Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Globalnet -Chatnet - wackynet - lolnet - omgnet

Globalnet -Chatnet - wackynet - lolnet - omgnet

I dont have the ability to host an AO bot right now,, but

it would be super if someone who could , would take a prebuilt bot, strip it of 99% of its functionality and turn it into a 'chatnet' that anyone of any faction beyond level 15 could join,

maybe code a spam filter into it that auto bans you for a week if you send too many lines of chat per minute

Has anyone tried this before? Why not?

I remember there was an "enf bot" or something on rk2 for a while, that actually connected RK1 and RK2 chat and was meant for 'enforcers only' but I'm pretty sure anyone could join

A game wide, server wide, megabot with no commands , jus for talking, would be great.

PS: I just got banned from neutnet for this,

To [neutnet]: !spam general all wtf should I wear for social, best looking answer gets 50m (clan atrox enf btw)

Which is what I thought the 'general' channel was for, ............. No tell, no explanation, just a ban.

We do not have a "not so serious global communication network" in place, and I think AO really needs that.
    Last edited by Ninj00; Jun 18th, 2009 at 20:40:19. Reason: clarification

I like this idea. The profession specific bots that joined RK1&2 were quite nice, and while I'm pretty sure this idea has been mentioned before, it seems like it never comes to fruition.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Guernica View Post
    I like this idea. The profession specific bots that joined RK1&2 were quite nice, and while I'm pretty sure this idea has been mentioned before, it seems like it never comes to fruition.
    it seems like such an obvious idea, I don't know why its not active. It would be so useful and I think encourage a lot of good things

I wish to flame my fellow Martial Artists from all servers, there's a lack of them on rk1, or they just all use shen sticks (no point in flaming).

bump for cross-server chat/BS relay!

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe View Post
    I wish to flame my fellow Martial Artists from all servers, there's a lack of them on rk1, or they just all use shen sticks (no point in flaming).

bump for cross-server chat/BS relay!
    even just a "omni/clan neut" on rk2 that wasnt connected to rk1 or rk3 would blow my mind

Helpbot has a chat channel that is multi-dimension.
    /tell helpbot !join
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

I'm not about to make something like that up :P
    Yeah I spent 3 days coding an implementing a clean cross-dim chat.
    It has whois functions but it can be turned off on a per-dimension basis if that's what people want, although I can't see why it would be. :O

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives

Quote Originally Posted by Toxor View Post
    I'm not about to make something like that up :P
    Yeah I spent 3 days coding an implementing a clean cross-dim chat.
    It has whois functions but it can be turned off on a per-dimension basis if that's what people want, although I can't see why it would be. :O
    is it ever active? how come nobody knows about it :O

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    stuff...
    PS: I just got banned from neutnet for this,

To [neutnet]: !spam general all wtf should I wear for social, best looking answer gets 50m (clan atrox enf btw)

Which is what I thought the 'general' channel was for, ............. No tell, no explanation, just a ban.

We do not have a "not so serious global communication network" in place, and I think AO really needs that.
    As a mod of neut net, I can tell ya if i would have seen that i would have banned you too. It's nothing of general interest to the public. It doesn't matter if you were being serious or not about an offer of 50 mil. You could have spammed the OOC, imo. If you have any questions about what to spam /tell neutnet !help. The rules are listed there.. and if you still have a question about what is ok or not to spam you probably shouldn't spam it

Most bans are temp for a few days unless you do something really bad. And above all.. a 'general channel' for global communication is the OOC channel.
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

...Except OOC channels aren't global.

Generally people can only hear you if they're in the same zone as you, or a zone connected by a door or whompah.

The exception is the Neu. Newbie OOC channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    is it ever active? how come nobody knows about it :O
    I logged in and joined, I was the only one in the chat

i think this feature needs a re-introduction to the community under a new name like "chatnet" or something , a bot thats soul purpose is a inter-connected chat system

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post

Generally people can only hear you if they're in the same zone as you, or a zone connected by a door or whompah.

This is everything that's wrong with AO.

It's been busier because it logs to the #helpbot IRC channel..
    But it isn't going to be massively populated if only like five people who read this thread know about it. Spread the word if you'd like it to be busy.
    There have been plans to make helpbot popular again for a while but Naturalistic works offshore and I've just left school / got university in a few months. :0
    Eventually something will happen but for now if you can spread it by word of mouth maybe you'll get what you're looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    This is everything that's wrong with AO.
    Limitation by choice.

The Testlive Social channel is server wide as far as im aware.

Although going on Testlive and messing about in Social will probably result in a very fast eviction.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Limitation by choice.

The Testlive Social channel is server wide as far as im aware.

Although going on Testlive and messing about in Social will probably result in a very fast eviction.
    Not to mention how awful the credit spammers would be if there actually were a global channel...

Not to mention how awful the credit spammers would be if there actually were a global channel...
    well it would be limited to level 15+ or 50+ ,

so it wouldn't be a problem

I have been thinking about starting oocbot, now that I have spare box I might start one. Don't know what software would be for cross-dim/irc one with minimal functions...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Well... if you want to use it for the purposes of yet another player ran bot, you solved your own problem.

OOC isn't global but it's a non-player dependent chat bot... that you have to stay in the same zone for. So... stay in the zone and use it un-moderated
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxor View Post
    It's been busier because it logs to the #helpbot IRC channel..
    But it isn't going to be massively populated if only like five people who read this thread know about it. Spread the word if you'd like it to be busy.
    There have been plans to make helpbot popular again for a while but Naturalistic works offshore and I've just left school / got university in a few months. :0
    Eventually something will happen but for now if you can spread it by word of mouth maybe you'll get what you're looking for
    Perhaps we could spam the faction bots with that info, and have the same done in rk1 (if they have some spambots) so it wouldnt be hard to do. Also the bot should offer auto-invite options, so people get in every time they log.

I dont see any reason to chat with people from rk1 tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast