Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Updated AO engine movie

Updated AO engine movie

Age of Conan engine be used in AO! Who can see it - know what is it!

Alpha version preview, but anyway thats awesome!
    bumpmapping, shaders and many more!

20 mb video trailer
    http://pub.goha.ru/games/conan/oslo_...ailer-480p.wmv

40mb video trailer
    http://pub.goha.ru/games/conan/oslo_...ailer-720p.wmv

Thank to Sil for kind permission place here this links!
    Last edited by Mavritanic; Jan 23rd, 2008 at 16:47:41.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

fixed

Thhats really cooooool!

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

I tought it was a rickroll, and HOLY CRAP IT'S NOT !

Edit : Still Alive

Edit edit : Damn now I'm puzzled, AO or Conan ? Or both ?

Edit edit edit : Now !
    Last edited by Boltgun; Jan 19th, 2008 at 13:37:31.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Current Ingame Screenshot at highest settings

Trailer Screen Capture of same scene

Shadowing effects look nice, and there's been obviously an assload of work done on water, but I really hope more enhancements are coming our way. Looking at some textures, not all, would be kickass as well.
    Last edited by Threeze; Jan 19th, 2008 at 14:03:58.

Yep this needs various stages of update to the old props and bump mapped textures.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Nice, though the new effects really show off the bad texture resolution in some places...

Did the link get taken down? And in that case could some kind soul upload a torrent of it?

Hello.

From the picture postet it looks very very good.

Will there be a movie up and running Wednesday from a trailer of the new engine?

Thanks.

From Kehaan.
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

Figures it's the russians breaking the NDAs
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Relax, I just found this links on some forum, and i not have now active NDA.
    If you try, you can found this too

"... who are you, then?"

The video was prepared for the press tour attending a press tour for Age of Conan here in Oslo on Friday. I admit I wasn't expecting them to get it up so fast but yes, it is official and it is footage from the alpha version of the new rendering engine.

One slight correction is that I believe some of the sites have credited as being the Conan engine, which isn't the case, the updates to the new anarchy engine are being developed independently and its not the same engine tech as we have said before the engine for Conan isn't backwards compatible with the AO engine.

It is looking fantastic and the guys here are doing a great job on it so we wanted people to be able to see the progress so far
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

So, you don't really seem upset about it being leaked (apparently?). Should make a news post and make it an official newsbit instead of having everybody else teased I saw it, and it looks really nice. I'm half tempted to say to just release it now and work out the bugs/rest as you go, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    So, you don't really seem upset about it being leaked (apparently?). Should make a news post and make it an official newsbit instead of having everybody else teased I saw it, and it looks really nice. I'm half tempted to say to just release it now and work out the bugs/rest as you go, lol
    It wasn't leaked, the sites were allowed to post it, they only just left Oslo early this morning so just wasn't quite expecting them to have it up so quickly! We will make sure its linked and posted on the main AO site during the week
    Old Timer

and the new engine will support dx10?

Quote Originally Posted by tinballs View Post
    and the new engine will support dx10?
    We arent developing specifically for DX10 no, it will be updated to DX9 with the options for later development down the line. The first priority is bringing it up to date in the first place. So the new engine will not require or utilise DX10 when released.
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Threeze View Post
    Current Ingame Screenshot at highest settings

Trailer Screen Capture of same scene

Shadowing effects look nice, and there's been obviously an assload of work done on water, but I really hope more enhancements are coming our way. Looking at some textures, not all, would be kickass as well.
    Looks awesome. Once they get done with the engine, new textures would definitely be nice. I'd rather they work on the engine and get that all worked out first, though, so that the textures don't slow down progress

The VIDEO is looking fantastic and I am hoping that when its released I will be able to play again
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 19th, 2008 at 20:47:11.

Nice, just hope you get it online this year
    Barronto 220/30 doc \ Juma 220/30 sol \ Armz 220/30 crat \ Ohohh 220/30 enf
    Ilmon 220/30 fix \ Npop 220/30 keep \ Notech1 220/30 agent \ Naugtynoty 220/30 nt
    Whotokick 220/30 ma \ Ashola 220/30 engy \ Jusey 220/30 mp \ Trashear 220/30 shade
    Vitz 220/30 adv \ Nkip 220/30 trader \ Jummy 220/24 sol
    And alot of other alt's

Yeah; one thing that has been a conversation topic with me and my friends about the engine (and even on these forums) that I wonder if you can answer:

A new engine is of course a priority. It helps with so many things, including further expansion. But, when the new engine is released (or maybe during its development) are there any plans on to give the graphics an overhaul to better show off the engine, and, possibly even "relaunch" AO so to speak? (I guess that is a 2 part question).

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast