Thread: Patching failed (checksum error)

Patching failed (checksum error)

hey.

trying to patch to 18.0 from 17.10.5 and every time i run the pathcer i get checksum error. cant find patch 17.10.5 -> 18.0.0 from http://ftp3.funcom.com/d/ either.... the error is always on the RTP file. I just recently set up test server copy of the game and after this not one patch has worked with patcher. could the copy interfere with this??

any tips on how to get 18.0 working?

Had same error, on 3 DIFFERENT computers. man that sux...
    I'd say it's time they fix this crap, aint the first time this happends during a patch....

it is a first time for me....downloaded the patches manually and updating atm...but if i have to download EVERY update from now on manually im gonna quit....

same happen'd to me try'd downloading from game cam e up with error and try'd some links for the download same old thing, the error was:
    (Patching Resoucedatebase (78.5%)From V17-10-5_EP1-V18-0-0_EP1.RES)
    (An Unrecoverable error ocurred during patching.you might after reinstall anarchy online to play)

already reinstaled same thing again

For the people having Checksum errors, are you using Vista or XP?

I'm using XP SP3 on both of my PC's and both suffered the checksum error partway through patching the resource database and now require reinstallation.

My fault for thinking I could get away with patching both at the same time.

Fan-freaking-tastic!

Error checksumming file Patches\V17-10-5_EP1-v18-0-0_EP1.RTP! The checksum does not match. If this particular problem persists, contact support@anarchy-online.com for help.

Using Vista.
    Any workaround/fix?

same here. What the heck is wrong with the patcher/checksum?

edit: vista
    Last edited by blackmesa; Feb 20th, 2009 at 00:59:14.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Got it working

- I have UAC diabled.
    * This may or may not help but I recommend keeping UAC on unless you know what you're doing. I would also try the other steps 1st.

- Tried moving AO to a different directory in user folder (out of Program Files x86)
    * This seemed to have no effect

- Set Anarchy.exe and AnarchyPatcher.exe to run in compatibility mode
    * This may or may not have helped, but likey doesn't hurt

- Tried disabling COMODO Firewall Pro and Avast Antivirus.
    * At this point the checksum went away and caused a different error: Could not find patch on the specified patch server! After that however, I patched again and it worked.

I suspect this was due to COMODO Firewall's 'Resident Shield' program (it protects some important system files, among other things). Although it may also be related to Avast, or be a combination of the steps above. If any of these steps help anyone get it working, please post which ones helped you for the next guy
    Last edited by blackmesa; Feb 20th, 2009 at 01:52:11.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

same problem nothing has helped no matater what i do and i cant get a hold of suppour i r running vista WTB help

This worked for me for the checksum error:

Go to this page.

Download the RES file. Copy it into your Patches folder in your AO installation. Double click it. Play Anarchy

Credit(and thanks) to Satertek for the link in another thread

Presumably you have already moved AO to a different folder from Program files, if not do so
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

downloaded updates manually...sucks hard if we have to do that everytime from now on.....

have the same error and I am also trying the solution posted by Rustinel
    Maroman
    -------------
    Warriors Gaming Community

I tried disabling Comodo firewall and Avast and I got instead "need to login as administrator"
    Maroman
    -------------
    Warriors Gaming Community

hmm i disabled Anti virus + firewall .
    and vupti .
    OmG "its the migthy vomit" RK2 omni
    .-= Ive Got Your Back=-.
    220 engi /215 doc / 180 enf soli / 141 shade / 168 mp / 126 doc / 125 agent / 59 fixer / 187 fixer /130 sol / 155 ma / 90 NT/ 188crat /156 trader /150 keeper/ 150 enf trox /+some more i forgot

http://www.bash.org/?top

Finally worked for me after disabling comodo defense shield and firewall..

yep comodo again... thanks guys
    220/23 Agent // 220/19 Doc // 174/23 Shade // 170/22 Keeper// 165/21 NT // 160/14 Advy

BM of Komodo