Thread: Get The Word Out About AO!

Get The Word Out About AO!

Hey everybody

After returning to AO today I see that while some people still play, the game population has only gone down this past year and a half, so I'm proposing that people post an Anarchy Online forum advertisement in the form of a guide or introduction to the game on sites they may frequent under the appropriate forum.

An example of what I mean is what I have already taken the liberty of posting at Overclock.net

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/50...ne-thread.html

Perhaps we get a few new players into the game if we all make similar posts around the net. As you can see it is not a blatent "omg come play this dying game" post, but rather, a thread just designed to get the word out and spread a great game.

Cheers,
    MR
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Nice Marine, I have been trying to get a friend of mine who does game reviews for a magazine called 'NAG" aka New Age Gaming.

He has allready requested to his superiors for a slot & I have shown him the basics. Looking forward to his article.

Nice post btw... go go go
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

AO is dying!!!!

... every summer
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Well, you've got me motivated =P

My post on MMORPG.com
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde View Post
    Well, you've got me motivated =P

My post on MMORPG.com
    Funny thing about that post:

Unlike games where this twinking provides an extremely unfair advantage and is only available to the wealthy, Anarchy Online's developers intended for this to be an integral part of the game, and players will find that participation in this metagame is incredibly involved and rewarding, but not absolutely necessary in order to enjoy the game.
    The difference between twinks and non-twinks here is huge. Maybe a half assed twink..."equipper" would suit in there as comparisson, but not the way you said it.

Already a number of players ignore people with sub-par equip, since most of the game is heavily equip based, not "skill" based, like f.e. AoC (by skill based I mean that the skills on your hotbar that do damage, not skill at pointing and clicking). No point in even touching the PvP difference.

Basically, you've misadvertised twinking Then again, adverts are supposed to say things from a brighter perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrofiil View Post
    Funny thing about that post:

The difference between twinks and non-twinks here is huge. Maybe a half assed twink..."equipper" would suit in there as comparisson, but not the way you said it.

Already a number of players ignore people with sub-par equip, since most of the game is heavily equip based, not "skill" based, like f.e. AoC (by skill based I mean that the skills on your hotbar that do damage, not skill at pointing and clicking). No point in even touching the PvP difference.

Basically, you've misadvertised twinking Then again, adverts are supposed to say things from a brighter perspective.
    Yeah, I tried to avoid specifically mentioning whether or not the twinking would have an impact on your ability to be competitive. Rather I just aimed at giving the impression that twinking was a) not the same kind of EQ1 twinking in the sense of equipping a level 1 with raid gear and b) not something that will impact a person's ability to play the game; whether or not it means they're going to get arseraped in PvP is another story entirely =P

It wasn't meant to overly-glorify anything, or even address the difference in power between a twink and a non-twink. Really it was just to make potential players aware that the process of twinking is a major part of the game. I know I personally wouldn't want to come into the game not realizing that I couldn't just equip a piece of gear that said "Must Be Level 220" whenever I pleased.

I do however appreciate you mentioning it ^^ It was one of those things I figured was going to get picked up on by a current player.
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

I like how you have the threebrain hot dog as your avatar there.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus