Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Key to rule them all!

1 Key to rule them all!

Me being a neuty and alot of others sided aswell are probably getting annoyed with having to hold a bag full of garden and sanc keys just to get around SL. If i had all the keys i'd actually need more then 1 bag full. Specially with an inventory that just turns up to be a mess after every damn week i keep losing my keys, oftenly putting a key into the damn bank! So,

Make Sanctuary keys work on regular garden statues, and(or)!
    Let us infuse our new keys with the power of the old, for example.

The key to the Garden of Thrak + The key to the Garden of Shere = The key to the Garden of Shere - Infused.

The key to the Garden of Shere - Infused. + The key to the Garden of Roch = The key to the Garden of Roch - Infused.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The key to Shere's Sanctuary + The key to Roch's Sanctuary = The key to Roch's Sanctuary - Infused.

The key to Roch's Sanctuary - Infused. + The Key to Dalja's Sanctuary = The Key to Dalja's Sanctuary - Infused.

This way you will not be able to skip ely/scheol/ado/pen keys just grab an inf key and be able to access all because you'll need all the lower keys to upgrade your inf key. This shouldn't be hard to implement and makes it easier for us lazy people to get through SL.
    Don't see a downside to this, for some weird reason don't like the combined keys? then simply don't combine em.

EDIT: Ofcourse im just suggesting this because i actually did just get stuck somewhere with my garden key in the bank and sanc key on my char not being able to return into the garden, having to walk a mile... on a lowbie... with low runspeed .
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2009 at 20:49:27. Reason: What you do with your little finger is your own business and not for this thread.
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.
    You gained 1 points of Shadowknowledge.
    Welcome to Shadowlevel 220.

BUMP!!!

mega, mega, mega BUMP!!!...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I agree with the people above me.

Only problem I would see would be the general statues in the gardens and the two ones on RK. Where would you go when you click on them with a general key?

But this could be solved like it is already implemented in the grid with city/tower fields I guess.

Awesome Idea!

Omni Inferno Garden Key - Infused + Omni Inferno Sanc Key - Infused = Unhallowed Key to the Shadowlands :-D
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hmm the Statue of transfer and stuff could pose a problem, nice fix there aswell.

Or with the new engine, create multiple statues make something nice of it.
    Last edited by Means; Mar 13th, 2009 at 20:49:27. Reason: What you do with your little finger is your own business and not for this thread.
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.

I like this idea since it even gives people a reason to go get the rest of their SL keys, since the key that has all the other keys could give some purty decent buffage.

The only issue I see that would have to be seriously resolved is the use of the general statues to get from RK to SL, and that is inside each of the SL gardens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    The only issue I see that would have to be seriously resolved is the use of the general statues to get from RK to SL, and that is inside each of the SL gardens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camar View Post
    But this could be solved like it is already implemented in the grid with city/tower fields I guess.
    Walk up to a Transit Stone. Click Key. Get a Pop-Up Window like you do in Grid at the Tower/City Exit.

Click Roch Garden, *Poof* in Roch Garden, as an example.

That solution makes people have to click the mouse two extra times, but I think the benefit would far outweigh that minor disadvantage.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Walk up to a Transit Stone. Click Key. Get a Pop-Up Window like you do in Grid at the Tower/City Exit.

That solution makes people have to click the mouse two extra times, but I think the benefit would far outweigh that minor disadvantage.
    I 2nd this...great solution

you can make a one big garden key from combining all of the keys, and then combine that with acdc to get one working garden key that works anywhere, right click and choose garden or sanct or apf......

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post

I read the suggested solution. In my own way, I was endorsing it by stating it is an obstacle to be overcome and resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Having all keys should give you access to warp up to Pand garden as well.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

RP wise its not a good idea.
    Better get a multi purpose key through a quest or a tradeskill.

I actually thought about this the other day when my Shere Sanct woulnd't work on a Shere statue. Bump for this great idea.

Or 1 universal key/traveling device when you got all keys in a faction line...to access all gardens with.
    Click the device and you get an destination interface up.

Bump anyway =)

Mega bump! This one I like a lot. Mind if I include it in my Big list?

Bump!
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Mega bump! This one I like a lot. Mind if I include it in my Big list?
    Course not.

Bump aswell :P
    The Atrox has won.

Lockpicking successful.

I like this idea but I'd rather see a key that let's us warp to Pande garden - or both

a great idea, and while we're on the subject, why not make a "keyring" for the RK missions too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast