Damage Nanos

Wish List Update: Shadowlands Damage Nanos

Currently the wishlist entry stands as:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    1. Shadowland Damage Nanos:
    • The stacking bug aside, these nanos require so many skills to cast; making them utterly unusable as they tend to be a destructive IP sink. That being mentioned, we'd like the bug fixed either way .
    I believe the bug has been fixed reliably, though admittedly only because it became an Issue for other professions, what I would like to confirm is that Agents in general still feel as if the Nano skill requirements are too high, particularly for the post level 200 requirement versions.

Bearing in mind we do now have access to True Profession which should in theory make casting of them easier, though In practice it doesn't make any real difference as far as I'm concerned, I can still cast the same Shadowland Damage Nano Formulas as I could before getting access to True Profession, and the complexities involved in casting True profession make it easier to wait 20 minutes for Mimic Trader to run off and gain the benefits of the Drains and Plunders in combat for a while.

Edit: I have Rooted this thread and I'll keep it rooted for a week to allow people to see it, discuss it and give their oppinions.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Jan 9th, 2008 at 18:06:53.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

So this is only our wish or we have to create new wishlist here?

I'm basically trying to gather feedback on each of the items on the old wishlist, but I don't want to spam the forums with too many threads at once, so I'm going down the current list in turn to get feedback to see if each item is still considered important to other agents and If so I'll add it to the new wish list, if not I won't.

I figure this is the best way to get individual feedback on each item on the list from the community as a whole, rather than just rewritting the list as it stands.

In this case, whether Agents still feel that the Nano Skill requirements on the Shadowlands damage procs are too high or not considering the recent changes?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

yes the sl dmage nanos have too high reqs.we can only cast our 220 nano with a crapload of gear osb armor for nanao skills and trader drains ...for that effort i want a 6 hrs nnao in my ncu that does not dissapear when i die.

Hmm, not as much feedback as I was hoping, Unsticking this thread to let the forums take their natural cause now the threads had a week near the top, next item on the list has been stuck to the top. Feedback still appreciated on this topic though.

Guess it did not get so much feedback since everybody since years knows that it's true. Nobody uses the top of the line SL damage buffs, they are not worth the effort.

The fix would be very welcome and wanted, there's not much to be discussed about it, that's why the thread did not get many posts. (It was stickied, so why to bump it? )
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post
    Guess it did not get so much feedback since everybody since years knows that it's true. Nobody uses the top of the line SL damage buffs, they are not worth the effort.

The fix would be very welcome and wanted, there's not much to be discussed about it, that's why the thread did not get many posts. (It was stickied, so why to bump it? )
    Well the idea was to try and get some more current feedback on the nano formulas, it's been on the wish list a while and some of the things on the list feel rather outdated, I'm just trying to get some current references and feedback on what other agents still feel to be issues that should be on our wishlist.

reduce requirements of all accordingly so that the top one would match the nano skill needed by the new LE nanos at most

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    reduce requirements of all accordingly so that the top one would match the nano skill needed by the new LE nanos at most
    Agreed on that. I may not be 220 yet but it seems like they are still too high of reqs.
    Jerachim "FlakMunky" Artul - Lv. 220 AI 21 Agent Equip
    Veteran - Rising Phoenix
    Flakforce - Lv.60 AI 6 Enforcer Equip
    Flakster - Leveling currently

One one hand, I like that not every agent can cast the top damage procs at ease, but then again, I can't use these nanos when I'd like to the most; BS and at reclaim trying to get to war.

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    /agree
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

The alternative would be to empower the top SL formulas so that the investment becomes worth the effort.

I mean, we're doing fine with Sickening nanos and a NR2 setup. Giving up NR2 should give access to nanos with benefits equal to Trauma/Harm ones. And someone who really focuses on his nanoskills (which means lower AR, Evades and HP should be rewarded with much better nanos, with benefit equal to say, double the current top ones). If the Devs don't want to tone the reqs down a bit, maybe they could empower the current nanos a bit. Of course, the final result is more or less the same.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

I'd like to see a hybrid, so we get both the nanos and both procs in 1 nano. So it take less ncu.

Or how about some ncu-buffs instead?
    Last edited by monique; Jan 19th, 2008 at 08:49:52.

Ebondevil,

To be quite honest, and I know I'm not the best of all agents out there, there are only a few things that I've been wanting in terms of a new toolkit for an agent, if you would please read on..

-Revamped AS. There are several ways in which I believe would significantly improve the much outdated "Aimed Shot" attack in which would be not only useful to us, but fair to others in the big picture of equality. Here are some of my ideas.
    - 5% chance proc that AS will unlock upon use, allowing a second consecutive aimed shot to occur
    - 10% chance proc that AS damage will split between three seperate attacks using three seperate ammo rounds, each .5s apart.
    - 10% chance proc that AS will activate one of the main perks, making it unavoidable to target (ofc unless AS does not land due to blockers, sheilding, ect)

- Damage Alignment. This involves complete restructuring of the current SL damage increasing nano line, focusing primarily on one nano that takes many things into account and then, via pre-determined algorithm based on the players skill set, to determain the amount of damage boost gained, and a set of percent procs equaling to 50% one of them will land. Also scaled to the average nano-skills of the agent at which level they use it at.
    - I.E. 1 nano with five procs with a 10% chance that one of them will land but they must not stack together, damage boosting algorithm would be somewhere along the lines of (AR + Rifle)/10. So someone with 2400 AR, 1800 rifle would get a +420 damage boost to all damage types.

- Rethought Nano Timers
    Self-Explainitory

- More usefulness and fun
    A way to switch sides to the other team while in sneak to get an idea of what they're doing, a way of communicating and instigating a single AS-Powered volley of attacks with other agents against a given target while in sneak, a way to cast things that appear to be something they're not (I.E. Faking being in a mech to make people in turrets scared) ect..

Are they perfect? No. But we need something rethought, 1 attack + 4-5 perks is old, and not everyone is willing to lose all their PvM abilities just to be able to hotswap for PE and gank anyone at anytime.