Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: a giant nickel statue of Means pointing at the sky like an astronaut

Cool a giant nickel statue of Means pointing at the sky like an astronaut

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    If I had a nickel for ever post where someone claims the "end of our virtual world is nigh!" I would already have melted them down into a giant nickel statue of myself pointing at the sky like an astronaut.

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

AO will survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by El33tist View Post
    I'll donate a nickel if we can get that statue in game somewhere with a clickable plate on it, that when click reveals the message:

"When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us."

Message seems very fitting for a Rubi-Ka Statue...
    I'd love to direct people in game to it when they are naysaying on OOC!
    I can only agree with that suggestion, let us get a nickel statue on Rubi-Ka!

Building cults of personality around individual FC staff is so 2007
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I an only agree, it should not say "This is Means, the game director of 2008 to ... etc."

AO devs have through the development of Rubi-Ka shown there skills in subtitle-ness.
    A normal sized statue, in a remote location. Like mini-galway, Sir. Galahad statue, Marvin, Will To Fight, Notum Cannons...

There are many wonders on Rubi-Ka, that you have to travel to see, descretly putting in a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing to the stars, with the plate and description saying:

"When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us."

I think would fit Rubi-Ka / AO, and it will make a great story for those to come.
    Newcommers hear of the Black Sunday, the occupation of Borealis, read the time line and generally see that Rubi-Ka is a dynamic world.

GMs and ARKs have had there names on things for years.. so why not a subtile statue, in an undisclosed location, showing the spirit of the Rubi-Kan population, our thrive for the future.

Kind regards
    Ariensky

PS. Just to explain further: Rubi-Ka is leased by Omni-Tek and therefor IS a "corporate product", the statue would show, that not all of us think of it like that anymore, it is our home.
    Yes even Omni-Tek emplyees can go soft-hearted, look at Ross.
    Last edited by ArienSky; Dec 14th, 2008 at 07:55:25.

Make a mob of it so I can chain kill it.
    Same AI as its model should make it easy.

Bring back the Arrival Hall, and replace the eremite statue with a nickel Means statue
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I'd rather see statues of the first devs of AO fighting leets/reets/rollerrats/etc.... in the Arrival hall ^^.
    (I have always wanted to see the first team that made AO(RK)

weird responses.....

Means already said they will not be bringing back the original arrival hall and that it was removed because of new player feedback.

Anyhow... I still think this would be fun.
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Bring back the Arrival Hall, and replace the eremite statue with a nickel Means statue
    Best Idea of the year!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Unfortunately Means definitively said no the reinstating the arrivals hall. I personally would love to have something there to give a bit of AO history, also loved the idea of having statues of all of the AO dev team in there somewhere too.

Anyway, perhaps we could get the nickel statue in the middle of that platform in ICC?
    Main
    Forek 220/30

Alts
    Dreadoc 220/27
    Mellifluous 220/27
    Forefix 178/18

Thumbs up AO history

Strange to think that this is already a historical post.

The greatest quotes that showed kindness and dedication of our current Game Director and other players are gone.

At least this bit of the quote survived, and the meaning behind it still stands strong.
    Even more reason to get that statue up.

I begin to see the point of having it in a rather public place, at it would make it easy to see for newcommers, but as I mentioned before, I would rather have it to be in a remote area, where you would have to search out for it, like El33tist mentions.

One of my favorite areas is the Omni-Tek mining museum in Clon****. There are no guards, so everyone can come there, and it has a grid exit very near.
    (the museum displaying the first piece of notum found, a drilling suit and the drilling machine to find the first notum is at little bit north of the Clon**** grid exit)

on the other hand I would not like it to be in a sided area, as the statue is something for all of us.
    Then again, if it is in neutral territory it would become neutral propaganda.

Hence a remote area would be very fine, somewhere, where it is not displaying an official proclamation of a city or faction, but the dedication of a single man/woman/person.
    There are many placed on Rubi-Ka that are visited very seldom, one of those towns (accessible by all factions) could host that statue.

And a final argument for this suggestion:

Some people just deserve a statue.

A statue of Dipsy!, the green teletubbie in the middle of a neutral territory, Newland city maybe (only a few peeps will understand )
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

and when you bow down and pray to the statue, it gives and xp buff

(just kidding) bump
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

The quote lives on

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I don't like it when people speak about our game as if it is a used car in need of repair...and they are uncertain whether purchasing spare parts will be financially "worth it". AO has been running for SEVEN YEARS. People have met in our game, married and had children together. Some of these children are old enough now to be sick of their parents telling that story.

I wholy reject the idea that I have spent years of my life working on something thats survival depends on a q3 report. If I had a nickel for ever post where someone claims the "end of our virtual world is nigh!" I would already have melted them down into a giant nickel statue of myself pointing at the sky like an astronaut.

This game is funded by an ample number of subscribers and an additional revenue stream from advertising viewed by our glorious Fr00b population. Money is not an issue. The game is now fully staffed by previous players with a passion for this product...and a real love for AO that goes beyond the normal sense of responsibility that comes with "a job". Relatives of mine designed the containment structures for nuclear power plants used all over the world. Relatives of mine helped design the Canada Arm on the space shuttle and some of the first fluid exchange coolant systems for satelites. THIS is what I have chosen to do.

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

AO will survive.

I'll support the statue if it stands on top of the main platform of phasefront..

About 100ft high.. and it has Means doing /disco... around it has a ton of leets wiggling around "Devleets"

When you "use" the leets they say:
    Dubble AS tigress plox
    amg nerf advys
    nts sploit nbs!!
    omgs frikin code is brokan!
    STFU GIEF COFFEE NAO
    I luvs transformers rawr!
    Engy lub nao!!!
    Voltron powar!
    Hugs me.. I'm cold.
    wth u want?
    Is it friday yet?
    *screams* damn server!
    stfu or i logs my gm to pwn joo!

^^ <3 means
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Buump
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forek View Post
    Unfortunately Means definitively said no the reinstating the arrivals hall. I personally would love to have something there to give a bit of AO history, also loved the idea of having statues of all of the AO dev team in there somewhere too.

Anyway, perhaps we could get the nickel statue in the middle of that platform in ICC?

well, perhaps the arrival hall wont be put in place for new players/toons, but how hard would it be to put that same bit of code in Bor just for so we can reminisce a bit? It can be filled with fun stuff like a means statue and other stuff. Slap a new door somewhere in Bor and call it a done deal...

prob not gonna happen, but who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsama View Post
    well, perhaps the arrival hall wont be put in place for new players/toons, but how hard would it be to put that same bit of code in Bor just for so we can reminisce a bit? It can be filled with fun stuff like a means statue and other stuff. Slap a new door somewhere in Bor and call it a done deal...

prob not gonna happen, but who knows...
    Arrival Hall was in Omni-1, not Borealis. But still not a bad idea I suppose.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I can only agree with that suggestion, let us get a nickel statue on Rubi-Ka!
    Put it on newbie island
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast