Thread: Clean Screenshot Option

Clean Screenshot Option

Don't know if this has been suggested before, but what about an option to take clear and artistic screenshots, removing the cluttering gui without pressing a gazillion buttons.

Any thoughts?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

My thought is that yes. It isn't THAT hard to clean everything up, because you can just get all of the GUI up and running the same exact way, but it would be convenient. And no, not carebear convenient, because this doesn't take away the option to screw up or bring huge improvements to gameplay.

So to conclude everything: yes please.

There is a way around this, though it would be handy to have a button dedicated to it..

However for now there is the option of using a script for this. For instance:

Code:
    /option cc_section1 false
    /option cc_control_center false
    /option shortcutbar_window false
    /close "Default Window"
    /close "org"
    /close "team"
    /delay 7000
    /option cc_section1 true
    /option cc_control_center true
    /option shortcutbar_window true
    /open "Default Window"
    /open "org"
    /open "team"
    Depending on your GUI setup you might have to use more of the options to close any control panels that you have no got docked on the right-hand side.

But yes, bump for a dedicated button for it.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

What happened to the "/" button?

still leaves some stuff on your screen, the chat boxes iirc.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    still leaves some stuff on your screen, the chat boxes iirc.
    Doh, I clearly recall making screenies using the "/" and it removed ALL of the GUI. Might have been broken in one of the patches ever since then *shrug*

It also leaves windows you have separated from the "window chain", at least for me. /shrug
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Doh, I clearly recall making screenies using the "/" and it removed ALL of the GUI. Might have been broken in one of the patches ever since then *shrug*
    Same here, but I think this has changed. Hotbars, chat windows, and windows that aren't docked on the side panel aren't affected anymore.

Which is stupid, because that kills the whole point of the hotkey in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    Same here, but I think this has changed. Hotbars, chat windows, and windows that aren't docked on the side panel aren't affected anymore.

Which is stupid, because that kills the whole point of the hotkey in the first place.
    Yep, needs a fix then