Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perception/Concealment still bugged?

Perception/Concealment still bugged?

So I was sneaking at tara, after ganking a gimped MP just before troom, and suddenly a 213 soldier starts spamming RI on me (while I am STILL sneaking) and attacking me.

I had pimped out on conceal (ruse4/hloa) before I went down there, because I knew that there were toons with high perception around ... but that soldier was certainly not one of them.

So I ask the guy how much perception he had when he spotted me:

To [B**********]: hey
    [B**********]: sup my little frand
    To [B**********]: little question, how much percep did you have when you pulled me out of hide @ tara?
    [B**********]: same as i do now
    [B**********]: 206
    To [B**********]: which is?
    To [B**********]: kk, thx

I had a whopping 2930 concealment at that time.

Even if he had Clan soli SB + new stare + fixerbuffs running (which he did not because well, he was omni), he still shouldn't have spotted me.

Anyone else see a bug here?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Sometimes the animation don't follow the actuall ongoing events.

It happens at times.

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    Sometimes the animation don't follow the actuall ongoing events.

It happens at times.
    Then maybe it would be time that it gets fixed..?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

You didn't have that crappy bug that shows you concealed but you actually weren't cause of some action taking place around the time of sneaking? Happened twice to me, once on agent and once on an MP but thats all i could think of since percept has been working for me with duel hiders

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post
    You didn't have that crappy bug that shows you concealed but you actually weren't cause of some action taking place around the time of sneaking? Happened twice to me, once on agent and once on an MP but thats all i could think of since percept has been working for me with duel hiders
    Umm I dunno, as I said just before I started sneaking again I killed a gimpy MP.. and then I hit sneak as soon as it hit the floor. Maybe that was a bit too fast?

Btw that soldier says he saw me sneaking as in, see it like when you have enough perception.

conceal / perception working better then b4 "fix" but still is bugged like mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheddy View Post
    conceal / perception working better then b4 "fix" but still is bugged like mad...
    So maybe then it is time to report this one to funcom and see if they can do something about it? *hint hint ebon*

I noticed this bug the very first day the perception fix hit live. A lowbie shade or something hit me with swim expertise while I was sneaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    So maybe then it is time to report this one to funcom and see if they can do something about it? *hint hint ebon*
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    Please know that the agent forums is not the place to report bugs and flaws. Please email them directly via bugs@anarchy-online.com.
    *hint Hint Lupus*
    Just let me know by PM when it's reported and what you reported and I'll add it to the bugs list ^^
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    *hint Hint Lupus*
    Just let me know by PM when it's reported and what you reported and I'll add it to the bugs list ^^
    Ebon>me =[

I'll do it in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofan1 View Post
    I noticed this bug the very first day the perception fix hit live. A lowbie shade or something hit me with swim expertise while I was sneaked.
    A better question, what's a lowbie shade doing with swim expertise? The olympics are over.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheree View Post
    A better question, what's a lowbie shade doing with swim expertise? The olympics are over.
    lolz... ftw... butbut.. its a shade... must be paralympics!!!

PS: What i find kinda odd and its not to explain by RP nor by anything else... its still the same that the same person that tries to hide in your line of view ánd fails, can go around the corner or a lift and sneak and you cant see him when entering the area..... wonder if FC thinks conceal is some kinda of... dunno.. umm... "cape" to throw over ones head what you cant if people are watching , but once hidden its byebye... makes sense in huge rooms..... or not.lol

Again at tara, again in the corridor from box to troom, I start sneaking, and a few seconds later... I get unsneaked by a bloody engineer.

You end sneaking.
    You end sneaking.
    Attacked by C*******!
    Attacked by Hai2u!
    Attacked by Hai2u!
    Your reflect shield hit C******* for 49 points of damage.
    Your damage shield hit C******* for 6 points of damage.
    Player C******* hit you for 121 points of projectile damage.
    C******* forces your NCU to run Nanite Interruption...
    Attacked by S**********!

Et cetera, and then "splat" because of zerg damage.

To [C*******]: how much percep do you have anyway? =/
    [C*******]: 652
    To [C*******]: heh
    To [C*******]: second time this happens to me, being unsneaked with 2.8k conceal by toons with 200-600 percep

Always been like that for my shade...
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

just reset your conceal and you wont have any problems

Also Ebon you should add bail nanos to bug list, they are working/bugged in exactly same way as Absolute concentration line, you push them twice you get only debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    just reset your conceal and you wont have any problems

Also Ebon you should add bail nanos to bug list, they are working/bugged in exactly same way as Absolute concentration line, you push them twice you get only debuff.
    To be honest I think that works with any nano formula that has a cooldown.

It's to stop someone spamming the nano during the duration and keeping it running all the time, if you check the way most nanos work, they cancel the running nano and then replace it.

In the case of Nanos with a cooldown attached, cancelling the nano through any means causes the debuff to run, therefore casting it twice cancels it and causes the debuffs to run preventing the nano from appearing in your NCU.

I agree it's a bug and I think another solution to prevent recasting of nanos with cooldown needs to be implemented, but that's the way things currently stand, It is mentioned within the description of the Absolute concentration bug as things stand but I will elaborate upon it.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

There is something similar i go through a lot in BS. I know no one can see my 25 agent concealed, however when i zone through lifts usually running from a zerg I can generally hide on the other side but i get a nice unhide from being attacked out of sneak state. Probly more of a sync issue but i get the double You end sneaking message there too.

Another thing you should check is if you the players popping you out of sneak are either:

Getting Lupus vanished lupus became visible message and are attacking you or Lupus tried to hide but failed. The third possibility is like one of the "sploits" i guess that agents have where actions take place while we are concealed and unhide us when we end but doesn't always let us know we are unhid.

I have noticed several times i should be sneaking and usually in BS and even though im moving slowly in the sneak stance i know i didn't actually coneal.

Another thing is, if you heal someone while in sneak the animation often does not end as it should.

I think you're unsneaked tho.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...n/scrn0006.png

Old screenshot that I think describes the bug. Noticed it says Zorgus vanished in the chat window, but I could still see/target/attack/get owned
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    To be honest I think that works with any nano formula that has a cooldown.

It's to stop someone spamming the nano during the duration and keeping it running all the time, if you check the way most nanos work, they cancel the running nano and then replace it.

In the case of Nanos with a cooldown attached, cancelling the nano through any means causes the debuff to run, therefore casting it twice cancels it and causes the debuffs to run preventing the nano from appearing in your NCU.

I agree it's a bug and I think another solution to prevent recasting of nanos with cooldown needs to be implemented, but that's the way things currently stand, It is mentioned within the description of the Absolute concentration bug as things stand but I will elaborate upon it.
    Split the actual nano cast and the positive effect? Is that possible?

Lower stacking order in the nano than the actual Concentration effect (and lower than the recover, obviously), so you can't cast it while the effect is running. I dunno, just throwing ideas.

Adventurers' sabre damage buff is bugged like that too, Frenzy of Fur and the likes.
    Executing Nano Program: Shangri-La's - Leader of the Pack.
    Crevex + +

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast