Thread: Link Dead Status and Player already logged in..

Link Dead Status and Player already logged in..

After this many years you would think that if a person goes Link dead you could put a status on them that they are LD over their head above their name..

Next, if a LD has been detected.. DO NOT CAUSE THE PERSON TO DROP TEAM! It is quite ludicrous that a person goes LD then tries to get back and even after waiting 5 minutes or more to get back in has to rejoin a team..

This might be exploited but I really just don't see how it can really affect things in a major way.. yeah maybe nerf XP or AXP or SK during a LD status.. but for things like quests and missions it should still count toward the end reward.. waiting on a LD member really blows.. and it isn't like AO is a shiny example of stability..

I disagree in the exploitedness sense. Is a step for more convenience. First hand proof seen today. The GW style LD handling with a few upgrades is good/great.

Also, when you LD and try to get back in, and game client thinks you're still there - please make it ping your toon so that it can rectify it as soon as you're trying to get back in. LDing at things like ai raids and zods means screwing up or dying if you LD.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I just like when people in key team go LD while doing inf garden key.
    Took like 2 minutes of CHing for my doc I duallogged for grabbing agg to finally take agg off enf in key team.

End result:
    1. 5 minutes waiting for LDer to get back
    2. 5 minutes waiting for my doc to get there (was 8 toons @inc and I simply can't see how I can grab agg from enf with outside team' engi or MP)
    3. 2 minutes to get aggro on doc.
    4. Major headache with resetting DD for my eng/mp to not OD newly formed team with 2 bubs left on Asase.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

lol just wanted to make the same thread yesterday but i thought there should be around 50 threads about this matter

yesterday after 3 hours of waiting for a heck team (not kite just a simple heck team) i finally got an invite, and after like 15 minutes of playing ao went ld i couldnt log in "Player is already logged in" and after a few minutes of waiting i found myself on RK....

AO knows if a person is lded. Why not allow LDed ppl log back instantly???
    yea it can be exploted. NOW WHAT? nothing serious exploit can come from it. You dont die from xyz mob? Who cares. Ppl are dying enough times. And where it can really save your ass, eg in SEC10 it is not really an exploit. Cuz ok you dont die with the mass, but while going back to start alone you will die anyway.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Problem with this is Title Huggers yanking their network cable instead of zoning. The toon has to be held in the GS for so long to stop exploits so immediate disconnect can't happen. (knock a couple of bubbles off Hezak, LD, Log straight back in, rinse repeat.)

Impossible to implement with the current system and would make a lot of things unfair to non exploiters.

Although I do feel your pain with the Inf Incarnator.

Quote Originally Posted by DePreach View Post
    Problem with this is Title Huggers yanking their network cable instead of zoning. The toon has to be held in the GS for so long to stop exploits so immediate disconnect can't happen. (knock a couple of bubbles off Hezak, LD, Log straight back in, rinse repeat.)
    If you can't kill an LD toon in 30 seconds, you need to reroll. And if a player can last 30 seconds /afk against Hezak, I'm guessing that he can prolly solo the mob without needing to LD.

The point is, allow the player back in sooner than is currently possible - typically it takes 2-5 mins to get back in, sometimes longer, and make the system smarter about these things.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

major inconvinience is, when you get that window with the bar 'counting' down. if you choose to log in immediatly, you have a major skill loss unless you relog again. that has nothing to do with city disabled for you (many people think that). the skill loss is much greater than city-skill-boosts.
    please fix that. has beed bugged for years..
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Dear Xaun,

The LD problems are not exactly "game breaking". I suggest pushing for more useful game additions, like improving engis, etc.

Many kisses,
    - Duck
    Nnivekccub lvl 220 Engineer
    Mongoose831 lvl 175+ leveling Agent
    Mongoose144 lvl 126 Agent
    Atheist tl4 leveling doc
    Platypus135 tl4 leveling sold

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post

LD on bs at the end, you miss the VP, the next round, and get deserter.

The way LD is handled in general, 5 minutes of 'player already logged in', kicked out of the team and possibly out of the instance or raid, and dead.
    Mhmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    After this many years you would think that if a person goes Link dead you could put a status on them that they are LD over their head above their name..

Next, if a LD has been detected.. DO NOT CAUSE THE PERSON TO DROP TEAM! It is quite ludicrous that a person goes LD then tries to get back and even after waiting 5 minutes or more to get back in has to rejoin a team..
    Agreed with both. And most games do the 2nd part now. I'm pretty sure AoC even does this. The fact AO doesn't is mostly an artifact of old coding. Would be nice to see it fixed.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Agreed with both. And most games do the 2nd part now. I'm pretty sure AoC even does this. The fact AO doesn't is mostly an artifact of old coding. Would be nice to see it fixed.
    Yeah.. Every newer game I have played seems to have this mechanic in it working. Keeping a player from dropping from the team seems to be the simplest fix for this right now. Then work on letting us not get locked out for 5 minutes.. Of course this would require someone to program a "LD Status" that would be tested.

Players are considered link-dead if they /quit instead of /camp.

Seems like a 'fix' for this makes certain assumptions on whether or not the player intended to leave which may not be valid.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Part of this is fixed.. now for the rest of it please? Fix the player already logged in!