Thread: Ma Specials have been tempered with.

Ma Specials have been tempered with.

Anyone else notice that they changed our Shen and our Blessed with thunder?

It's nice to know that you don't have to blitz a certain ql Shen or Blessed with thunder now, but it sucks to know that you can't do as much damage while lvl'ing up at sub 200 lvls. Good change imo though.
    All other Ma attacks have also been modified in some way but I dunno how.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Infinitynova; Jun 19th, 2008 at 02:11:26.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Ah, so no matter the QL of the MA special, the damage dealt will be dependant on your lvl, rather than the QL of the special? Are those the only ones, or are stuff like BBCS, UWOS, and even bird and snake affected by the change? o.o

Edit: does this mean I can reset parry/riposte now? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplice View Post
    oooh what a thinking °_°

edit: I'm not sarcastic ;p
    Vamzer 220/24 Martial Artist
    Doomed Lover 215/20 Keeper
    Novas 165/9 Nano Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    You do understand that you just showed everyone that you don't have a correct perspective on the matter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplice View Post
    There were only 3 attacks changed, no ripposte involved. As for parry - you still want it for Flower of Life/Delirium/Inner Balance (but maybe not as high as you used to).

Both the old and the new version of BwT have an initial damage and a DoT, the initial damage stayed as it was, the DoT was changed, now it's... casting a nano ! (as if we don't have enough things to stuck us in recharge...)

here's the difference

the old BwT did a 6 ticks DoT of:
    @ql 55 - 145
    @ql200 - 500
    @ql300 - 600
    (this was incremental, the higher the ql the higher the DoT)

now... the new BwT DoT is level based, totally irrelevant of what ql BwT you're using. It has certain ranges, each casting a nano that's doing 6 ticks of this amount of damage:
    Code:
      1-79 : 145
     80-99 : 200
    100-119: 250
    120-139: 300
    140-159: 350
    160-179: 400
    180-199: 450
    200-203: 500
    204-207: 520
    208-211: 540
    212-215: 560
    216-219: 580
        220: 600

The same was done to Shen.

Ohh and they fixed Enigma.... they removed the MeleeAC/EnergyAC damage types from the nano drains...
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jun 20th, 2008 at 06:25:19.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I'm not sure if I like this change and question why FC did it. I don't remember any discussion on this and don't see it in the notes, which bothers me. I don't like FC changing things without at least feeling like we have input (whether we do or not).

Using Blessed With Thunder as an example, the only real difference in the QL now is the initial hit as the dots are all going to be the same, which I am torn on. For one thing, this reduces the damage of MA's at lower levels, which I don't think is right. The levels of doing min damage have now gotten worse by the dot being lowered.

Now as a 220 MA, my damage got increased by doing nothing, which is kind of nice. Also, I am debating whether the ql 200 attack vs. 250 (or 275) is best for the parry investment. I am thinking that the ql 200 may be good enough and save some IP in parry for use in other things as the damage difference is only 200 (or 300 points) each 40 secs for the initial hit. I don't know if this makes sense for the extra IP in parry though. I'll have to think about this one.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride!!!"
    Deathwalker / Deadcalm / Deathleech / Deathforce
    Tiger Claw is Recruiting

I think that the biggest problem here isn't that they changed the attack but that they have made it so BwT now casts a nano putting us into recharge... the same problem we've been complaining about with other attacks for years now. I've taken into consideration that those other attacks we complain about this with are in PvP and not PvE, but this still leaves affects for not being able to cast short term damage buffs before or after execution, OK I can wait 3 seconds on either side of that but what about our biggest problem in this situation being brought back to full circle, that bane of being an MA.... HEAL RECHARGE.

Just going off of other posts in this thread as I won't be able to be back on for a few days so I haven't checked this out myself.

I do have a question about another change made too, early versions of the ripped DB showed Shen and BwT having the NoDrop tag removed, did this stay with the patch to live? Would be 1 positive thing about this change.
    They told me to shoot straight
    Don't pull the trigger squeeze
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns
    100 decibels turns to one
    One bullet one empty head

isn't the BwT recharge = 0 seconds? Or do you mean another one? ^^

The only thing this change means to me is that my BwT is less effective. Losing around 100 points of Dot damage per click may not sound like a lot but at TL5 and doing most things solo it is a lot.

If you are going to seperate the Dot from the initial attack have the Dot based on your parry skill and not your level. Bad with number crunching but it would work something like this. For every 10 points of parry over the req your dot increases by 3 points per click over the base Dot before the change.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

the old BwT did a 6 ticks DoT of:
    @ql 55 - 145
    @ql200 - 500
    @ql300 - 1050
    Ql 300 did a 600 point dot not 1050. The opening hit on the new ones still varies according to ql so I suppose if you're an all out dmgwhore there might still be some point to a high ql one.

Thanks Phargus, fixed that.
    Copied the static hit value instead of the DoT

The damn 'casting a nano' part irritates the c**p outta me...

wtb ALL our MA attacks to be used just like specials (brawl/dimach/fling/FA) - an instant execution without any stupid nano casting involved & being able to land while moving. I mean seriously... FC should watch some martial arts movies, MAs don't just stand still !
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Erm... I haven't noticed any casting nano stuff with Blessed With Thunder since the patch, and I've been on my little froob MA experiment a lot lately grinding out his 1k token board.

Still am able to hit BWT then do whatever immediately. No 3 sec recharge that I've noticed that people have mentioned. Then again he has gimp Parry and a QL90-something BWT (probably best I can get til a 200 Bird of Prey and even then on mobs I don't crit alpha BWT would be better)
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

No one said BwT had 3 seconds recharge, it's attack/recharge is 0/0. But considering that procs that have a cast/recharge of 0.01/0.01 and they still lock you up in casting...
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jun 20th, 2008 at 18:09:50.

Only reason I brought up the recharge is because someone mentioned it now casts a nano in one of the first posts here, seems if it doesn't put us into recharge it's not a huge issue but still likely means we can't cast it while recharging from heals, or anything with a reasonable recharge. I might be able to get in game tomorrow and get the patches up so I'll check stuff out for myself then.
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume they made the DoT on BwT fire as a nano as opposed to the way it used to run for one simple reason. Its the only way they could stop deaths in duels from that attack. For some reason they couldn't dig far enough into the code to actually stop the old DoT effect and instead bandaided it in typical FC fashion.

Bump for casting lock sucking on this attack. And actually, off topic, bump for making all MA attacks function like UWoS, on hostile target (not the first attempt that borked them and caused alot of lowbies unintentional grief)
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTurtle View Post
    Only reason I brought up the recharge is because someone mentioned it now casts a nano in one of the first posts here, seems if it doesn't put us into recharge it's not a huge issue but still likely means we can't cast it while recharging from heals, or anything with a reasonable recharge. I might be able to get in game tomorrow and get the patches up so I'll check stuff out for myself then.
    BWT is castable when in heal recharge. Tested it just now.
    Sleincour 220/30/70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Patientis 220/28 Solitus Doctor
    Ingha 220/30 Solitus Bureaucrat
    Zizzla 150/20 Opifex Martial Artist
    Grobian 142/12 Atrox Enforcer
    Svengoran 127/15 Atrox Soldier
    Illxlll 102/10 Nanomage Nanotechnician
    Psicharpax 100/6 Nanomage Metaphysicist
    Sleina 100/7 Opifex Fixer

Veteran of the Scandinavian RK1 clan guild ..:Nordic Alliance:..

Quote Originally Posted by Sleincour View Post
    BWT is castable when in heal recharge. Tested it just now.
    Yeah, got home late last night and had a chance to play with it today, overall I'm not dissapointed with the changes although it would have been nice to get something of actual use out of this patch.
    That will ensure a kill
    A kill is what you want
    A kill is why we breed

10,000 voices 100 guns