Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alien Forward Assault Base/Task Force

Alien Forward Assault Base/Task Force

Ok, this suggestion is intended as a kind of interim solution to small orgs not being able to get player cities.

APF could include a small instance-on-demand PF that works similar to a player city's alien raids. The basic idea would be a mini-apf that you can only assault if you load up the base's defenses (with CRU of course), and then you get warped to the playfield with a boss at the end. Kill the boss and get access to an alien ship, same like the normal city. Of course the shields come with maybe a 2 hour lockdown (for lowering again, re-raising should stay at 1 hour because that's more a hassle than anything else) as opposed to 1 hour.

To join the task force that allows you entry to the base, your org must pay a monthly fee (say, for fuel for your ship that takes you to APF), and you could even get minimal city benefits (e.g. Org pres selects 3 advantages out of the list when signing up - but not all so that it doesn't become more than what a small city could reasonably fit) and a player shop.

Now of course it would not be as good as a city, but the key thing is that paying customers who aren't fortunate enough to purchase a 5 billion cred city from one of the real estate agents will still get access to an integral part of alien invasion content that they paid for without in-game restrictions. There would be no lack of real estate concerns from such a place either. Or heck, tie subscription to an individual account, rather than an org, so you don't have to worry about org ranks and remove org advantages.

In short, make "content-on-demand" actually available on demand.

Edit:
    Someone pointed out that people making farm orgs could easily circumvent the lockdown to hop orgs in order to farm 24/7. Fair point. To prevent this, there should be a cooldown nano in the individual toon's NCU to prevent him from coming back for 2 hours. That way, only a well built, decent toon of the right level should be able to trigger and access the content, and only once every 2 hours.
    Last edited by Chrys; May 14th, 2008 at 03:58:14.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

43 views and no one saying it's good or bad. I guess that means this gets one big "meh"
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I like your idea...

I think it would help out many org's out there.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Bump
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    43 views and no one saying it's good or bad. I guess that means this gets one big "meh"
    I think they're just scared because you're one of the best forum PvPers around these parts tee hee

On a serious note, I love your suggestion. Not only is it functionally appropriate,
    but it sounds very cool (a ship as new home / home base - tasty!)

Great idea it would surely help people out. It would seem at lest by what you have said it would be open to everyone. It could give people another thing to farm once every two hours. Overall it would be nice to not take a zerg force and something all orgs could do to have fun. The only problem I see is unless you had a hostile nano running for two hours ( easy to do) you could just break up team and reform to clear the inst. like all the other ones and farm over and over again. I could be a lot of fun and surely opening all this up would give more people a way to get the much sought after loot that that otherwise have no chance of without having a city. Great idea overall just fill in the little bits and good to go.

TDK

Quote Originally Posted by Cthonian View Post
    I think they're just scared because you're one of the best forum PvPers around these parts tee hee
    Flattery will get you everywhere! <3
    On a serious note, I love your suggestion. Not only is it functionally appropriate,
    but it sounds very cool (a ship as new home / home base - tasty!)
    Of course, and being the first area to fully make use of the new graphic engine upgrade, it will be the coolest spot on RK.
    bai2u!

Bump for alium base for small/non-org people!
    bai2u!

Chrys, most people dont respond to the best ideas, because they tend to be a "Duh" and dont respond because they assume FC is just going to do it anyways.... or osmething like that.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

why would anyone respond to a good idea, you can't flame that way.
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

bump
    bai2u!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    APF could include a small instance-on-demand PF
    Alien apartments?

bump for putting the "on demand" into "content on demand"
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Bump
    bai2u!

Sounds like a solid idea to me.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Valid idea indeed. Should be either less beneficial then a real city, or just as expensive.
    Might as well pave the area west of rome with a few hunded new city spots, whatever is less work.
    They say, the early bird catches the worm.
    However, the second mouse gets the cheese.

So no one thinks an instanced city-type encounter that lets orgs have the benefits advertised on the box (yes, I do in fact have an AI box ) without hidden in-game restrictions is a bad idea?

Bump!
    bai2u!

Top!
    bai2u!

Would orgs who possess cities also gain the "Subscription bonuses" if they payed into the system also?

Would you suggest overlapping benefits (i.e. HQ gives + stats and they can choose an org subscription stat buff)? Different Buffs (Like +Inits, or + weapon skills) which have to be selected if the city already possess all of the city buffs due to having a large city? or No buffs at all?

I'm in favor of a non-overlapping A la Cart system for ppl with Cities. Example, Our Alliance has a Medium City and we cannot get 100% of all city buffs, but we could make up for the lost ones by paying into this subscription system.

P.s. Suggest FC make it a Paid Point feature and I bet they'd pick it up since it would make them $$$, lol.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well bump 'cause Schar wrote it? :O

y u onle wnat me 2 bring gemp frands
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Would orgs who possess cities also gain the "Subscription bonuses" if they payed into the system also?

Would you suggest overlapping benefits (i.e. HQ gives + stats and they can choose an org subscription stat buff)? Different Buffs (Like +Inits, or + weapon skills) which have to be selected if the city already possess all of the city buffs due to having a large city? or No buffs at all?

I'm in favor of a non-overlapping A la Cart system for ppl with Cities. Example, Our Alliance has a Medium City and we cannot get 100% of all city buffs, but we could make up for the lost ones by paying into this subscription system.

P.s. Suggest FC make it a Paid Point feature and I bet they'd pick it up since it would make them $$$, lol.
    Honestly, I leave it up to FC to sort it out on what they think is balanced - I was just putting out some ideas on how it might work - it shouldn't be as powerful as a full city, but that's the only limiting factor. The idea is just that people have what is advertised on the box

Ok lupu you can bring twanks, just don't kill me plz
    bai2u!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast