Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

Bring back looting in pvp

couldn't find another thread about this,
    would be great if you could loot people in pvp again,

how it used to work:

Player gains some form of XP , Player forgets to save, player dies to pvp , any items they have gained since forgetting to save are lootable from corpse.

please, would liven things up again

I don't think the OP was after easy phatz though. He probably just wanted to bring back some excitement to the game.
    thats exactly right ^^^^ , I really don't want this to be implemented because I expect to be looting this huge pile of hard to obtain items. I want there to be a sense of risk, excitement, I posted beneath that its like playing poker with your grandma. I would rather wager even $0.25 cents per poker chip, than peanuts. When there's nothing to gain and nothing to loose, the risk is gone, the thrill just isn't there....

Quote Originally Posted by suggestions
    ----- Other ways to ****e up pvp -----

a "wager window" you could open in a duel situation

this would allow each player to place an item inside the window, they duel would not start until both players pressed "agree" and agreed upon the items being of equal value or equally acceptable as a duel wager. Whoever won the duel would get to keep both items , so you get your item back, plus their wager.

::Bring back the XP pinky and change it slightly-http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=83935

This item has been 'cut' from the hand of a Player Character when he or she lost more than 1% experience on a particular level. Mostly received from PvP. This is what is used to honor a successful 'termination' of a PvP mission target...

This item was fun, but I think it doesn't really create a sense of risk because you never really have the item, its generated upon the kill. It would be nice if they were returned to the game and could be turned into an NPC for a bit of Victory Points, with diminishing returns of course.
    ------------------------------------------------

::Raids on enemy cities

once a week players could enter an opposing factions city and kill their security commander NPC.

This could result in :

the supression gas in the city being turned down to 25% with each pvp kill rewarded with victory pionts. Players attacking the city would gain more victory points the defending players.

Last edited by Ninj00; Nov 15th, 2009 at 20:44:48. Reason: included suggestions

Angry Debump!

Hmm, lets say... I transfer some expensive phat items (CC or even backpacks full of valuable & useful items f.e), run around borealis (or any other city), I tab some flagged person (sometimes just to check lvl/prof/faction) and lets say i take a sip of drink and im playing in a quite dark room (at evening/nights?) or my hands are placed on keyboard differently than they were just a few moments ago. So I accidentally press Q or any other special/perk on hotbar that attacks the player. I'm not buffed up/prepared for the fight at all, I will get killed and lose in billions worth of stuff just because of a misclick? I hope you understand what I mean.
    It has happened to me a few times (triggered an attack on player because of pressing a wrong button).

No thanks, big debump.
    A person is just about as big as the things that make them angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclone View Post
    Hmm, lets say.......................I GAINED SOME XP...................... I transfer some expensive phat items (CC or even backpacks full of valuable & useful items f.e), run around borealis..................... AND FORGET TO SAVE !!!!!! (or any other city),

I tab some flagged person (sometimes just to check lvl/prof/faction) and lets say i take a sip of drink and im playing in a quite dark room (at evening/nights?) or my hands are placed on keyboard differently than they were just a few moments ago. So I accidentally press Q or any other special/perk on hotbar that attacks the player. I'm not buffed up/prepared for the fight at all, I will get killed and lose in billions worth of stuff just because of a misclick? I hope you understand what I mean.
    It has happened to me a few times (triggered an attack on player because of pressing a wrong button).

No thanks, big debump.
    if you are transfering billions of stuff to a character and you are in borealis, why wouldnt you spend 2,000 credits and save?

you need to read my suggestion and gtfo

if you save in a city and someone gives you a RBP , then you get in pvp and die, you CANT BE LOOTED

you can only be looted if you gain xp, AND forget to save AND get killed in pvp

EASY TO AVOID : allways save before pvping and always save if you have some items you dont want to loose , its VERY easy and wasnt a significant problem when it was active

Last edited by Ninj00; May 9th, 2009 at 06:30:29.

If you want your "phats" get them yourself. It is far to easy to just gank someone in a city or BS or towers or wherever and steal their stuff that you're to lazy to get. Free stuff really, hide in sneak for someone who's flagged and poof, gank, phats for me!

No.

Get off your ass and raid the stuff yourself if you want the loot. PvP and PvM are both easy, but PvM at least requires a bit of time and commitment. Hiding in sneak preying off people who forget to save to get the stuff in a minute that they spent hours fighting for is not something that this game should have.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    If you want your "phats" get them yourself. It is far to easy to just gank someone in a city or BS or towers or wherever and steal their stuff that you're to lazy to get. Free stuff really, hide in sneak for someone who's flagged and poof, gank, phats for me!

No.

Get off your ass and raid the stuff yourself if you want the loot. PvP and PvM are both easy, but PvM at least requires a bit of time and commitment. Hiding in sneak preying off people who forget to save to get the stuff in a minute that they spent hours fighting for is not something that this game should have.

listen you were not playing this game when it was active, you are fear mongering.

this suggestion has nothing to do with gaining peoples "phatz" as you say, its FAR easier to farm loot in the raid than it is to try to gank people all day and hope that not only the person even has the item you want , but also has gained xp and hasnt saved since looting it. Once you save everyting you own is considered never lootable unless you give it to someone else, gain xp, then they give the item back to you and then you pvp and die without saving....... how many times has that happened to you?

There are so many factors at play its very rare that you would ever actually loose any items, and its usually just med packs and bullets..

Think about the last time you gain xp and items, didnt save, then got killed in pvp , probably has hardly ever happened to you

Also, this would only count in RK/SL , the battlestations and dueling would not apply as you dont actually die in either.
    Last edited by Ninj00; May 9th, 2009 at 06:43:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    listen you were not playing this game when it was active, you are fear mongering.
    And because you were playing it when it was active you're a biased sod who thinks that he's entitled to other peoples stuff with little to no effort on his behalf because he managed to roll a profession that can gank well and picks his fights from sneak vs people he know he can win against.

People talk and talk and talk about how they love PvP and how they don't want PvM to ruin PvP and how PvP is so great. And yet it seems that PvP is never enough, you want more from it you want to advance your character from it. If you want "phats" do the work to get it like everyone else. There is no challenge, as much as you may try and skew it to seem like there is, in hiding in sneak and killing someone. Yes, you do have a chance that they have the item you want; but it works that way in PvM too, nothing (to important) is 100% drop chance.

If this suggestion had nothing to do with gaining "phats" then it wouldn't be in existence. The very concept of this is that you gain items by looting in PvP. Try not contradicting yourself alright?
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

you can only be looted if you gain xp, AND forget to save AND get killed in pvp

EASY TO AVOID : allways save before pvping and always save if you have some items you dont want to loose , its VERY easy and wasnt a significant problem when it was active

220/30/70

Doesnt get XP/SK/AXP DEBUMP for lame ideas..... You just looking to gank people & score phatz u did nothing to earn.

Debump, FC has better things to do with thier time.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

Debump for this idea.

However it would be fun to utilize this system at least a little bit.

How about a vp item you can buy (for like 25k) that changes your name to red and when you die in pvp it is lootable.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    How about a vp item you can buy
    Doesn't really serve any purpose unless you can collect them and combine them into something, which you could still just farm VP and buy them.

The OP's idea makes sense in cities and possibly tower wars--really the only place it sucks is BS and the perma 25% zones where you get RK missions. Kind of defeats the purpose of missions if someone can just hang around outside the entrance and gank you when you run to escape a mob, or finish the mission but run out of stims/kits/ammo--especially since your LE procs cancel when you step outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Grind42 View Post
    220/30/70

Doesnt get XP/SK/AXP DEBUMP for lame ideas..... You just looking to gank people & score phatz u did nothing to earn.

Debump, FC has better things to do with thier time.

once you are 220 you cant loose XP to a pool, AXP and LE dont really get lost to a pool so it would only be active until then,...... maybe you could still have it be active for SK since technically I think you still gain SK after 220 it just doesnt go to anything, it would just mean you would have to save after killing things and gaining new items

you guys are just hating because you are too scared,

and since when do enfs use sneak?

let me just say this again: when you gain XP you usually try to save it as quickly as you can so it doesnt go into pool right? So how often do you really get killed by another player between gaining SK/XP and saving? Probably less than once every 6 months...

I am not interested in ganking you and getting your phat leewtss. Ive actually never looted anything worth more than 3m from someone in pvp.

it just makes pvp at least someone interesting, suddenly there would be something to loose again

you cant loose titles
    you cant really loose xp because it goes into a pool
    you cant get looted
    your items dont even go to reclaim anymore

theres nothing to loose in pvp !

Think of it like this - What would you prefer :

playing a game of poker with some friends with each poker chip representing $0.25 cents

vs

playing a game of poker with some friends with each poker chip representing nothing but some plastic

Even if you are only betting 25 cents it makes the game more exciting, theres more at stake, something to loose.
    Last edited by Ninj00; May 9th, 2009 at 08:47:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    Debump for this idea.

However it would be fun to utilize this system at least a little bit.

How about a vp item you can buy (for like 25k) that changes your name to red and when you die in pvp it is lootable.
    Sounds like the Glyph of Arcana (Jokers Glyph?). *sigh* Good times.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Sounds like the Glyph of Arcana (Jokers Glyph?). *sigh* Good times.
    yeah even those glyphs were sweet,

more stuff like that would be just as good as my original suggestion

maybe its an item like that but you can loot them from people and combine them into some mega-layered item that adds to swimming or something useless but fun

an item that starts off as ql 1 " First Tier Human Essence of Reclaim"

every time you combine two of any QL of " First Tier Human Essence of Reclaim" it raises the higher QL object by 1 so that a ql1 + a ql1 would be a ql2 but a ql32 + a ql 35 would be 36

once it reaches ql 300 it becomes a ql 1"Second Tier Human Essence of Reclaim" and sofourth until maybe 100 tiers or something

each tier would add +500 swimming and map navigation

hows that mr "i dont wana loose my phats" would that be ok?
    Last edited by Ninj00; May 9th, 2009 at 09:01:24.

hows that mr "i dont wana loose my phats" would that be ok?
    I don't care about losing "phats" because I'm not that big a PvP nut to begin with. I do, however, care about someone gaining said "phats" with little to no effort on their behalf in comparison with the effort it currently takes to acquire the same object.

If you want to create a new object that does nothing more then add some benign stats and on right click strokes your epeen then by all means, continue to pitch your idea to Funcom. I have no qualms with a bunch of a little boys running around bashing each other over the head to see who can go home with the biggest welt to show mommy.

PvP, to me and hopefully many others, is not about a pissing contest or who comes out on top, it's about a fight that is truly challenging in a way that no AI could ever match. Coming out on top is the goal, not getting loot and new shiny stuff to sit on our mantle.

If your drive in this game is to get more more more stuff, even if it's impractical and adds swimming, then by all means; pursue it.

But don't for a second think that it's fair for you to get an item with little to no effort that someone put time into. I, and certainly others from the state of things, will not stand quietly while our time spent in game gets us rare and useful items with low drop rates and your time in game is spent stealing them from others with minimal effort.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

it just makes pvp at least someone interesting, suddenly there would be something to loose again
    Except that the real pvp-er will have saved before getting flagged, and the random pvm-gimp which just earned a supple from an ai raid wont. I don't see a challenge in this, it's just very sad for that pvm-er which doesn't want anything to do with pvp and certainly doesn't want his supple lost.

Then there will be exploits.

It will be such a mess, debump.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Oh, the "good" old times where people got a PVP tag, and sneaked around kite-hill.
    When they got hit by an NT AOE they killed the NT and stole all the ignots(multi-million item Hecklers drooped).

Sure, we should get that system back, it was sooo fun having other people deliberately ruining your game time, and getting the ARK reply "It is within the game rules, if he did it for loot, and not to grief you personally".

Also godly-twinked people hanging out at the Subway, ToTW and Formans office, asking newcomers to PVP "just to 10%" as they said.. but more often than not, they lied and looted you.

That sure was a fun start to the game, being killed and robbed.

As mentioned: The PVPers and those knowing the system always saved (remember to save before going to Hope bar), but the victims were those unaware of it.

A great, great idea in theory, but in reality it is a really annoying thing to experience, because it is never intentional that you loose something, it is just when you forget to save..

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

debump, stupid idea and your just trying to get phatz you didnt earn.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Bump!

Should also bring the old titles back as I really, really.. miss the drama that they offered.

I think this is a bad idea personally. I don't think the OP was after easy phatz though. He probably just wanted to bring back some excitement to the game.

It would cause way too many problems however because there are a lot of people that don't save because that means they would have to farm insigs/keys to the gardens which would cause a lot more headache than excitement.

Perhaps a different implementation would be better though. For instance, players killed in PvP would transfer 50% of unsaved XP/SK to the victor? No item transfer. No credit transfer.

Honestly, I don't care if nothing changes in this respect. I'm just throwing an idea out there.

Looting items of pvp opponents would remove the carebear aspect of the game, and make it more as it was years ago.

You also would loose 90% of the remaining playerbase.

The other 10% would be me and maybe 50 other ppl.

If you want a game like that, eve online offers this kind of pvp.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast