Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List Update: Nanocost

Wish List Update: Nanocost

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    5. Nanocost:
    • We can't see why Nanocost was only introduced in the last 2 perks on The Made AI line. We need more of this to compensate for the Mimic costs, either by Agent-only items, and/or perks.
    This issue has been raised and requested for discussion in another thread as well, so I'm going to get it started as well and open for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    What I am concerned is nano cost/delta/init items.
    I have veery tough choice to keep my ql300 r.wrist symbiant which is uber or replace it with ql300 imp with nano delta. With nano delta imp I could duel bit better but w/o symb it lowers my AR/runspeed and I have to spend another 70points in sharp objects to keep ability to use Tears which would suck .
    So keeping nano somehow is my main concern atm but there is no thread where I could express that.
    There is now Biggysmallz

For Nanocost we have recently received new Items, Ofab Agent Sleeves and Special Edition Helmet, as well as research, Intuition 9 granting us a potential extra -17% Nanocost, -19% with Made perks as well, which does go a long way to helping, I think however that more -%nanocost would be nice.

As for Nano Init. we have recently received Agent's Ring of Aim which is a big help to those who would be short otherwise, whterh we need more or not, I don't know, I believe after 1200 nano init, the reduction in time to cast nano's only decreases 1 second for every 600 points of nano init, 200 points per second reduction before 1200, with my Nano init at 1336 without the ring, I'd need another 400 to 500 points of Nano Init. to make a difference, whether this is the same for others though I don't know, nor do I know how much the Agg/Def Slider effects things, I can virtually instantly cast CH at full def though.

Finally some Nano Delta would be nice to have, lots would be very nice, as far as I can tell we don't have any items that add to it for our profession, nor do any of our symbiants add to it, and yet we have nano formulas that require huge amounts of Nano to cast.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

While there are a few ways to help us out in each of these areas, there is probably one thing that stands out in my mind that people have suggested before - Support symbs. Access to the support line would give us more possibilities for implant/symb selection and possibly increasing our versatility a bit. e.g. support symbs give up to a 17% nano cost reduction and up to 70 nano delta with ql300.

Granted it is not a magical fix all, but I think it would help us out in certain situations/setups. (Just an example of one possiblity here compared to a set of ql300 artillery - minus head implant)
    Jerachim "FlakMunky" Artul - Lv. 220 AI 21 Agent Equip
    Veteran - Rising Phoenix
    Flakforce - Lv.60 AI 6 Enforcer Equip
    Flakster - Leveling currently

Spirit Infused CPU Upgrade and Range Increaser

I think you should consider checking this out seems reasonable, especially for the fact that we are one of the few who uses HCPU for so long and so much to maintain an anti-cost.

Thanks for the reminder, Items to Increase Range on Nano formulas would alos probably be very helpful.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Achromic View Post
    Spirit Infused CPU Upgrade and Range Increaser

I think you should consider checking this out seems reasonable, especially for the fact that we are one of the few who uses HCPU for so long and so much to maintain an anti-cost.
    Forgot about those. Read Hyde's post a while ago and liked the idea. Those would be quite helpful.
    Jerachim "FlakMunky" Artul - Lv. 220 AI 21 Agent Equip
    Veteran - Rising Phoenix
    Flakforce - Lv.60 AI 6 Enforcer Equip
    Flakster - Leveling currently

nothing to see here
    Last edited by Biggysmallz; May 3rd, 2008 at 12:38:10.

You forgot battle kits. I find at tl5 I can CH with about 8% nanocost after mimic and 5.1k nano about 10-12 times

using first aid kits and battle kits.

If I only used nano regain+first aid kits I wouldn't nearly last as long.

I think agents are fine with nano regen, they aren't supposed to be able to heal indefinitely imo

Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    I think agents are fine with nano regen, they aren't supposed to be able to heal indefinitely imo
    I agree, it should be one of our weakness.

You can and you should be able to with CH, only if we get diferent heals then CH I would agree to that.

nothig stopping you from using LE

nothig stopping you from using LE
    It doesn't do anything of significance in the game of TL7 healer.
    If we get better heals, I think our cost is ok but I'd like to see it boosted some

I got all GPH/Spirit-Shroud/Custom Imps/Pande ncu/Jathos/HI-specs and things tho, not everyone does so it's a good thing if we get more.
    Last edited by monique; Jan 25th, 2008 at 09:54:14.

LE is daily business for me, i wouldn't underestimate this nano. (Just as an example, we did Inferno Garden Key without a doc. All healing was supplied by the MPs healpet and me in mimic doc. I don't want to know how things would have ended if i would have had to rely on CH to keep the tank alive. LE might not be too powerful, but usually it allows the tank to build up enough agro to offset the occasional CH in between. ) I still wish for a better healing tool, but for the moment it must suffice. But i guess, asking for better mimic-able nanos will be another thread, so enough of this here.

My feelings to nanocost are mixed. I've built my setup very much towards nano efficiency, i operate with -35% costs unbuffed (-20% in mimic) and with genious perk and nano stims/coils, i still manage to run out of nano in some situations. But i think that handling your nanos is one of the challenge which should not be taken away from the Agent.

We have real problems to be fixed, nanocosts is something you can work around by finetuning your setup, keeping an eye on your nanopool and only using what the situation really demands. (Sure, there are situations where you go down due to lack of nano, e.g. when you burnt your complete nano pool with CH within very short time. But these are situations where something already went wrong before you were forced to chain-CH, it's not our nanocosts to be blamed. )

So at least in my oppinion, other topics would deserve attention and nanocosts may stay as they are.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    200 points per second reduction before 1200, with my Nano init at 1336 without the ring, I'd need another 400 to 500 points of Nano Init. to make a difference
    You make it sound like getting more nano init does nothing until you hit the breakpoint marker which is not true.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Plus, he didn't mention that you need 1500 nano init WHILE IN MIMIC. That makes 2250 nano init base. And that is not easy.

So basically, we need a combination of nano init, nano cost reducer, and nano delta - the casting package, so to say. Hopefully, FunCom will remember our casting abilities one day, as it stands now they regard us at being ranged damage dealers (ignoring the fact that we lack pvm damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post
    But i guess, asking for better mimic-able nanos will be another thread, so enough of this here.
    I see you again in that thread then ^^

This is from the old list Only made, and since then we got cost from LE, some nice nano-init items (thanks kink) but no delta AFAIK.
    Last edited by monique; Jan 25th, 2008 at 17:33:55.

Sad thing is advs get support symbs and we dont !!

This has always bugged me, but personally I'm against Agents getting Support Symbs, If I wanted to see us get any form of another symbiant type, I'd say it'd be more proper for us to get Extermination symb set. Yes I know all the whines about the fact that Support is agi/sense which is hugely supportive for the mass of Opifex agents out there, but I don't see the reason why not Agents can't have Int/Psy set, think about what really makes the difference when it comes to nanos and your nanopool, it's Int/Psy based abilities....

Also "Extermination" is a more fitting name for Agent than "Support"

Neither one is EVER going to happen anyway, so I'm pretty sure we can forget about asking for a different set of symbiants.

Personally I don't have too much trouble with my nano when it comes to casting CH, I think I'm at something like 25% nanocost without HNCU, probably about 70 nano delta (because of guild notum silo) and a stupidly easy 2second nanodelta tick (nanomage) as well as the 11k nanopool, but hey, that's me as nanomage, which I still don't see why NM Agent hasn't caught on really yet, I mean come on people, look at Agent's strengths and Agent's weaknesses, NM pretty much covers the weaknesses, and doesn't even really effect the strengths enough to call it gimping

17.7k HP, 11k NP, 2500 AR, not too bad really overall considering how crappy my symbiants are (still 190-240), and my gear still is not complete, but I'm lazy recently... (just using 2 4gem hp bracers for example) Anyhow, answer to solve all Agent nano problems... Reroll NM
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

2500 AR wont even perk a keeper in a normal setup... I alone have 2.7k dodge defence and thats just with ofab sleeves.

Im guessing you're not 220 yet?

2500 AR wont even perk a keeper in a normal setup... I alone have 2.7k dodge defence and thats just with ofab sleeves.

Im guessing you're not 220 yet?
    I am 220, I have been for a long time, I'm "NOT" AR setup, and I don't care about perking Keepers these days anyway..
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

well 2500 isnt enough to perk most things..... I think you'l find some of the good atrox enforcers dodging your perks, hell you wont even be able to perk a trader..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast