Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish List Update: False/Assume/Mimic

Wish List Update: False/Assume/Mimic

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    7. False/Assume/Mimic line:
    • An extention to the duration, being 20 minutes, to the line. That or changing the way mimic is hostile and how it operates.
    • If that was too much to ask for, then a mere refreshing of the currently casted mimic is highly required.
    Well we're getting the ability to refresh the current False/Assume/Mimic Profession as of 17.8 which is great, so what else needs to be done with the way mimic works, what further improvements could it have?

I'm still of the opinion that it should automatically cast a friendly mimic at the end of it lasting 40 minutes, this would be of great benefit itself, allowing for it to be cancelled after the initial 20 minutes has passed.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Make it last longer...and MORE NANOZ!

20 minutes still is a pain, but for some tasks it's just the right thing. Since i dare to assume that we won't ever get the proposed version, where mimic is hostile for 20 minutes and then turns friendly, i would rather propose a fourth step of mimics.

Call it emulate, counterfeit or impersonate [profession], give it the very same modifiers as mimic but change the duration to 1 hour and put requirements to like 1k of BM, PM and SI.

That way we'd also have 1 hour of mimic (recastable), this would perfectly do the job. 2 Hours would be even cooler, but i doubt we could ever get that.

Anyways, i don't think we need more duration so very much now. Within the 20 minutes of duration there are always a few seconds when i am not busy and can recast, i have the habbit of regularily checking my mimics duration, i think with the new flexibility the 20 minutes duration also is bearable.

My priority would be on having more nanos at hand. The easiest way would be to get the lower level SL nanos of different professions. (Having access to Assauge Pain and Cellular Recuperation in mimic doc would just be awesome, for example. )

Thus my wishlistlist would be:
    - Adventurer: Lifecure
    - Crat: Empowered Distracted Gaze, Empowered Anger Addlement, Empowered Sleep, Empowered Demotivate
    - Doc: Cellular Recuperation, Assauge Pain
    - Fixer: Shadow Step, Shadow Trail {Guess there's no way we could get NCU-buffage. }
    - Meta-Physicist: Calling of Curatem The Grand, Calling of Altumus, Calling of The Vivificator {I guess no way for Composite Mochams. }
    - Soldier: a bunch of the SL reflection auras, since RK reflects do not work in SL. But i consider it low priority, basically Mimic Soldier is quite fine already.

For Enforcer, Nano-Technician and Trader i right now have no wishlist, the mimic for them is all fine, i wouldn't know what to wish for which would not be unfair against those professions if we'd get it. Mimic Engineer currently is quite useless but as long as we won't get access to the bots, there's no way to fix it. {And, an Agent with an Engineers Bot is over the top, i see no way this will ever happen. } The Martial Artist mimic also is mostly useless in my eyes and i have no idea how to fix it. {Yes, i know that just like mimic Engineer, there might be one or two situations where mimic MA might be useful. But generally, the Agent is well advised to mimic anything else... }

Anyways, i dare to assume that we'd have anti-Agent riots if my wishlist would actually be granted.

Thus my prefered suggestion would be that we'd get nanos which are basically the same nanos but would have other names and would have requirements like "profession == agent" && "visual_profession == doctor" to give us Agent-specific nanos which enhance the functionality of our mimic without grabbing them from the toolset of other professions. Which nanos i would like to have in that set can be seen above.
    Last edited by Tethien; Feb 12th, 2008 at 17:11:15.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.
    Futility is resistant, your ass will be laminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tethien View Post
    Mimic Engineer currently is quite useless but as long as we won't get access to the bots, there's no way to fix it. {And, an Agent with an Engineers Bot is over the top, i see no way this will ever happen. }
    Seeing as all pets can go Over Equipped, one way of making Mimic Engineer more useful would be if the bot would go OE if Visual Profession != Engineer, it wouldn't effect engineers in the slightest, but would mean that the bot would only actually be usable while False/Assume/Mimic Engineer was running, which I don't think would be too overpowered.

The Martial Artist mimic also is mostly useless in my eyes and i have no idea how to fix it. {Yes, i know that just like mimic Engineer, there might be one or two situations where mimic MA might be useful. But generally, the Agent is well advised to mimic anything else... }
    I find I do use Martial Artist on occasion when there aren't any around and I want the crit buff and I don't need to use any other profession, the combination of the Crit buff, the evades and one of the better short term damage buffs which stacks with all our damage buffs can be useful, but I generally prefer Enforcer for Challenger if I can get the Crit buff elsewhere. (PvM of course in both cases)
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I find I do use Martial Artist on occasion when there aren't any around and I want the crit buff and I don't need to use any other profession, the combination of the Crit buff, the evades and one of the better short term damage buffs which stacks with all our damage buffs can be useful, but I generally prefer Enforcer for Challenger if I can get the Crit buff elsewhere. (PvM of course in both cases)
    Exactly my point. In a very specific situation it is useful, but there's almost always a better alternative.
    We are dyslexia of Borg.

My gripe with the refreshable mimic is that we have to cast it and it messes up my prebuffing every 20mins with true profession. Mimic is a 20s attack time, 5s recharge nano. It's annoying to cast, and now we'll be casting it more frequently.

20 minutes still is a pain, but for some tasks it's just the right thing. Since i dare to assume that we won't ever get the proposed version, where mimic is hostile for 20 minutes and then turns friendly, i would rather propose a fourth step of mimics.
    I liked the friendly after 20mins mimic idea. If mimic worked that way, I wouldn't worry about being 'stuck' in a mimic when I'm ready to prebuff with TP. Sometimes I just need an extra 3-4mins on doc to finish what I'm doing, but if I recast mimic, I delay my prebuffing by 20mins. Of course, it's just an extra option and I don't have to use it.

Access to more rk nanos would be nice, especially those that have better SL alternatives.

And access to SL nanos through another type of mimic with greater debuffs.

"True Profession: Insert Class Name here"

Enables all nanos of the mentioned class. Similar debuff to current mimic. Can rename "True Profession" to "True Profession: Agent" and keep TP's current mechanics.

Other than people whining, I can't see it actually being an issue as I can't see much to whine about.
    I am the baron.

We can suggest mimicable nanos here too?

Yes, we must get more nanos to mimic...this is what most agents think is fun!

We lack the SL-equialent to a lot of nanos...like reflects and speed.
    And we can get part of the LE-stuff.

Whenever Funcom makes a new nano for a class they should think of agents.

Trader, Crat and NT.

SL calm nanos, new nukes and some debuff nanos too.

Doctor SL-heals

Give us a better support heal than LGE, heals around Revivification would be perfect for agents.
    Revivification -Heals the target of 2607-3527 points damage

Same for Adventurer heals. (GL casting any at good speed tho :> )

Enforcer

The elements nanos, we have quite a lot of relevant enfo nanos atm. Just keep it going with agents included.

Soldier and Engineer

The SL-reflects and keep us in the loop when updating their nanos.
    I'd like a slayer...

Martial Artist

Access to secondary critline...at least some of it. And the SL heals, NR buffs.

MP

New pets, is it just me or are they getting oooooold?

And as Ebon Says, the OE mechanic works fine and could include profession check.
    If we get a good heal and attack pet I wouldn't mind stay as MP

Alternatives A new FP-line?

You can make agent-specific nanos (calms, heals, crits, pets, etc) that only work in certain FP's.
    Then there is less skill-conflict with the diferent nanos adjusted to other classes and units. Instead we get them custom-fit to us.

Most importanltly, keep this going and develope it further by all means...it's what define agents and make it so fun to play.
    Last edited by monique; Feb 13th, 2008 at 04:04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    We can suggest mimicable nanos here too?

Yes, we must get more nanos to mimic...this is what most agents think is fun!

We lack the SL-equialent to a lot of nanos...like reflects and speed.
    And we can get part of the LE-stuff.

Whenever Funcom makes a new nano for a class they should think of agents.

Trader, Crat and NT.

SL calm nanos, new nukes and some debuff nanos too.

Doctor SL-heals

Give us a better support heal than LGE, heals around Revivification would be perfect for agents.
    Revivification -Heals the target of 2607-3527 points damage

Same for Adventurer heals. (GL casting any at good speed tho :> )

Enforcer

The elements nanos, we have quite a lot of relevant enfo nanos atm. Just keep it going with agents included.

Soldier and Engineer

The SL-reflects and keep us in the loop when updating their nanos.
    I'd like a slayer...

Martial Artist

Access to secondary critline...at least some of it. And the SL heals, NR buffs.

MP

New pets, is it just me or are they getting oooooold?

And as Ebon Says, the OE mechanic works fine and could include profession check.
    If we get a good heal and attack pet I wouldn't mind stay as MP

Alternatives A new FP-line?

You can make agent-specific nanos (calms, heals, crits, pets, etc) that only work in certain FP's.
    Then there is less skill-conflict with the diferent nanos adjusted to other classes and units. Instead we get them custom-fit to us.

Most importanltly, keep this going and develope it further by all means...it's what define agents and make it so fun to play.
    This. Also fp/assume/mimic aura.
    Jerachim "FlakMunky" Artul - Lv. 220 AI 21 Agent Equip
    Veteran - Rising Phoenix
    Flakforce - Lv.60 AI 6 Enforcer Equip
    Flakster - Leveling currently

Well we're getting the ability to refresh the current False/Assume/Mimic Profession as of 17.8 which is great, so what else needs to be done with the way mimic works, what further improvements could it have?

I'm still of the opinion that it should automatically cast a friendly mimic at the end of it lasting 40 minutes, this would be of great benefit itself, allowing for it to be cancelled after the initial 20 minutes has passed.
    Make mimic turn into an aura after terminating or make the nano insta cast. The ability to recast while in mimic does not help us if we are dueling for 20+ minutes and have to recast mid fight.
    President of ShadowMercs

Personnally, being able to refresh mimic before it runs out is enough to make me happy.
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

Mimic aura can be done easy, they should just add new friendly mimic nano, that last 1 or more hours(i think 2 hours is good), but landing a hostle nano, like on TP. That nano will prevent us to cast mimic line nanos in 20 minutes. So, even if you remove friendly mimic, you cant cast another mimic until that nano is dissapear...
    It's much better, than probability of recasting same mimic nano(which actually still unusable in long fights), and we can control our buffs.

Well we're getting the ability to refresh the current False/Assume/Mimic Profession as of 17.8 which is great.
    It's nice but I wonder if they just did that to make us STFU about our mimic
    /su****ious

Hmm. Wouldn't this thread be stickied, it would be my bump-this by now.
    Any news from the Professional-frontline?
    We are dyslexia of Borg.

Personnally, since we now can both cancel and refresh our Mimic before it ends, i'm fine with the new changes to the Mimic Nano itself. 20 minutes is just fine as far as i'm concerned.

As for adding new FPable nanos... With the exception of a few utilitary nanos like the Fixer's Grid accesses, the Engineer's summon, and the NT's Intelligence & Psychic buff, i'm afraid most new nanos would overpower us..
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

we can also cancel it? O_o
    I thought we can only refresh the existing mimic. Canceling it and casting another would be lovely but would make us preety OP, at least in BS
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Telperion View Post
    Personnally, since we now can both cancel and refresh our Mimic before it ends, i'm fine with the new changes to the Mimic Nano itself. 20 minutes is just fine as far as i'm concerned.

As for adding new FPable nanos... With the exception of a few utilitary nanos like the Fixer's Grid accesses, the Engineer's summon, and the NT's Intelligence & Psychic buff, i'm afraid most new nanos would overpower us..
    OMG, you never compared nanos we received since LE and ALL others profs? Take a look, ALL profs received a great boost AAO/AAD, increased their RK nanos by double stats sometimes.... so please dont say the gain of those nanos fpable may be OverPowered.....
    Darrolav 220/30/70 Agent on RK1

just for example take a look at improved total focus or improved behemoth, stats were multiplied by 2, who can say it's not overpowered?

And now take a look at what we get: a ****ty +30 AAD and +200 concealment...
    OMG what a great improvement!!!

We need to be able to cast SL nanos, We need this improvement to face ALL others profs LE improvements.
    Also We need an improved mimic with less nano malus, less nano init malus, maybe make only this improved mimic abled to cast SL nanos, that's my point.
    And give us mimic keeper/shade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast