Thread: Rare items / good sellers

Rare items / good sellers

I have been looking for a good and well-updated list of rare items that sell well.

I ask for help since I do not know that much about it myself, and the search results I have run were either very old and limited or poorly structured.
    If you know a good list or have things to add, you are VERY welcomed to reply here.
    Also if one of the items on my list is too common, especially if it is too common, I would just like the best of the best to keep the list short.

Good loot - player sales:
    1. Grid Armor
    2. Pump Trainee
    3. Pump Master
    4. Jobe Portal Guard Personal Pistol.
    5. Jobe City Guard Personal Pistol.
    6. Sword of the Illuminated
    7. Wierd looking
    8. Blinded Blackbird
    9. Biomare/forman orders
    10. Predator armor
    11. Hacked Nano Breed Survival Suit
    12. Sharpshooter's Chip
    13. Salesman's Chip
    14. Nullity Sphere
    15. Weird looking Advanced Augmentation Cloud QL: 142 [SL]
    16. Weird looking Augmentation Cloud QL: 106 [SL]
    17. Weird looking Blissful Calm QL: 50 [SL]
    18. Weird looking Bot Reproduction QL: 37 [SL]
    19. Weird looking Continuous Reconstruction QL: 146 [SL]
    20. Weird looking Cut Red Tape QL: 159 [SL]
    21. Weird looking Friend of the Wild QL: 152 [SL]
    22. Weird looking Greater Nano Boost QL: 136 [SL]
    23. Weird looking Hasty Augmentation Cloud QL: 43 [SL]
    24. Weird looking Hearty Constitution QL: 76 [SL]
    25. Weird looking Instinctive Control QL: 90 [SL]
    26. Weird looking Lesser Nano Boost QL: 10 [SL]
    27. Weird looking Lifebane Modification QL: 90 [SL]
    28. Weird looking Nano Boost QL: 80 [SL]
    29. Weird looking Nano Repulsor QL: 99 [SL]
    30. Weird looking Neural Interfaced Augmentation Cloud QL: 159 [SL]
    31. Weird looking Poison Modification QL: 1 [SL]
    32. Weird looking Red Tape QL: 116 [SL]
    33. Weird looking Semi-Sentient Augmentation Cloud QL: 169 [SL]
    34. Weird looking Serene Sky QL: 172 [SL]
    35. Weird looking Soothing Breeze QL: 24 [SL]
    36. Weird looking Soothing Calm QL: 90 [SL]
    37. Weird looking Targeted Augmentation Cloud QL: 149 [SL]
    38. Weird looking Tranquility of the Vale QL: 139 [SL]
    39. Weird looking Venom Modification QL: 60 [SL]
    40. Weird looking Zephyr from the Grove QL: 90 [SL]
    41. NanoCrystal (Boon of the Ranger) QL: 136 [Dyna]
    42. Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Hard Armor)
    43. Programmed Photon Particle Emitter (Shape Soft Armor)

Good loot - shop food:
    1. Omni-Pol Elite Battle Suit
    2. Omni-Pol Battle Suit
    3. Scorpiod Battle Suit
    4. Plasteel Battle Suit
    5. Urban Battle Suit
    6. Anima of
    7. Creation: Summoning
    8. Bootleg Beamers 'n Bolters
    9. Bootleg Blades 'n Blunts
    10. Smuggler Shipment

Why would I wish the list to be short?
    PICTURE
    And yes, that is an old picture; it will be split up in RK1 and RK2 pictures.
    it will also contain a note of what date the prices are from and a note that prices change over time (disclaimer).
    But from the research I have done, the more rare item-prices fluctuate very little.

The things I am looking for is rare 10+ mil items.
    1) Because they have a huge impact on new players
    2) A shorter list is easier to maintain
    3) As few annoying popups as possible
    4) Very rare / expensive items vary less in price

So:
    Unrollable nanoes
    Dynaloot nanoes

Unrollable items
    Dynaloot items
    (worth 10+ mil)

I look forward to your feedback, so I can get this project up and running.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. Currently you can only get a popup like that if you shift-click an item, I have PMed Means and MacroSun asking for a feature so it will apear on "mouseover" or "pickup". No responce so far, I wrote them a couple of weeks ago.
    But getting a reminder that you have found a rare item, when you shift-click is better than nothing
    Last edited by ArienSky; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 15:49:13.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Good loot - player sales:

1. Grid Armor
    2. Pump Trainee
    3. Pump Master
    4. Jobe Portal Guard Personal Pistol.
    5. Jobe City Guard Personal Pistol.
    6. Sword of the Illuminated
    7. Wierd looking
    8. Blinded Blackbird
    9. Biomare/forman orders
    10. predator armor
    11. Pained Panther

Good loot - shop food:

1. Omni-Pol Elite Battle Suit
    2. Omni-Pol Battle Suit
    3. Scorpiod Battle Suit
    4. Plasteel Battle Suit
    5. Urban Battle Suit
    6. Anima of
    10. Creation: Summoning
    11. Bootleg Beamers 'n Bolters
    12. Bootleg Blades 'n Blunts
    13. Smuggler Shipment
    To the loots;

7. Infuse
    8. Teachings of
    9. Mocham's Gift

Definately not shopfood, these can be sold for several million credits in GMS. I would include all trader Divest / Plunder / Wrangler lines here, agents love them and traders crave for them, and ordinary people crave for wrangles. Some crat buffs such as speeches and baton can be a good seller as well as Agent FP nanos for profs like Trader, Enf, Soldier and Doctor. The most common buffs used on RK such as SFA, Behe, RC, OS etc. tend to sell fast and with reasonable profit as well.

Would also include Nullity Sphere nanos which come in ID form and can be sold for good profit and a couple of rare nanos that can be looted off dyna bosses, most notably keeper ability buffs and soldier full auto buffs.

Then there's an uncommon item to be found on low level missions that can be real good startup funds, that is the Trader's Chip which can be used to upgrade the trader hat.

Also empty implants around ql 150-200 are good source of income and any NCU mems up from ql 130'ish. Compilers, sinks and CPU upgrades however aren't that much of a seller.

SL Items, such as the Personal Pistols, Sword of the Illuminated etc. should be divided among SL zones, the loot varies a lot between zones and some of the rare loot is not that good.
    Last edited by mes; Apr 20th, 2009 at 09:33:27.
    220 Crat, 216 MP, 174 Trader, 165 Shade

Sad list.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Sad list.
    Thats such a constructive and helpful post I havent seen in ages

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Thats such a constructive and helpful post I havent seen in ages
    I try my best \o/
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by mes View Post
    Would also include Nullity Sphere nanos which come in ID form and can be sold for good profit and a couple of rare nanos that can be looted off dyna bosses, most notably keeper ability buffs and soldier full auto buffs.

Then there's an uncommon item to be found on low level missions that can be real good startup funds, that is the Trader's Chip which can be used to upgrade the trader hat.

SL Items, such as the Personal Pistols, Sword of the Illuminated etc. should be divided among SL zones, the loot varies a lot between zones and some of the rare loot is not that good.
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I have never tried selling the items listed to a shop, I found them on an existing (old-old) list.

The things I am looking for is rare 10+ mil items.
    1) Because they have a huge impact on new players
    2) A shorter list is easier to maintain
    3) As few annoying popups as possible
    4) Very rare / expensive items vary less in price

So:
    Unrollable nanoes
    Dynaloot nanoes

Unrollable items
    Dynaloot items
    (worth 10+ mil)

For that reason I will not include empty implants, also I can not discern between the QLs. Also rollable nanoes vary a lot in price, depending on the number of people rolling them. At times I have been the sole provider of Complete Heal, Lifegiving Elixir, Baton of command.. and that way been able to sell them for 5 mil. But the list of nanoes I blitz change with the GMS prices, when others start rolling Complete heal and the price goes down I stop.

I will add the trader chip and Nullity Sphere (thank you for providing the full names, as I might not know the short name for all items eg. NS)
    And remove the shopfoods you mentioned.

Flyingengi, this is a work in progress, that is why I ask for your help

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Last edited by ArienSky; Apr 20th, 2009 at 16:04:21.

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

It certainly would be good for new players to have a list of valuable items to reference. Though, I think it will have to remain third-party; your chances of getting anything like this implemented in-game are pretty much nonexistent - it is too spoiler-y, subject to too much market fluctuation & game changes, and almost impossible to keep accurate & complete.

That being said, I think the best way to keep your list short & helpful is to stick to lower level stuff, notable dyna/mission loot and such - the kind of thing a new player might come across and accidentally shopfood or not loot at all. Things like CoH weapons and SL unique drops are not things that a newbie will just stumble across - if someone manages to loot a Sword of the Illuminated and doesn't know enough about this game to hold onto it, it's his/her own damn fault and I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Also, if you are looking for 10m+ items, why is Salesman's Chip on the list?
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    It certainly would be good for new players to have a list of valuable items to reference. Though, I think it will have to remain third-party; your chances of getting anything like this implemented in-game are pretty much nonexistent - it is too spoiler-y, subject to too much market fluctuation & game changes, and almost impossible to keep accurate & complete.

That being said, I think the best way to keep your list short & helpful is to stick to lower level stuff, notable dyna/mission loot and such - the kind of thing a new player might come across and accidentally shopfood or not loot at all. Things like CoH weapons and SL unique drops are not things that a newbie will just stumble across - if someone manages to loot a Sword of the Illuminated and doesn't know enough about this game to hold onto it, it's his/her own damn fault and I don't feel sorry for them at all.

Also, if you are looking for 10m+ items, why is Salesman's Chip on the list?
    Great feedback

I will start from the bottom and up:
    I have not checked the prices of the items listed here.
    It takes quite some time to find the lowest price on GMS/Kimi's site for both dimensions (sorry DNW)

*nods* I agree with you that it should be things people accidentally stumble upon, that should be marked like this, and with the SLoob program (hopefully) more will go for the 5$ a month and that way stumble upon the Weird looking nanoes.

The argument about only having low lvl items and that way helping newcommers the most is one I have had too, it will limit the list, on the other hand it will not help me
    As mentioned I have little idea what sells well, even though I have played a couple of years. My hope is that this feature will make the economy better, that less rare items will rot, and more will come into circulation.

Where does "Sword of the Illuminated" drop?
    As we agreed on before; it should be random drops, not mob specific drops as Shades of Lucubration, Burden etc.

On your first point:
    Well surprisingly this tips feature has been mentioned before.. back at patch 15.
    Back then /start would execute external programs, so with this tips function could automate playing.

That exploit was countered, it is no longer possible.

Maybe that was what you had heard about Sorhan?
    As mentioned: you can no longer automate playing via the Tips function, the only thing you can is.. *smiles* show tips.

When people Shift-click an item or NPC, you can have a window with information about that item or NPC pop up. No more, no less.

I like having things available ingame, having a 100 items long list in some forum post will not help me; I will forget and/or there are so many posts, some badly structured, some outdated etc. so it is hard to find lists like that.
    Sure, this list will likely be outdated one day, so it needs maintenance, but it is better than the current situation, where rare items rot for those not knowing the value.

It is not so automated that the tips window will pop up when you pick up the item.. you will have to shift-click it.
    Just like in the Back Yards / Newcomer island with your startup equipment.
    It is a feature made to help people get tips on items, it is intended to do that, indeed not an exploit, but a feature

Again, I appreciate your well thought out feedback. Food for thought.
    We seem to agree on what items should be included, and what should not.
    I hope you can help, contributing some more.

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

shape hard/soft

Kind Regards
    Rdord
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    shape hard/soft

Kind Regards
    Rdord
    Thank you, I checked the price in GMS, and added them to the list

I assume you don't want to include PB pattern pieces that can drop symbiants that sell for 10+ easily

But perhaps you should add Hate Program and the Training Spirit from Elysium - think both are still 10 Mil+ at least (Hate prog used to be like 90 Mil but awhile ago cause it is mighty rare)
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Problem Avoiding/Solving/Seeking Device sells for 10m each. Flat price, no variation, fairly easy to find.

Also, Predator Circlet goes for around 10m IIRC. Needs to be hacked first, though.

Full sets of basic armor are also 10m, but not really rare, just a b*tch and a half to get.

Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Crushing Weapons) QL 10
    Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Thrusting Weapons) QL 20
    Robot Instruction Disc (Improve Slashing Weapons) QL 30

Some more items one could keep a lookout for. Crushing is kinda common and can be found off backyard bosses the other two seems to be alot rarer. I guess thrusting is more sought after since its used to make the improved tango dirks.

Thumbs up

Good idea.

Off topic. Whats that HUD? PM me please.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Good idea.

Off topic. Whats that HUD? PM me please.
    AOU mod, you can get it at www.AO-Universe.com, under downloads:
    Clicky

Current version is still a BETA;
    AOU MOD v0.9.6 Public BETA

Which means that some things might change, it is very well done at the moment though. The changes will most likely just be graphical ones in the AriensGUI panel and other help files.

We are through the big file-structure changes.. hopefully.

If this project will be merged into the AOU mod one.. time will see.
    This is not even started up yet, I have just made "proof of concept" examples.

When this list is set, it will "just" take some price lookups to implement.
    (and considerations on what existing tips to preserve.
    By keeping this a private project I can choose for myself though)

Kind Regards
    Ariensky

PS. My last project, (Basic Voicepack) along with the AOU voicepack was heavily interrupted by a 18.01 bug..
    Still not fixed. I hope MacroSun messing with the GUI setup will not produce more bugs, that might interrupt this project.

For the avg "just starting out" toon, with 0 creds.....

go to shadow lands, kill lowbie dynas, collect pattern pieces, they are far more reliable money makers at lower lvls. ofc they arent any good to pop, just sell them to rk shops 15k per is quick easy money to get, also you have a chance of that particular mob to drop perls.

ive done just about every toon of mine like this, each pretty much paying their own way thru the lvls, the rest of the stuff u find is just ++
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10