Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish List Update: Reconceal Ability

Wish List Update: Reconceal Ability

Ok, next Item on the list:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    3. Reconceal Ability:
    • It's what we do best, why not do it again!
    This is a fairly recent addition maybe only a year or two old and if I recall got some good responses at the time, question is:
    Do we still want it?
    If so, what do people feel would be the best way it could be implemented?
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

you want to be able to go into hide in fight?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Basically yes, it's about the only action in game that is restricted by fighting, I'm not saying that we should be able to do so instantly or without restriction, but the theory was to add a mechanism that would allow agents to break from a fight by hiding.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

So Alpha, rehide, and some1 else kills em and u get title points?

OKAYYYY

Hmm. Title points would not be the only open question here.

What happens when you use it while being targeted in PvP? The persons targeting you loose you from lock and you are safe or you stay in lock gain nothing?

For PvP, it would be an awesome tool and i would love to have it. Although i guess it would need some restriction, else it can get too overpowered.

Worst case scenario: AS a mob, reconceal. AS 11.7 seconds later again, reconceal again. Repeat till the fight is won. While it sounds like a lot of fun to do at the start, it would mess up game mechanics a lot, if the suggestion is to be implemented, some serious regulating game mechanics will be required.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

I would agree with that, a suggestion a while ago was for some Agent nano formulas to be set as Visual Profession == Agent, so we couldn't cast them while under the effects of any kind of mimic, if this were to be implemented as such a nano, would agents stay as agents sacrificing CH for re-concealment?

Would we want better defences instead of this kind of thing, re-concealment was an idea since agents are very good at hiding while other defences like Cocoon and acrobat are unlikely to become a part of our tool-set, should it be a perk special that can be used every few minutes, basically, what would be the best way of implementing a re-concealment so that it would give us a good defence in line with the agent profession which would not overpower Agents?

I like the re-conceal idea.

As for implementation and restrictions... How about an insta-cast nano like Absolute Concentration that will restrict fighting against you, like when you encounter those sided-mobs in missions. This nano should last about 3s, enough time for you to conceal. If it's possible for a nano to put you in sneak, that would be ideal. The downside: you would not be able to attack anyone for 30s. It could also set your weapon skills to 1 during that time. To prevent abuse from reconcealing at will, it should have a 7min cooldown - Recovering from Fade.
    Last edited by Cheree; Jan 18th, 2008 at 01:33:45.

Hmm, mixed feelings on this.

The perk option with it being useable once every two minutes or so (five seems too much, actually) sounds like a good idea, but i wonder which perkline it would belong into. It would make sense in Assassin, Black Ops, Made and Shadowsneak at the same time. Thus i would prefer it to be a nano, actually.

The limitation of visual prof does not sound good to me. I would go for other limitations. I think the way of Absolute Concentration / Gnat's Wing would be the best, so it could be reused every two minutes again. It would preferable if the nano would directly put you into sneak. For the non-attackable functionality i see several issues. If it takes too long, some people will consider it unfair. While at the same time, if it is too short, using it with even a small ammount of lag is not working. (Even more if you consider that currently perks quite regularily block the immediate executions of nanos at the moment, making proper timing sure possible, but a nuisance. )

Thus the simple functionality of making us not attackable is not doing it.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Interesting, but:

How about making reconcealing only possible in PvM, when not under attack yourself, so you can do another AS?

Or how about making it possible to AS without having to conceal after a certain amount of Concealment skill? This can bring agents (partially, anyway) on par again damage wise in PvM without changing ANYTHING in PvP.

Soldiers can FA every 11s. Why can't agents AS every 11s. Except for some crappy RP reasons.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Interesting, but:

How about making reconcealing only possible in PvM, when not under attack yourself, so you can do another AS?
    That's been possible for a loong time.

And i'd rather have something added to our toolset that doesn't require us to go in mimic, preferably some kind of defense that would be useful when you're debuffed which happens pretty much even with nr1/2.
    Last edited by Joachim; Jan 18th, 2008 at 12:20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    That's been possible for a loong time.
    I don't really think the way it is now is "working as intended".... Since if you wait a moment too long, you can't re-AS.

Oh well, bump.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I don't really think the way it is now is "working as intended".... Since if you wait a moment too long, you can't re-AS.

Oh well, bump.
    If you ask me, we shouldn't even have to sneak to use AS. With every profession that use AS, some professions that even got better weapons wtih AS than us that's the least thing we should get.

Ability to re-AS a mob after ..hmm? 2k conceal, (or a figure that only agents could get)

in the same way that Backstab isnt enabled til a certain amount.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Ability to re-AS a mob after ..hmm? 2k conceal, (or a figure that only agents could get)

in the same way that Backstab isnt enabled til a certain amount.

Var
    Or like fixers loot bonus stuff: If you spent a certain amount of IP into Concealment, you get the re-AS stuff.

Other profs can max BE too at 220, but wont get that bonus

shouldnt it lock sneak for like 10 minutes then?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Beware of the WoW rogue

Hmm but interesting idea- maybe adding ability to reconceal in fight just as if you werent in fight that homever will requere "VisualProf=agent" (as in no TMS/CH or anything else) could add an interesting way of playing agent.

Fot that matter agent already can do something somewhat samiliar in FP fixer: you dont have any defenses, but you dissapear after attack no matter how many people agro you
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

The Reconceal ability would be nice especially in PvM. DD would increas and then maybe more teams would want an agent in team. PvP i can see where the other professions will cry. so what i say. Engis "our nemisis ROLF" get nasty blockers. solds FA anfter FA and TMS, doc.. heal heal heal, traders drains out the wazuu steal ams ect . NT NS triple nukes, MA and fixer so much evades iget sick, MP best passive def in game, keepers aura's, shades.. well we are in the same boat, crats stuns plus bad@$$ pets and calms, advy same as doc but better AR, enfo stuns and ridiculous HP and best alpha in game. agents??? well i think they can cope with us being able to reconceal.
    i think there should be a stun/mezz running so that we could sneak in middle of fight
    "Mother are they goin to drop the bomb"

How about re-as too? (pvm)

Could we have one general thread of our wishlist rather than many threads concerning some topics?
    Im particularly not bothered with SL dmg procs since with NR2 I won't cast them at all.
    With conceal I am not bothered since it is reseted. I can AS pande and easy mishes and thats enough, and in pvp I don't sneak usually.
    What I am concerned is nano cost/delta/init items.
    I have veery tough choice to keep my ql300 r.wrist symbiant which is uber or replace it with ql300 imp with nano delta. With nano delta imp I could duel bit better but w/o symb it lowers my AR/runspeed and I have to spend another 70points in sharp objects to keep ability to use Tears which would suck .
    So keeping nano somehow is my main concern atm but there is no thread where I could express that (sorta whiney ).

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    Could we have one general thread of our wishlist rather than many threads concerning some topics?
    Im particularly not bothered with SL dmg procs since with NR2 I won't cast them at all.
    With conceal I am not bothered since it is reseted. I can AS pande and easy mishes and thats enough, and in pvp I don't sneak usually.
    What I am concerned is nano cost/delta/init items.
    I have veery tough choice to keep my ql300 r.wrist symbiant which is uber or replace it with ql300 imp with nano delta. With nano delta imp I could duel bit better but w/o symb it lowers my AR/runspeed and I have to spend another 70points in sharp objects to keep ability to use Tears which would suck .
    So keeping nano somehow is my main concern atm but there is no thread where I could express that (sorta whiney ).
    I will be covering all the current items on the wish list, I'm sorry if this method is not to your liking, but I'm trying to do my best and this seemed the most logical way, the reason I'm using one thread for each is to get in-depth feedback on each item, more of the topics haven't appeared yet as I don't want to spam the forums with 13+ different threads all at once and have some or most items overlooked, once the each item is covered I can also reference these threads in the new wish list so those that view the wish list later can see the discussions and reasons behind each item.

Since Nano cost is currently on the wish list I will be starting a thread for it's discussion soon, which would be a good time to bring up Nano Delta as well as Nano Init. but by all means feel free to start your own thread on it sooner, that too will help get an idea of how important it is to Agents.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast