Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A lock on wear window

A lock on wear window

Heeya!

I have been thinking about this for quite a while, just never got to make a post about it.

A few minutes ago I right clicked my token in a mission and because of a lagspike I didn't right click on the token, but on the item I got as a mission reward: a piece of random chest armor. And so I unequipped my CM chest that will take me not only weeks of perk resetting, but also changing from Clan to Omni and back to Clan again. Since this was all because of a lag spike, I petitioned it and I got a very predictable reply: "I am sorry but we can't do anything about it."

I am sure that many of other players have experienced a similar problem more then once.

So since the GM's refuse to help in such situations (even if the situation was caused by lag/funcom, and not by the paying customer) it doesn't mean that nothing can't be done about this.

So my solution: Add a "lock wear window"-option in the f10 menu, similar to the "lock hotbar"-option.

Edit: Actually it would be better to give us seperate lock options on each slot (so we can still swap items in battle), like Mekh has drawn out in the following link: http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7081/locksve8.png

I am 100% sure that this option would make a lot of twinks happy. And save us all months and months of perk resetting.

In the years I have played this game I have truly spent months on perk resetting cause of accidental equipping of random stuff. After the first time, I even made mules for all my twinks on which I transferred all the items I could accidentally right click. But even this didn't help since I do loot stuff on my twinks, especially during holidays like halloween.

So please Funcom, give us the possibility to lock the wear-window, so we can't unequip our twinked on items anymore.

- Nightfly

P.S. Perhaps someone has suggested this before, but I could not find any threads about this on the first 3 pages, nor using search.

EDIT: Ok, nowdays it doesnt take weeks/months of perkresetting anymore, but it is still annoying to twink something back on, when you thought you were done twinking.
    The perkreset-dude is handy, but he didnt solve the problem of "accidental" rightclicking.
    Last edited by SniperNightfly; Dec 11th, 2009 at 16:23:28.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperNightfly View Post
    P.S. Perhaps someone has suggested this before, but I could not find any threads about this on the first 3 pages, nor using search.
    Various versions of this have been suggested before. And its still a very welcome idea.

Another option that would be nice would be "right click on armor directs to social tab".

However ... if they want to be NICE about it, we should have locks on individual spots. Like right-clicking a specific armor location and having a "lock" option. As many twinks will need to hotswap gear in certain locations.

I would LOVE to be able to lock down some armor locations without locking all.

bampibump
    Proud General Of The Glowing Nightflies

MAJOR bump...just got done reperking ATE3 to put a sleeve back on :P
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Huge bump.

I bet everyone here tried it before. It happends so often, and GMs won't do anything about it.

Lock my equip, I'm only changing it when twinking or buffing.
    * 3rd place in Best Dressed contest 30 june 2007 *
    Access GMI Remotely

love it

Should have been done a long time ago.
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

what i even love better...is when your 9 year old niece comes over while AO is on and clicks some of your armors off...BUMP!!!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iscarrim
    In Mother Russia, you don't bump the thread; the thread bumps you!

Not that its relevant any more, but about two years ago I right clicked on my shade.

It cost me 3 and a half weeks of my life to undo. Bump. (Beast pad on a shade, pre-social, pre-le)

A few almost rightclicks (jumping when I realise just how much damage I'm about to do preventing it) have given me brief moments of panic on a certain twink of mine in recent times. Badly wanted, as one of the few things that simply the game and remove risk that I truly support.

it was suggested before yes, but as a right click on item to lock each item separate (twinked items)
    and to lock whole wear window and unlock.

but yes i had it a couple times also. when it happens in the middle of something it can be rlly bad. like unequiping a weap.

Talking

You are a bunch of crybabies really. I remember when running out of ammo unequipped your twinked on weapon.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

It a great idea. BUMB

Thanks for all your support guys!

I am sure that nearly everyone who ever twinked or is planning to twink would be finally at ease if funcom would give us this option.

If possible lock the separate windows, for all the swappers out there. And if that is really too much trouble then at least (for a start?) give us the option to lock the whole window.

I can't imagine this being hard to implement in the game, and there won't be anyone on Rubi-Ka who will have disadvantages of this options, since people who don't like it can switch it off. ^^

Like many people in this thread already said: This should have been done loooong ago.

Come on Funcom! Take away our paranoia! And make us happy! <3
    Proud president of The Glowing Nightflies
    ~
    Walter "Stonerdude" Stych - 220/20 tradeskiller
    Lord "Troxxorz" Abortion - 220/29 enforcer
    Elbereth "Elerrina" Elentari - 195/9 advy (former main)
    Lucy "Nightfly" Bloodlust - 174/17 agent
    Solarin "Shahmat" Checkmate - 170/14 enforcer
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    Should have been done a long time ago.
    /signed
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast