Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alien Tower Field

Alien Tower Field

Spawned by the joke idea I'd made in another thread I though it over and wondered, seriously, why don't the Kyr'Ozch attack towers?

When you think of it they're here on Rubi-Ka for our Notum are they not? Pretty sure they are, I'd look, but I'm to lazy atm

Anyway, provided they are here for our Notum why are they going after cities trying to hack our computers when there's Notum mining fields out there that they could go after instead.

So here's the idea: random chance of Kyr'Ozch invading your tower site. Now, not much of a chance, and still only during the open time, but a chance that you get attacked by an alien task force taking down your towers.

Of course you can go defend as per usual, and some dynamic similar to city raids would have to be used to increase the amount of attacking aliens the more defenders arrive. And we're talking challenging, city raids aren't that hard I'm sorry, when a single doc can take a 220+ general solo (albeit taking a long time) somethings off. That's not a raid or an invasion, that's the Kyr'Ozch form of the death penalty for crimes.

Now, should the Kyr'Ozch succeed in taking out your towers before their time runs out (set number of waves as is in city raids so that you don't just sit there and defend forever) they get to plant their own tower site. Totally NPC controlled and providing no side xp for anyone.

Then of course it would follow the same rules as all tower fields, open and closed times. When open, if attacked, a defense force would be spawned again proportionate to the number of attackers (and of course level of the field) complete with new alien forms (this would be in the attacking force too btw) consisting of 'mech' class aliens that require the use of AVTs, mechs and bazookas to take down.

Take out towers as normal, take out CC, boom goes field, plant your own CC and voila, normal tower field.

But of course it's all still PvP as well, so Omni can be attacking an alien field and Clan can come in and make it a three way fight (unless a truce is brokered), Omni vs Clan vs Kyr'Ozch in a battle to take the tower field.

All new stuff would be: Kyr'Ozch towers and Kyr'Ozch "mech" class units.
    Loot would consist of : VP, yay (You are defending your planet after all ) and of course a tower field

So, what'ya think?

Edit: Additional ideas: Alien Side XP, the less tower fields the Kyr'Ozch hold the more AXP bonus we get. -- Kyr'Ozch tower buffs, if they hold towers they get boosted, suddenly city raids and APF is harder because the Kyr'Ozch are gaining a real foothold on the planet and their strength increases. Take out their towers to weaken them.
    Last edited by Ayria; Jul 29th, 2008 at 01:43:04.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

But but what will happen to all the farm orgs we're planting lowbie sites with?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Basically you're saying that, as long as a tower site is open to PvP, the aliens have a chance of attacking? awesome!

And I really like the idea of alien raids and such being harder when the aliens have more tower sites. Will this extend to LE missions, too?

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    Basically you're saying that, as long as a tower site is open to PvP, the aliens have a chance of attacking? awesome!

And I really like the idea of alien raids and such being harder when the aliens have more tower sites. Will this extend to LE missions, too?
    Yup and yup.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Didn't really the read the post that much but, kinda like the idea.

How about if when the aliens attack a tower site there is a 100% drop rate on lead bots, that would make people more interested in having a tower site in their org (alert the org who's site it is that they are under attack, no one else).

Of course as it's a PvP zone, someone else could come along and KS, which means people will be keeping an eye on tower sites that are going "live" even if they are not planning on attacking it.
    President of Bug Busters, Omni Tek - Rimor. Interested in joining?

I don't know about lead bots, a lot of people already feel they are to easy to get as is. Yes with the odds of an alien attacking your tower site being fairly low the chances then of getting lead bots off them is even lower but, as you said, people will watch for sites attacked by aliens and run off to try and KS, a greifing action that while not against the rules (you didn't spawn the general directly etc) can only cause unneeded drama over bots that can be gotten elsewhere with relative ease.

That's my view on it at least.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Only problem I see (and you half-addressed it in your previous post) is that on the bot channels for towertwinks, at any time you can see the location of any base when it is attacked - and if somehow the entire population is notified that aliens are attacking a ql300 base, plz come halp!, you're gonna have soooo many people from both sides killing aliens, while killing towers, while killing other players, while dodging orbital strikes, while dodging APT bullets...

... and yet this could be one hell of a fun-fest lol, PVP+Aliens
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Aye, Anarchy in AO, how novel
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Will you be able to nuke the aliens from orbit? :P orb strike would make a swift end to this, I fear.

it would be cool to have a chance of an "end boss" after destroying the CT, such as an ICC defense operations coming to prevent one certain side from attempting to illegally take over a tower field.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Will you be able to nuke the aliens from orbit? :P orb strike would make a swift end to this, I fear.
    maybe, when fighting an alien tower field, only aliens can use OSes (because their superior technology can block ours or whatever), so that there's still the crowd control but you can't just nuke em all and be done.

Having been to towers a total of twice i can say I'm not interested in them at all.....
    THIS idea however would totally get my support and would make me interested.
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    If the cooldown timer on Orbital Strikes/Air Strikes was longer than the interval between Alien Assault waves then OS/AS would need to be held in reserve as a last ditch defence if the Aliens were getting the upper hand.

And of course it would still be a hazard to players.

Got that temporary cease fire with Clan while attacking these Kyr'Ozch? Ops, OS hit them on the head cause you didn't warm them, no more truce.

Hehe. The possibilities for fun.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

One faction may choose not to assist another during an invasion. They may feel its better to wait for the Aliens and Enemy to soften each other up a little and then move in and shoot the survivors.

Whichever way it works, it adds more dynamics to the game and actually gives the Kyr'Ozch a way to invade instead of sitting in the outzones or coming to hack some city computer.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Whichever way it works, it adds more dynamics to the game and actually gives the Kyr'Ozch a way to invade instead of sitting in the outzones or coming to hack some city computer.
    awesome

bump

Bump, your to new to not be on page one.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

WTB Active SL Fields first.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bump
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast