Thread: MP pet commands question

MP pet commands question

i got a few questions on how to control the Mp pets.

1. is there a way to terminate just 1 pet instead of all 3?

2. is there a way to tell the dmg pet to attack 1 target and the mezz pet to attack a different target?

3. is there a command where u have your pet auto assist a team member? ie it will automatically attack the same mob as a person in your party without you having to tell it to attack.

thats all thx in advance.

1) /pet "%t" terminate <-- With the pet you want to kill selected. Using the pet's name (or name in quotes if the name is 2+ words or contains odd letters) before the command specifies it for 1 pet.

2) 2 individual targetted attack commands. Also, try typing /open pets while you have pets out and using the pet window.

3) Only if you want to use a looping script that will spam anyone with Other Pets channel turned on.
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

thx for the help. now the question is where can i find/get the looping script you are talking about?

Well, not from me as it might technically be a violation of the AFK leveling bit in the EULA (not that kiting teams aren't )
    General of Umojan Protectorate - Technical Department
    General of Haven - Technical Department
    Norbal, 220/19 MP - "Slightly" off-kilter NM - equip
    Norbby, 220/20 Keeper - stabbing anything that moves

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    And all MPs should be forced to speak like that Architect guy from the Matrix when RP'ing....
    I bump this daily, drop by and say hi?

make seperate macros

/macro Attack /pet "The Rihwen" attack
    /macro behind /pet "The Rihwen" behind
    /macro mezz /pet "Yidira" attack
    /macro behind /pet "Yidira" behind

I don't remember if the behind or follow command is the best. There was a program called petnamer that could make a script for you which renamed your pets to make it simpler when levling.

But the mp forums should have this in stickied guide
    Stop thinking of MMORPGS as girlfriends, think of them as a harem and just enjoy todays favourite.

for termination, i made a script in my script folder named "die" that has the following:
    /pet "%t" terminate

so i just select the pet i dislike and type /die

it's quite evil.
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by bobobloblinski View Post
    thx for the help. now the question is where can i find/get the looping script you are talking about?
    You may need to write you´re own. But honestly, I wouldn´t.
    It would be an endless loop, that you may not be able to break again. Basically,
    you would have to /assist the player and issue an attack command every few seconds, by making the script call itself again (hence endles loop).
    Adds a lot of spam and isn´t handy at all, so better stick to manually assiting.

As for the /follow or /behind question - /behind sometimes makes pets act weird, run around/away every time you get aggro (when calming with a crat for example).

call me an idiot if u want but i still cant figure it out yet. lets say my pets name is bob. what do i type excatly letter by letter to make a macro for bob to attack alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bobobloblinski View Post
    call me an idiot if u want but i still cant figure it out yet. lets say my pets name is bob. what do i type excatly letter by letter to make a macro for bob to attack alone.
    /macro BobGoneWild /pet bob /attack

Will get you a macro for bob, remember " " around pet name if it has two names, ie : /macro BobGoneWild /pet "BoB, The Girls best frand" attack

/pet bob /attack

to send in bob
    Last edited by dockwagon; Apr 16th, 2008 at 19:08:15.
    Stop thinking of MMORPGS as girlfriends, think of them as a harem and just enjoy todays favourite.

Just a side note: Pet names need at least 3 letters for some reason, so Bob in particular won´t work
    They say, the early bird catches the worm.
    However, the second mouse gets the cheese.

Make a script called petautoattack. (call it whatever you like, just an example).
    Type the following into it. (Save it under the scripts folder in AO. If you're new to scripts, read more on scripts.)
    Code:
    /assist %1
    /pet "nameofpet" attack
    /delay 4000
    /petautoattack %1

When executing this script, type /petautoattack nameofperson

What tis script will do, is place nameofperson in all spots where it says %1 (the first word after the scriptname), and here's the order it will do things.

1: terget whoever the chosen person is fighting (if not in fight, target will not change
    2: order your pet to attack said target
    3: wait for 4 seconds (you may choose to change that number, if you think it's too fast/slow.One second for every thousand)
    4: start the script again with nameofperson still beeing the caller of targets.

To change caller, simply run the script again with a new nameofperson.

This script will run until
    a: you log off
    b: you run another script in the same chatwindow (I'm not sure of you can have several loops in different chatwindows. I've never gotten around to test that, but I believe you can have different loops running simultanious in different windows)

You might want to have a stop-script, if you should need to abort this one.
    I have one called "stop" to stop looping scripts
    Code:
    /delay 1