Thread: Remove GS from Shops (OA/Borealis/Rome/etc)

Remove GS from Shops (OA/Borealis/Rome/etc)

I guess at one point this was more needed but I am not seeing a purpose other than to upset players anymore. The most recent patches have totally destabilized the GS system even more than before. It has been a nightmare helping a friend twink by logging buffing alts to do so trying to get in to the same GS as them etc. Before it was mildly annoying.. now it is simply overkill. I am not sure what changed in the last few weeks of patching but something has drastically changed..

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Oh yeah and another thing. You will say.. But if we don't have GS's then we won't be able to find various QL's of things? Right? Well here is how you fix that:

1 - Shops all by nature carry various items (some are not always present in any one shop and rotate out these will need to be addressed by QL)

2 - All regular shops should have one of each standard item they normally carry with a field where the current QL is where you type which QL you want. (The reasons for this are many.)
    ---No more CAMPING SHOPS (literally as if camping mobs wasn't bad enough right? come on guys n gals throw us a bone here).
    ---This will stop the lag of running in and out of 50 shops (same 8) over and over trying to find a QL you want. (This will nerf profiteers of rare QL items a bit but tbh I really do not care for capitalists that much so I say screw em.. )

3 - Rare non permanent items could either be added to the special trader only shops (where they should have been all along imho.) or have them (finally) permanently set to a single QL of a shop with a range of ability.
    Last edited by Xaun; Nov 8th, 2008 at 20:26:58.

Bump!
    GS in shops are annoying as hell and serve no purpose today, even with a sudden and huge increase of players GS in shops still wont be needed thanks to click threw and the fact that AO doesn't have character collision..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Oh yeah and another thing. You will say.. But if we don't have GS's then we won't be able to find various QL's of things? Right? Well here is how you fix that:

1 - Shops all by nature carry various items (some are not always present in any one shop and rotate out these will need to be addressed by QL)

2 - All regular shops should have one of each standard item they normally carry with a field where the current QL is where you type which QL you want. (The reasons for this are many.)
    ---No more CAMPING SHOPS (literally as if camping mobs wasn't bad enough right? come on guys n gals throw us a bone here).
    ---This will stop the lag of running in and out of 50 shops (same 8) over and over trying to find a QL you want. (This will nerf profiteers of rare QL items a bit but tbh I really do not care for capitalists that much so I say screw em.. )

3 - Rare non permanent items could either be added to the special trader only shops (where they should have been all along imho.) or have them (finally) permanently set to a single QL of a shop with a range of ability.

Bump for common sense.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Lanforvi View Post
    Bump for common sense.
    hehe yeah you'd think right?

hehe yeah you'd think right?
    Not if we've been playing for more than two months ;P
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    Not if we've been playing for more than two months ;P
    lol

Erm.... okay... but...

There's one thing to solve this problem: Stop twinking in Shops!

The backyards are wonderful places, most of the time you're alone there. There isn't a GS system. And you've got a bank terminal and a treatment clinic. Only difference is that there aren't any shop terminals, but I don't think that this is a problem most of the time. You maybe just have to think before twinking and not while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Erm.... okay... but...

There's one thing to solve this problem: Stop twinking in Shops!

The backyards are wonderful places, most of the time you're alone there. There isn't a GS system. And you've got a bank terminal and a treatment clinic. Only difference is that there aren't any shop terminals, but I don't think that this is a problem most of the time. You maybe just have to think before twinking and not while you're at it.
    Erm.... okay... but...

This is an asinine issue that is long past usefulness and your logic plain fails. I don't know what kind of twinking you do.. but I step my stuff as I go.. and the "planning tools" are almost always off by some margin in trickle or what ever.. so you find yourself doing many steps of laddering to get what you want. Anyway thanks for the useless post in this thread. Next time please use your head before posting.

Thanks

Erm.... okay... but...

This is an asinine issue that is long past usefulness and your logic plain fails. I don't know what kind of twinking you do.. but I step my stuff as I go.. and the "planning tools" are almost always off by some margin in trickle or what ever.. so you find yourself doing many steps of laddering to get what you want. Anyway thanks for the useless post in this thread. Next time please use your head before posting.

Thanks
    I do all my lowbie twinking in shops also, on 120+ toons i twink in BYs tho ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

That alone deserves a huge, big baddabump.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----