Thread: Name Change

Smile Name Change

Hey! I came back to AO after a long break and I am liking it a lot! After a week of playing I have found a lot of changes in the game, but i was wondering if there is such thing as a name change for this game yet? I have a character and I do not like her name, she is low lvl but i do not want to remake her because she has valuble items such as the Yalmaha(?) airplane and a bunch of items from the temple of the three winds. Thank You.

Toons under lvl 20 can have their name changed. just send a petition.

over 20 and your looking at problems, normally not, unless your name isnt in with the naming policy, (offensive, etc) then u might get it changed , but chances are if that was the case, it would have been changed already.

hope that helps.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Under level 20 you can have the name changed.

It used to be as simple as /name nick newname

It's was broken and do not know if it ever got fixed. I'd just /petition Chanege my nickname to xxxx please. Provided the toon is under 20 of course.

Thank You for the replies! aw man! my toon is lvl 41! :P I dont think ill be able to change her name. Thx for the info.

Hi there Rhaene,

First let me start by saying welcome back to Anarchy Online.

As to your question about changing your name, yes there is a naming system in place that can be used simply by typing /name *command* newname.

For example: /name nick newname would send in a nickname request to have your nickname changed to "newname", the same works for first and last names. Though your first and last names will only show up if someone targets you and views your information, they will not actually show up above your head.

As to what everyone has been saying about automaticly petitioning, please first try the /name nick command, as it still does work for some players. If after that, the system tells you that you are not under level 20 (and infact you are) go ahead and /petition and we will be more then happy to assist from there.

Note: Regardless, you must be under level 20 to change your nickname, but you can be any level to change your first and last names.

Hope this helps.
    Guardian Caidek
    Bug Hunters - Exploits Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK)

» Advisors of Rubi-Ka «» Social Guidelines «» Rules Of Conduct «