Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

I am now looking forward to sleep. No matter how you plan and work for a release like the LOX booster there is always a great deal of pileup as you try to squeeze those little bits of soul into the end of a project. This always results in a great deal of extra hours and sleepless nights towards the "release". That being said, seeing you all cruising around in hoverchairs definitely made it all worth it. I'll do it all again Release days are always a special madhouse.

Thanks to all who have offered so much of their time and help to make this release one of the smoothest in Anarchy history. Today and last night I was pacing the office waiting for something terrible to explode...today when nothing did I started work on something terrible that IS meant to explode. It was a strange feeling...normally when we release something significant like this there are "issues"..despite the hard work and dedication of everyone involved. I guess I shouldn't complain.

It was disappointing to not be able to include the 12-man instance at release but we'll get it out (with the perk reset npc plus the tweaks and improvements to the unforseen small issues that have appeared so far) in the very near future. New experiences like this should be up to high standard...or not in until they are. In this case I felt it was better to wait..and to make it better. I'm looking forward to seeing the tactics employed by the community in this challenge.

I hope you are all enjoying the new content as much as we are enjoying watching it kill you. Thank you all again for the support we get from all of you to make this game the unique experience it is today.

INCOMING!
    Macrosun is making Map Navigation resetable.
    Right-Click-Ignore in chat is done and coming soon.
    "Get over here!" reverse knockback is in the works.
    Instanced Pande = very soon.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!

Must say I'm a little miffed at my first try of X. An hour and a half of prepping the zone. All ruined by one click happy doctor who dotted at a silly time. Timer expires. Everything down the drain. That might also be exacibated by the throbbing headache and searing brain pain from Sector D.

Ah well. These things happen. Like that strip in Clique Quest depicting a team dropping off wheelbarrows full of keys and loot to a giant menacing monster in one strip, then those same players going off to beat a much weaker version, as we get the hang of it and refine our methods, I'm sure this frustration will pass.

Interesting booster!

Worth the wait? Time will tell - many of us have only sampled a small portion of it thus far. I wanna shoot stuff in the chair. Gimme.

One thing we all seem quite confused about at the moment though, is where these hundreds of solo missions are.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Feb 20th, 2009 at 19:30:46.

LOLFEATURES!

LoX is awesome job, very well done to everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    One thing we all seem quite confused about at the moment though, is where these hundreds of solo missions are.
    The whole of the AI quest is solo able until the very last part.
    Last edited by Technogen; Feb 20th, 2009 at 19:33:52.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Hmmm...all I have to say is

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

First page

Who are you and what have you done with real Means?

True Means would never forget the "all hail Macrosun".

All hail Pants!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I am now looking forward to sleep. No matter how you plan and work for a release like the LOX booster there is always a great deal of pileup as you try to squeeze those little bits of soul into the end of a project. This always results in a great deal of extra hours and sleepless nights towards the "release". That being said, seeing you all cruising around in hoverchairs definitely made it all worth it. I'll do it all again Release days are always a special madhouse.

Thanks to all who have offered so much of their time and help to make this release one of the smoothest in Anarchy history. Today and last night I was pacing the office waiting for something terrible to explode...today when nothing did I started work on something terrible that IS meant to explode. It was a strange feeling...normally when we release something significant like this there are "issues"..despite the hard work and dedication of everyone involved. I guess I shouldn't complain.

It was disappointing to not be able to include the 12-man instance at release but we'll get it out (with the perk reset npc plus the tweaks and improvements to the unforseen small issues that have appeared so far) in the very near future. New experiences like this should be up to high standard...or not in until they are. In this case I felt it was better to wait..and to make it better. I'm looking forward to seeing the tactics employed by the community in this challenge.

I hope you are all enjoying the new content as much as we are enjoying watching it kill you. Thank you all again for the support we get from all of you to make this game the unique experience it is today.
    Good job indeed you all pulled off there... Gratz

WOW!!!

- That would be awsome

- Will be great help in speed-ignoring all the cred sellers.

- Much needed Melee love? If it is... WOOT!

- Can't wait....

Overall... It all sounds dasm good
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with real Means?

True Means would never forget the "all hail Macrosun".
    Dammit...horrible oversight.

ALL HAIL MACROSUN!

Much better.

Also:

ALL HAIL LINDELU, METAING, GENELE, FLAPTOOT AND MSTRBSTRD for their great work on this booster
    Last edited by Means; Feb 20th, 2009 at 20:46:10.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

I cant wait for engineer vortex mines!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

ALL HAIL MACROSUN!

Much better.

Also:

ALL HAIL LINDELU, GENELE, FLAPTOOT AND MSTRBSTRD for their great work on this booster
    Still WTB a Meet the Devs Friday(s) where each of them introduce themselves, even need to get Kin to post some despite his ABANDONMENT!

<@Kintaii> L2P

ALL HAIL MACROSUN!

Much better.

Also:

ALL HAIL LINDELU, GENELE, FLAPTOOT AND MSTRBSTRD for their great work on this booster
    What about Metaing?

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    What about Metaing?
    He didn't want to get attacked by the hordes of pet users for mentioning Metaing (jk)

PS Where is your DEV logo, go smack a the forum mod!

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    He didn't want to get attacked by the hordes of pet users for mentioning Metaing (jk)

PS Where is your DEV logo, go smack a the forum mod!
    I eated it ;'(

I wasn't overall impressed by my first-look at the booster but after spending about 15hrs of playtime I can honestly say that I like what I've seen thus far.

I was expecting more traditional AO-style missions (i.e. RK/Pen/Inferno) but definitely love doing quests. As I write this, I realize that perhaps more instanced solo content is not what was needed at all. Arid Rift really does provide a good opportunity for solo play without an individual feeling as if they are playing an offline console/pc game. The axp from progressing through just a couple pieces of the rift questline was phenomonal.. even solo as a 220 doctor.

I enjoyed the challenge of X though I feel that there should be some sort of sk, cred and/or item reward as you go through the different parts (A-F). I haven't heard anyone mention the solo quests available in the canyon area but they are great sk and repeatable.. a nice 'incentive' for 220's helping friends with A-F since they can complete those solo quests along the way.

Special Kudos for the new cooldown timers. I was really impressed with how helpful those are for perks and nanos.. definitely a welcome addition to the game.

Keep up the good work.. I can't wait to see the new things coming down the pipeline.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    - Much needed Melee love? If it is... WOOT!
    Only soldiers and agents will get it!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

MACROSUN I LOVE YOU!!!!!

The ghay factor of the thread just reached new heights hehe
    Last edited by Marlark; Feb 20th, 2009 at 20:43:52.
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    All hail Pants!
    Why, thank you. I'm flattered.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    What about Metaing?
    Coudn't edit fix that fast enough...thanks for pointing out my screw up though. TRAITOR! :P
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Coudn't edit fix that fast enough...thanks for pointing out my screw up though. TRAITOR! :P
    My intentions were good! I just didn't want Metaing to get hurt!!!!!!

Giev blue name and I'll be nice
    Last edited by Genele; Feb 20th, 2009 at 21:03:12.

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast