Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 19th, 2008

Friday with Means - December 19th, 2008

This weeks Friday with Means is going to be dull.

I had high hopes for getting a new build to test live before the holidays but my dreams were crushed by some key personnel taking well deserved vacation. It was only due to the personal generosity of the same people that we managed to address a nasty exploit, tweak servers, and of course deliver a few new Holiday treats this week. I hope everyone gets the chance to pick up their treats before January 5th when they will be removed.

The Booster

Work is progressing well and the tough decision to postpone the booster is feeling better and better. Quests that were "adequate" before are now progressing well into "fun". It is great to be working on tweaking quality rather than quantity at this point...it makes it a great deal more fun to work on. If we enjoy making it it always turns out better.

Thank you for the excellent feedback you have been providing (in between the flaming!). It has been great to have some well thought out observations on the new content and pvp to guide our work on the new content.

The German Server

This server is not going anywhere and will be there as long as there are players who wish to enjoy our game in a german environment. We have no intention of "shutting it down" or any other alarmist action. This was merely to begin a dialogue with the german community to begin the process of working together to try and generate a more active world for the german server. We have already received some good ideas we are looking into for the future and will begin further conversation in the new year.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the holidays! This will be my first real vacation this year so unfortunately I will not be producing a Friday with Means until the week I return...so the next one will be Friday January 9th. I will be stopping by in-game when I can.

If I don't see you Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

zomg first!
    220/30 Atrox Enforcer
    President of Hells Heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    (in regards to blunt fixes)

I am now carefully watching to see when Scoope resets to 2he...then i will patch out the fixes. ;p

*starts thinking*

Oh gonna see you next year Means then I suppose Happy everything

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the holidays! This will be my first real vacation this year so unfortunately I will not be producing a Friday with Means until the week I return...so the next one will be Friday January 9th. I will be stopping by in-game when I can.

If I don't see you Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    dont forget irc!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

This server is not going anywhere
    Funny how powerful an out-of-context quote can be
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

how are the engi mines coming along? any decisions there? since we haven't really seen any of that " discussion" you talked about when you said you'd be watching engi forums...
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

I demand 2 hour pets before 2009. I even renew'd subscription. Don't let me down. -.-
    Last edited by Klod; Dec 20th, 2008 at 18:32:17.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Dull!

Have a nice holiday means
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Have a safe and happy holiday Means!

ps: You have been a good boy so you shall find the voodoo doll in your stocking xmas morning.

pps: Be careful how you dispose of it
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

I hope everyone gets the chance to pick up their treats before January 5th when they will be removed.
    We have actually been told, specifically and well ahead of time when the holiday stuff will end. Nice.

better drop on lava caps plz

Have a great holiday to you and all the Funcom staff..

/me puts Means voodoo doll away till after the holiday, since I got my bikini and monster glasses, where unnerfing keepers becomes the prime pincushin equation..

Season greatings and whatnot to you and the codemonkeys.

All the Best for christmas and the new year Means, thank you for keeping the Friday with Means updates going, it's nice to get updates every week, all the best.

Tali.

Happy Holidays and have a great vacation to all the FunCom staff (but not the servers hampsters!), you deserve it.

I have a question, or rather a request, for the next Friday with Means too:

I feel kinda bad saying this, but can you please confirm that FunCom staff still look into the Game Suggestions forum?

It's just... the utter lack of responce from FunCom in there is rather disheartening. I know you said at the begining you wouldn't reply to every post, but I have never seen an official responce in there once. Ever. At all. Even to say that an idea is utterly impossible under the game engine and we should stop talking about it.

Just knowing that the devs still take ideas from it would be great, thanks
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    I feel kinda bad saying this, but can you please confirm that FunCom staff still look into the Game Suggestions forum?

Well I can confirm that at least one of my suggestions has made it in game, either that or the dev' thought of it on their own, I like to think it's the former though, suggestion in question was 2 Information windows at once pls

Not sure if the Character Transfer: Live -> Test idea should be included or not though
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

"It is great to be working on tweaking quality rather than quantity."
    Go, go, go! And happy holidays to you and the AO team!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    Happy Holidays and have a great vacation to all the FunCom staff (but not the servers hampsters!), you deserve it.

I have a question, or rather a request, for the next Friday with Means too:

It's just... the utter lack of responce from FunCom in there is rather disheartening. I know you said at the begining you wouldn't reply to every post, but I have never seen an official responce in there once. Ever. At all. Even to say that an idea is utterly impossible under the game engine and we should stop talking about it.

I am really wondering why you are asking this..
    I have seen many additions that came from game suggestions over the last patches.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast