Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How to win tara - a guide for clanners.

How to win tara - a guide for clanners.

Hello fellow Clanners!

After today's tara raid, I think the need has arisen for a guide on how to win a Tarasque fight. So here goes.

STEP ONE: joining the bot!

The first, and most important thing, is that you are in a bot. For clan, this is Cameloot. So, /tell Cameloot invite, select a window for the chat, and click "Yes". The bot has a thing we call "Topic". In the topic is usually the place where the rest of the clanners are at the moment. Most of the time, this is either:

1) 100%, the area in Camelot you enter if you go left after entering Camelot.
    2) Box, the area in Camelot you enter if you go down the stairs and through the door.
    3) Troom, the area in Camelot where Tarasque spawns.
    4) Tir outside grid, this is a frequent gathering place for Tarasque raids, you can get here via the Emergency Exit in the grid - provided you are clan.

STEP TWO: finding out what the assist macro is!

The second thing you want to do, is paste the following line into chat: "What is the assist macro?"

Generally, the RaidLeader will then reply with:

[Cameloot] RaidLeader: !tell /macro CLAN /assist <name1> \n /assist <name2> \n /assist <name3>

Whereafter the bot, Cameloot, will repeat this three times in orange.

[Cameloot] Cameloot: /macro clan /assist <name1> \n /assist <name2> \n /assist <name3>
    [Cameloot] Cameloot: /macro clan /assist <name1> \n /assist <name2> \n /assist <name3>

This line, while simple, is the key to winning our Tarasque raid. THE KEY. But, how does it work?!

STEP THREE: using an assist macro!

Again, some simple guidelines:

• You copy the part from "/macro" until the last name, and paste it into a chat window.
    • This will get you a new button which you can place anywhere on your hotbar! This button is also known as a macro.
    • When we are inside the 25% zone, which can be the box, stairs, or troom, we use this macro to all attack the same target. There is a reason we want to, all, attack the same target. It is one of the fundamentals of zergology: "zerg>all"!
      • But, how does one use a macro? Simple! A mere click on the button, or push on the corresponding hotbar key, will work to target the same person as the Target Caller is fighting. Most of the time, this is the person <name3> has called.
      • The next step is easy again - you press Q.
      • Now attacking that target everyone is supposed to attack, and then you dump your full alpha into that person. Don't hesitate!
      • Pressing your "O" button every 11 seconds is appreciated as well.

STEP FOUR: listening to the RaidLeader!

This, while sounding very difficult, is also really important to win any Tarasque raid.

The first trouble - how do you find out who the RaidLeader is? Luckily, this is easy to find out. Everything the RaidLeader says, will be repeated in a magenta color by Cameloot! Therefor, the rule of thumb is to listen to whatever Cameloot says in magenta or orange messages.

The raidleader gives commands to direct the rest of the Clanners there. The most important commands they will give are:

• WAIT!! - this means the raidleader wants you to.. well, wait. Not move further. Stay where the rest of the clanners are. Simple in theory, right? But can YOU resist the temptation to go have a cup of tea with your omni friends?!
    • RUSH THE BOX!! - this means the raidleader wants you to run into the box. Do it. If only half the clanners rush, we will die easily because we are separated.
    • DO NOT LEAVE THE BOX!! - this means the raidleader wants you to stay inside the box. Do it. If you leave the box, Omni can pick you off one by one, and YOU will get zerged instead of the Omni. We don't want that, do we?
    • CLOSE THE DOOR!! - this means the raidleader wants you to keep the door to the stairs closed, so the Omni have to be in front of the door to be able to shoot/debuff anyone in the box. Which makes them an easy target to kill!
    • USE THE ASSIST MACRO!! - this means the raidleader wants you to use the assist macro, as descibed in step three. This is usually spammed if the raidleader has the strong belief some of our raiders are not using the assist macro.
    • RUSH THE STAIRS!!, also known as RUSH THEM ALL!! - this means the raidleader wants you to run into the stairs and kill every omni you can see! As with RUSH THE BOX!!, it is very important that ALL clanners rush. Separation equals death.
    • POP NANOMAGE SB!! - this means the raidleader wants someone, well anyone really, to pop a nanomage shadowbreed. So if you have your nanomage SB up, use it, and then copy/paste the following line into chat: "Used nanomage SB."
    • POP ATROX SB!! - this means the raidleader wants someone, well anyone really, to pop an atrox shadowbreed. So if you have your atrox SB up, use it, and then copy/paste the following line into chat: "Used atrox SB."
    • POP SOLITUS SB!! - this means the raidleader wants someone, well anyone really, to pop a solitus shadowbreed. So if you have your solitus SB up, use it, and then copy/paste the following line into chat: "Used solitus SB."

Well guys, if you all follow these general guidelines, and do as the RL says, everything will be all right and we will win Tarasque.

Thanks for your time,

A Clanner.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

now clanners. Do print screen of that page & put on ur desktop wallpapper & as a Loging window to Anarchy Online.
    Alone "Bloodystab" Stalker
    Proud Komodo Board Member

If I post with out " Behind " word thats mean i got eBayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
    now clanners. Do print screen of that page & put on ur desktop wallpapper & as a Loging window to Anarchy Online.
    and paste copies all over the walls of your toilet room?
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

can you please mention some specific names of those clanners so they have a chance to defend themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    can you please mention some specific names of those clanners so they have a chance to defend themselves?
    too many ... would be hard to give all nicks

Omni guide:

1: SB
    2: OS
    3: Petition 220/30 clans
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    and paste copies all over the walls of your toilet room?
    and You can always ask mom to read You that , befor You fall a sleep.

I miss opi SB
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Thell View Post
    where is Cheree???
    He's farming vision things for me, I'll never let go

I think this is a great guide (apart from step 1, bots, eeeeew!!) that works for all factions.
    Could be stickied in knowledge database

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsrow View Post
    I miss opi SB
    Opi SB is useless for the zerg.

Zerg>All.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Quote Originally Posted by Thell View Post
    where is Cheree???
    220/30, read my guide
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    220/30, read my guide
    am next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
    am next?
    /petition bloodystab is behind, ban plx!

Oh, wait.

Err, where does it list the various spoits?

You forgot all the important commands like !points and !bid... sheesh how do you expect people to "win" there?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

What's "the box"?
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

just

step 1 : cyb0r marlark
    step 2 : ask him for banning all pvpers from phatznet
    step 3 : ahh no make it all bots
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

IMO, NM omni SB should be spammable like all others.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Goossens View Post

step 1 : cyb0r marlark
    Im out or Para will shoot me in RL...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast