Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xan Ear Symbiant from Consultation Quest.

Xan Ear Symbiant from Consultation Quest.

I was in a group and did this mission. You talk to a Unicorn outside and get warped into an instance where you talk to the Envoy. Upon completing the dialoge with the Envoy you get a Xan Ear Symbiant as a reward and instantly warped out.

The problem is my inventory was full and the reward went into overflow and then deleted due to being warped out. Everyone in the group got the symbiant and everyone I've talked to in game also gone one.

The problem I'm having using the petition is the official documentation does not list a physical reward so the GM's I have talked to have been unable to help. There is apparently an error in the official documentation.

Is there anyway I can get the symbiant that was lost in my overflow?

Below is my latest petition:

[Kiniku]: Greetings Merelin! This is GM Kiniku. Do you have a moment to speak about your petition? You may reply by either using Shift+R or /tell Kiniku
    [Kiniku]: Greetings. What is the issue?
    [Kiniku]: I have some, yes.
    [Kiniku]: So you didn't get the item because your inventory was full?
    To [Kiniku]: When you finish the dialoge with the Envoy inside the instande you get the reward and instantly ported out. Since my inventory was full it went into overflow and then lost due to being proted out
    [Kiniku]: No problem.
    [Kiniku]: What is the name of the Mish?
    To [Kiniku]: The one I had before I went in was called Consultation I believe where you talk to a Unicorn outside and he ports you in. I honestly dont recall if that ended that mission and gave me another to talk to the Envoy
    [Kiniku]: Please give me a few moments to pull up some info.
    To [Kiniku]: sure
    [Kiniku]: There isn't actually a physical quest reward for this mish.
    [Kiniku]: Also, I'm not showing that you've completed it.
    [Kiniku]: My mistake, you have.
    To [Kiniku]: Ya thats the problem I had yesterday. Im not sure if I had a new mission to talk to the envoy or not. But, I was in a group and everyone in the group got the new xan ear symbiant and so have lots of others I have talked to. The previous GM I talked to also said there is no reward listed. Not sure how im going to resolve this.
    [Kiniku]: The players are mistaken. There isn't a reward for this. Also, you've completed the task to speak with then Envoy. Your next step should be to kill Technomaster Sinuh.
    To [Kiniku]: sigh,then there are lots of people out there that have a symbiant they are supposed to have.
    [Kiniku]: I assure you that there must be a mistake. I'm looking at our official internal docs. Not only that, but I'm referring to various sites on the internet just in case. If these players did receive something, then it wasn't related to the mish.
    To [Kiniku]: Is there anyone that i can talk to that is actually familiar with this mish. The community knows you get the symbiant but since its so new it appears that the CR dont know about it.
    [Kiniku]: Again, I'm looking at the official documentation, directly from the designers. I'd also like to add that everyone that provides in-game support, uses this same documentation.
    [Kiniku]: Which is why the individual you spoke with yesterday, said the same.
    To [Kiniku]: Ok, it seems im not going to get resolution from petitions, Can you tell me who I can talk to next? is there a forum for this kind of thing?
    To [Kiniku]: let me ask you this can you roll me back to the consultation quest so I can do it over again?
    [Kiniku]: Unfortunately, this is the highest level a ticket can be escalated for in-game support. If you have any further concerns, you are welcome to contact account@funcom.com
    To [Kiniku]: I realize you can only go by whats in your documentation. is there anyway you can roll me back?
    [Kiniku]: Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to roll back missions.
    [Kiniku]: Is there anything else I can assist you with at the moment?
    To [Kiniku]: is there a petition number I can refer to?
    [Kiniku]: Sure thing! Petition ID: 1621314
    To [Kiniku]: thanks

The GM is entirely wrong.

My husband had the exact same problem, because there was no warning the dialog was going to end so quickly and he had a full inventory. We sit in the same room, and I got a ear symb, he got a flicker of an overflow window and then warped out.

After being contacted by and ARK, we went out to dinner and he just checked his offline tells to find that he's been asked to repetition. Fun fun.
    Last edited by Arrien; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 05:49:34. Reason: Added more details.

same happned

took me lotasa time to do it i am ai 30 so i did not get axp nor ear and gm said me there is no reward bte could not even explain he just cut it that way

Wow that sucks.

Got my ear. How can they not know?

yup

why the hell i am getting wraped out ? and can not redo quest to get reward?totaly bul****

Seems alot of people are having this problem, A few org mates that I did the quest witha few days ago fell inot the same situation, but they all got their rewards when talking to a gm. I cant recall if you get the mission before you enter the tower and talk to the alien ina tube or before you talk to the tube alien and then get warped out...either way...you shoulda gotten a symbiant. Perhaps the Gm was just being lazy because you got the name of the mission wrong, perhaps THAT particular segment of the quest didnt give you the symb, but the next one did and he just didnt look it up.
    SeniorFresh 220/20 Fixer RK2
    DocFresh 220/19 Doctor RK2
    MadCratter 220/70/30 Crat Rk2
    Turkeyfart 220/70/17 Keeper Rk2
    McStabbz 220/70/30 Shade RK2
    Eratus 165/14 Trader Rk2

What's really annoying is that GMs should be able to see if anything has been in your possession in the last 24 hours, and I believe that overflow counts as possession. Maybe instead of making it a quest problem petition make it a missing / accidentally deleted item petition?

They can Fix quest flags, not all GM's are real GM's so won't know how to or isn't a senior GM. You can spot the new ones as they still use the scripted crap and don't bother to read the petition. So cover both bases, Email them to keep the jobs worth's happy and re-petition and hope you get a good GM.

yep. Im currently in petition for over 24 hours.

I peitioned when it happened and ended up fallnig asleep. Got an answer from ARK saying he needed more info. Then I repetitioned about an hour before work...and same story. Now im in petition que for the THIRD TIME.

GAH!
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Which mission line is this in? Alien/DB/other?
    Last edited by Dooooooom; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 08:56:27.

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    yep. Im currently in petition for over 24 hours.

I peitioned when it happened and ended up fallnig asleep. Got an answer from ARK saying he needed more info. Then I repetitioned about an hour before work...and same story. Now im in petition que for the THIRD TIME.

GAH!
    Go afk with a message that explains your problem in detail.

Maybe that'll help.

The ear symb is a lie!!

sup with GM's/ARKS's nowadays?
    dissapointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

There is no spoon!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

This is really an example of horrible customer service.

EVERYONE is getting the Ear symb. It's WHERE YOU GET IT. And yes, this instant warp-out is a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE mistake on behalf of the designers.

What we need here is for whoever designed the quest line to get into this thread, EXPLAIN what's supposed to happen, then go slap Kiniku (and whatever other GMs are claiming the Ear symbiant doesn't exist) with something nasty.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Maybe you aren't suppose to get the symb at all and it is a bug?

Noobs who run around with full inventories deserve quest rewards too!
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Ruby, if that's the case, RK is FULL of 220/30/70 exploiters right now.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Repetition and ask the gm to check the inventory log for your deleted ear. And send a mail.

And tha GM was pretty bad, the manual says "the quest doesn't gives a reward" because it's the chat with the npc that spawns the symb in your inv ? I'd double check.
    GM souldn't stick with the manual because wording can be misleading.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 12:37:40.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

maybe try to intentionally cause overflow so u can get the symb back? afaik overflow items are still there, it's the window u need to get back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast